Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
thanks for the clarification! i wasnt aware that all R's had the CF wheels and wing, i wasnt sure if it was like the gt500 where the CFTP comes with those wheels and wing but the other ones do not.
No worries. Thought I’d help. GT350R was the first mass produced car to get carbon fiber wheels. It was followed by the Ford GT, then a Renault, a Ferrari, and then the GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack which has clear carbon instead of the painted carbine fiber wheels and wing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
. Now I need to find some nice harnesses and a fire extinguisher mount for the roll cage.
Allow me to help...

1631209200993.png

and a very portable fire extinguisher!

1631209290324.png

CVCashmere

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well PP, First off a 70 Shelby's were just left over 69's anyway, and I don't like the Black painted stripes on the hood! Don't need one. I have had most of the originals for 35+ years! Paid $6,500 for my 67! My 401k Plan!
As far as the 20 HEPR modifications go. I have the original CF Wheels and tires, can bolt on in 30-min. And the spoiler can easily be painted Black again. I have many paint and body friends in town. Had this done for $200 so not a biggie. I wanted the 2020 to Look like an original "65" I think thats what Ford should have done in the first place. Come on, its supposed to be a Heritage Edition, Make it look like the original! The only reason I bought it is our Fleet gal here had the opportunity to get another GT350 and she hit me up. Told her what I wanted, and I asked her if I could get a certain Ser.# So she checked and could get the opposite of my "65" it is 184 the 20 is 481 Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Plus for 76k not a bad price, I drive it everyday, and Really love it! Glad I did. That's My story and I am sticking to it!
Agreed that the 789 Shelby's sold in the 1970 MY were just unsold 1969 models which received new VIN's for 1970 along with the 2 Black OTT stripes that you do not like as well as Ford installing a Boss 302 chin spolier to the front valence.

Each to their own but personally I like the look of the Black OTT stripes and the Boss 302 chin spoiler for the final production year.

With respect to the VIN of your 2020 HEP R, am I correct in saying that if it ends in 481 then suggest that you have chassis number "LR091" ?

I was very fortunate to have owned "LR041" and absolutely loved that car as it is "The Very Best of the Best" of the 2nd generation GT350/R's and I say that based on having owned numerous other R models but because of recent health issues I have started to downsize my fleet and will continue to do so going forward.

Cool Shelby GT350 collection and thanks for sharing! :like: :like:

DSC04885.jpg

DSC04895 (2).jpg

FlipC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip (Flip)
Vehicle(s)
65-GT350,66-GT350,67-GT350, 2020-GT350R Heritage
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed that the 789 Shelby's sold in the 1970 MY were just unsold 1969 models which received new VIN's for 1970 along with the 2 Black OTT stripes that you do not like as well as Ford installing a Boss 302 chin spolier to the front valence.

Each to their own but personally I like the look of the Black OTT stripes and the Boss 302 chin spoiler for the final production year.

With respect to the VIN of your 2020 HEP R, am I correct in saying that if it ends in 481 then suggest that you have chassis number "LR091" ?

I was very fortunate to have owned "LR041" and absolutely loved that car as it is "The Very Best of the Best" of the 2nd generation GT350/R's and I say that based on having owned numerous other R models but because of recent health issues I have started to downsize my fleet and will continue to do so going forward.

Cool Shelby GT350 collection and thanks for sharing! :like: :like:

DSC04885.jpg

DSC04895 (2).jpg
Thanks for the comments Brother. My Chassis # is LR226 Vin is 5552481 not the 5551481 that has chassis #LR091 on the list. I am not sure how Ford did all their chassis #s and Vin.#s but it doesn't make much sense to me. I wish I could have had Vin.# 2184 chassis #LR177 Maybe he might like to trade? Ha. Yea Cars, they take Alot of time and Money for sure but I sure enjoy them all. Heck I even like some Mopars, and Camaros! (Wash my mouth out!) But I bleed Blue. My 68 and 69 are 500's Big heavy torque monsters. Good cruising cars though. Nothing like 8k RPM corner carving 350 R's Man this car will go around corners faster than I think it can for sure. I will pray for your health, and hopefully things will get better. Take Care.
PS Here is my 70 Boss 302 I have owned since 1990. Originally bought here in Casper. I saw the car new when I was 13 years old. Thought it was the coolest car I ever had seen. Finally got it restored did a few mod's Different engine, have original, fuel injected Boss302 and wheels. everything else is Original though.

boss.jpg

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for the comments Brother. My Chassis # is LR226 Vin is 5552481 not the 5551481 that has chassis #LR091 on the list. I am not sure how Ford did all their chassis #s and Vin.#s but it doesn't make much sense to me. I wish I could have had Vin.# 2184 chassis #LR177 Maybe he might like to trade? Ha. Yea Cars, they take Alot of time and Money for sure but I sure enjoy them all. Heck I even like some Mopars, and Camaros! (Wash my mouth out!) But I bleed Blue. My 68 and 69 are 500's Big heavy torque monsters. Good cruising cars though. Nothing like 8k RPM corner carving 350 R's Man this car will go around corners faster than I think it can for sure. I will pray for your health, and hopefully things will get better. Take Care.
PS Here is my 70 Boss 302 I have owned since 1990. Originally bought here in Casper. I saw the car new when I was 13 years old. Thought it was the coolest car I ever had seen. Finally got it restored did a few mod's Different engine, have original, fuel injected Boss302 and wheels. everything else is Original though.

boss.jpg
As much as I like the "Shaker" option on the 1970 Boss 302 cars your example is way cooler!

FlipC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip (Flip)
Vehicle(s)
65-GT350,66-GT350,67-GT350, 2020-GT350R Heritage
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I like the "Shaker" option on the 1970 Boss 302 cars your example is way cooler!
Thanks PP It is a shaker, slats & spoiler car. Runs good, but not the same as New cars!

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Well done. Beautiful…a CSM # means a whole lot. Enjoy your ride. It is stunning.

Gauzfather

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0100
Looks awesome! Before, I was resistant about doing this, but now I'm going to pursue this. Thank you for sharing your photos and experience!

Sponsored

Wb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Hi have the stock wheels and tires ? Was this a brand new car conversion at shelby America Vegas ?

OP
OP
Dharri21

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Hi have the stock wheels and tires ? Was this a brand new car conversion at shelby America Vegas ?
I have the carbon fiber wheels in the garage. The wheels were part of the SE package installed at Shelby American. They sent back all of the original parts except for the shifter knob. I have another stack shifter knob with the parts. These are post title conversions done by SA.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Understood but after spending a considerable amount of money haing your R model shipped to and from LV and having SA modify your HEP R the cost of of putting your HEP R model back to stock (if you choose to go that route?) will not be inexpensive but if money is no object then it doesn't really matter.

As far as getting a CSM number for your R model that was assembled at the Ford FRAP, I personally don't see any value in obtaining chassis number "20SLV0024" and suggest that chassis number "LR110" is much more important to your 2020 HEP R model.

Now that you have 2 chassis numbers for your car, which chassis number will you refer to for the official chassis number as I do not ever recall any Boss 302/351, Cobra R or Shelby GT350/GT500 Mustang coming with 2 chassis numbers?

Again, I respect your decision for going this route and wish you a great deal of driving pleasure going forward!
The people who will pay a premium for this car in the future will most likely pay more for a CSM registered HEP R Signature Edition than they would a standard HEP R and I say that as one of the bigger nay-sayers of the entire SAI operation.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The people who will pay a premium for this car in the future will most likely pay more for a CSM registered HEP R Signature Edition than they would a standard HEP R and I say that as one of the bigger nay-sayers of the entire SAI operation.
If the 2nd generation GT350's that are being modified by Las Vegas follow the same trend of the pre and post title 2nd generation GT500's I am not so sure that I agree with your assessment.

It seems just like yesterday when SA launched the Super Snake Package with the launch year of the 2nd generation GT500's back in 2007 and closely watched a number of my fellow Mustang enthusiasts take their brand new 2007 GT500's and sent them over to Las Vegas for various modifications.

Then just a year later SA launched their 2008 GT500 King of the Road Edition which has an MSRP of $80,000 which was almost double the price of a 2008 Base GT500. :crazy:

Getting back to the Super Snake cars I witnessed first hand what one of my car buddies went through with his 2008 GT500 Super Snake Package after which time he ended up with a total cost of ~$110,000 when all the smoke cleared. :facepalm:

Having watched the resale values over the years for both the pre title and post title modified 2nd generation GT500 vehicles that were modified in Las Vegas such as the Super Snake Package and the 2 year KR Model there is no question in my mind the original owners of these cars did not do very well with respect to their initial investments.

If that same resale pricing trend continues on over to the 2nd generation GT350's which end up in LV then I will have to disagree with your assessment of their future value regardless of their CSM VIN designation.

Having said that let's hope for the sake of all involved that the 2nd generation GT350's that get modified at SA do much better from a resale pricing standpoint than their big brother has done in recent years.

:sunglasses:

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I simply meant that compared to doing that work to the car yourself in the aftermarket and getting 0 return on your aftermarket investment, with the Shelby modifications you will typically hold onto something of your investment. If maximum return is your goal then put that money into the markets, but if you're the kind of person who finds value in the name, there seems to be a number of people down the line who also seem to find some value in the CSM number.
Sponsored