Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I agree they are underrated when compared to the SAE standard based on the trap speeds and dynos I've seen as well. I haven't confirmed this, but I suspect that both Porsche and BMW rate their hp at terrible conditions, i.e., 100F @ 6000' above sea level, so the density altitude is absurdly high. Then, when compared to the SAE standard (which equates to roughly 2000' density altitude IIRC), those engines will obviously make a lot more power.
I like this line of thinking. Seems legit even if it happens by accident.
Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Took an early Sunday morning cruise. As I was pulling out of a side road a beautiful red Audi R8 V10 was on the main road going the same direction as me and we stopped at red light side by side.

I had no intention of drag racing in town, and we both eased down this curvy in town main road until we got to the Interstate. As we merged I lightly hit the throttle and he up ran up on my bumper.

We cruised in and out of traffic (driving sanely) and about 3 miles out the highway opened up and it was clear for over a mile; no traffic. He pulled up along side me.

At 75 we both hit it and my 2018 Procharged GT pulled him from the start until I had him by 2 - 2.5 car lengths by the time we let out. He pulled along side afterwards and gave me the thumbs up.

I was really surprised I could pull an R8 V10 like I did.
im not sure which year R8s put out what numbers but i cant imagine any of them are over 600 bhp or so. id think your procharged '18 probably does at least that or more at the tire. doesnt sound far fetched to pull him pretty good. but sounds like a solid W !! :rockon:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Except that the standard also requires correction to match the standard test conditions :crackup:

Fucking BMW cultists...
But what if it's the car I buy? They do special things to MY car, I just know it! In fact, since we have the same kind of car, your car could also be special! Maybe almost as special as mine but certainly not more of course.

Disclaimer: this post is typed and posted with zero malicious intent towards anyone or anything. All cars matter.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Had to go back to 2012 to find anything that would fit in here.

It was one of the early Optima Challenge events, where the race was called something like "Speed Stop Squared". A short side by side drag race to U-turns (in opposite directions, at least), then through an autocross slalom, and with a requirement to not over-run the stop box.

I made it out of eliminations and sent a heavily modified Pro-Touring Camaro back to paddock and out of further participation in my next to last run. I was closer than expected at the U-turn, and pulled away from him through the slalom and into the stop box.

My car was barely more than stock in any respect (FRPP cold air & tune, Koni yellows, Strano sta-bars, and GT500 wheels with 255/45-18 Goodyear Asymmetric tires. I don't remember which run the picture was taken from, except that it probably wasn't from the run that sent the Camaro packing.

2012_run_to_the_shore_start_stop_squared10a.jpg

Norm

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Very good friend of mine 577 hp GMC 4-71 supercharged 4.56 geared TH400 2 ton 1974 Pontiac LeMans vs my 440ish hp GT 3.73 geared MT82 @ about 500 lbs lighter. From a dig, he won one, I won one. From a roll, he can't touch me ( neither of us spin ).

I like that kind of racing, nobody bitches / complains etc. We just laugh and laugh haha.

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
took me a minute to figure out wtf i actually came across a few days ago. at first from far behind i thought it was a VW sporty sedan of some sort, but didnt recognize it as i got closer. then i saw the badge and didnt recognize it. had a carbon fiber hood and almost looked like a subaru for a minute too. but the exhaust sure as shit let me know it was a v8. i was thoroughly confused. finally figured out what i think it is, this Holden Commodore. i know of Holden, the monaro/GTO, and some of the other holden and GM cars but i had never seen this one. the badge was definitely Holden, and not Chevy SS.

pretty cool guy driving, just cruised a bit and finally had a go at it. pulled on him pretty well but i was more focused on figuring out just what in the hell i came up on. have to admit it looked and sounded really nice in person. same color orange as in the article linked. looked to have aftermarket exhaust, and the brakes were gigantic brembos, not sure if they were factory or aftermarket. car also had a great stance, looked lowered. definitely something you dont see every day!

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...oser-with-reveal-of-new-holden-commodore-ss-v

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Off the light with a Tesla model X (not sure pack/motor) the other day. I didn't launch hard but DANG. Them boys are quick. He let off around 75 MPH. I feel like If we ran to 130 maybe you could come around but I have a slow manual and some regard for public safety. Fun to see those grocery getters move out. Kinda makes me want a Mach E for a daily.

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Careful what you say round' these parts. One thing to talk about the Tesler, but...well...some folks just might not take kindly to your words there, pardner. If you're followin' my meaning.

438116902.jpg
People with issues over the mach E name are old dirt farters who need to get over it. If I was a Ford executive I would have just named it the mach E, not Mustang Mach E but who really cares. Id still like my car if it was called a pinto. I still like a Mach E if it was a "mustang" or a E-scape. Its just marketing. Not why I buy or dont buy a vehicle.

I don't give a hoot who makes it or what they call it. First electric AWD SUV larger than an escape with a 0-60 under 4 seconds, range over 250 miles and price under 50K is getting my moneys. I don't think a mach E is really big enough for me but could make it work.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
24qw5q.jpg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
People with issues over the mach E name are old dirt farters who need to get over it. If I was a Ford executive I would have just named it the mach E, not Mustang Mach E but who really cares. Id still like my car if it was called a pinto. I still like a Mach E if it was a "mustang" or a E-scape. Its just marketing. Not why I buy or dont buy a vehicle.

I don't give a hoot who makes it or what they call it. First electric AWD SUV larger than an escape with a 0-60 under 4 seconds, range over 250 miles and price under 50K is getting my moneys. I don't think a mach E is really big enough for me but could make it work.
That's the point. People who don't care gain nothing. People who do care (mustang enthusiasts) lose albeit mostly nostalgia. Therefor...net loss.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Not a traditional vs but I feel it's worth mentioning. Co worker with a Challenger Hellcat Redeye starts his car (factory exhaust). I start mine like 20 seconds later. He rolls up with window down and says "You're motivating me to get different exhaust on mine". That supercharger whine though....

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Tesla's around here can't catch a race. No ICE vehicles will race them, not even the ICE ones that can beat them. So they're regulated back to grocery getters haha.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Tesla's around here can't catch a race. No ICE vehicles will race them, not even the ICE ones that can beat them. So they're regulated back to grocery getters haha.
That makes me laugh. Just flat out not included hahahah!

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
i havent read through all 53 pages but y is it every old clapped out silverado always trying to race? lol... i usually dont cause my kids in car but damn..it happens almost every time i drive... Tn thing? idk...

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
M2 comp wanted to play from a 30 roll today.. put about 3 cars on him.

19 PP2 6 speed on e85
Sponsored