Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Pp1 and standard gt are the same height...more or less.
About an inch is "more or less" in my garage. I have one of each sitting next to each other. Tape measure says GT is ¾ taller in front and almost ¾ in the rear....more or less. 😉
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Pp1 and standard gt are the same height...more or less.
Also ...The OEM 265/35/20s on the GT are taller than the PP1 fronts and shorter than PP1 rears...so there's that factor.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Well, only a 0.5" drop LOL nothing crazy. I don't mind running staggered or square but the staggered 10/11 combo does look really sweet.
I have a 2020 PP2 that comes with 19x11 on the rear and there is no rub with the Steeda magneride springs which give a 1" drop. I'm getting them installed in the next couple of weeks.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
2020 base GT with the Ford Track suspension kit. This dropped the base GT quite a bit but I'm not sure how that equates to the drop compared to a performance pack suspension but it's definitely lower than any showroom stock offering.

In any case, no hint of a rub with 19x11s and 325 tires in the rear.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I’m interested in buying the SVE SP2 wheels in 19x10/11
staggered setup.
My problem is I bought a set of new Pirelli Z tires for my PP1 wheels last year from a guy who had them for his Mustang but ended up buying a Corvette.
My question is will these tires (255/40/19 and 275/ 40/19) fit ok on the SP2 wheels?
I want the new wheels for aesthetics and the hope that the lighter wheels will give me a better ride. I’m an old guy So won’t be doing any track days.
Thanks

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
staggered setup.
My problem is I bought a set of new Pirelli Z tires for my PP1 wheels last year from a guy who had them for his Mustang but ended up buying a Corvette.
My question is will these tires (255/40/19 and 275/ 40/19) fit ok on the SP2 wheels?
I want the new wheels for aesthetics and the hope that the lighter wheels will give me a better ride. I’m an old guy So won’t be doing any track days.
Thanks
Those tires are just outside the recommended range for those rims. But I will let those with more expertise chime in...

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
staggered setup.
Thanks
255 on a 10" and 275 on an 11" will probably fit but it'll absolutely be a stretch and likely make your car look like one of "those" cars

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
255 on a 10" and 275 on an 11" will probably fit but it'll absolutely be a stretch and likely make your car look like one of "those" cars
Thanks.
I’ll probably buy the wheel/ tire package and sell my new tires and PP1 wheels that still have half worn out tires on them as well.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks.
I’ll probably buy the wheel/ tire package and sell my new tires and PP1 wheels that still have half worn out tires on them as well.
That's what I would do.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.
I sold my OEM PP1 set with worn tires on them for $1000 on OfferUp. People definitely still want them

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I wish LMR would offer a package with all season tires

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
staggered setup.
Thanks
So a few years ago I was going to go with a SVE 10"/11" setup on my 2017 GT and use my stock PP tires. Double check your exact tires, but must 255/40r19 tires range from an acceptable range of an 8" to 10" wide wheel, and 275/40r19 has an acceptable range of 9" to 11" wide. So the 10"/11" wheels are acceptable, may not be optimum, but they will work per the manufacturer. (Again, check your exact tires.) I ended up going with a 10" wheel/275 square setup, but the tire place screwed up and originally mounted the 255's on the 10" wheels. They didn't look bad at all, slightly stretched, but not as bad as some people will make you believe. Just some more info for you. I now around here, used oem tires/wheels don't go for crap.

Doug

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Hi All,

I've been following this thread here and there while contemplating these SVE SP2 wheels for some time now, and am still going over a few things before I pull the trigger - would you guys mind helping me out a bit?

1. Going 11 square vs 10/11 stagger - Car is my daily with 4-6x casual/light HPDE a year. The staggered 10/11 setup is so easy and should maintain current vehicle handling dynamics - the ease of install and simplicity is a huge draw for me. I know that square setup offers a few advantages in that I can rotate the tires, and that the car handles more neutral(more grip up front). The disadvantages are that I would need camber plates, 25MM spacers and long bolts. I am a little torn on this but in reality wish I could go 11 square without having to pay and go through all the supporting mods. On the other hand, going square with supporting mods would also make it easier to go the extra distance and put on magneride lowering springs as well, not that I really planned on it or want to sacrifice ride quality. Part of me just wants to go 10/11, throw them on and call it a day. 285/305 staggered vs 305 square.

2. Black or Graphite? I have a black car with 25% window tint and I really like the gloss black on the current PP1 wheels, but they are heavy, cast, a pain to clean and also block the brembos from view(also not as wide tires as I want). I have heard that the black SP2 does not show the lines of the design as well as the graphite. I also don't remember seeing any black SP2 on black S550 on these forums so I'm unsure of the combo - I can at least reference graphite PP2 stock wheels on a black mustang online easily for an idea. I'm pretty sure I still like the gloss black wheels - wondering what your thoughts are for a black car?

3. Price has increased!!! I remember thinking it was a decent deal at $1000 a set, and then going on sale at $800 or less was a great deal. As of recently I see it at $1200 and has me wondering if I should just shell out for some APEX EC-7's or ESR wheels. I was waiting to see a labor day sale on these but LMR/SVE had nothing. Is it worth waiting until black friday and do we even know if they will have a sale?

These are the points that are causing some analysis paralysis for me at the moment. Is there anything else I should consider regarding the SP2? or just getting new wheels in general? Am I just obsessing over min-maxing everything aka square or stagger, black or graphite, 1K or 1.2K - would I basically enjoy them all regardless? probably lol, but this is more fun! :)

Thanks in advance!

Ummricki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Good afternoon yall , so i finally came around to installling the rims and tires ( 19x10) squared setup and its rubbing up front. So my question is will spacers fix this issue or do I need some other parts? Im a noob when it comes to the tire setups so any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Sponsored