You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
If that was supposed to be a comeback it was weak at best, pathetic at worst. Unoriginal and lame also comes to mind.

edited to add I have nothing against your but I get tired of people having no response to a legitimate point, so they just insult your ride. I have no problem with the average joe who doesn’t know anything about history or heritage buying a Mach e, I do have a problem with someone who claims to love mustang, like I do I might add, buying one. Of course it’s a free country but that doesn’t mean it isn’t sad.
It’s couldn’t care less.
You, not your.

I’m not even going to talk about the lack of capital letters, or proper punctuation.Point being don’t be a smart ass about grammar, when your’s is no better.

This is not an English 10 online class1, thank god! Don’t be that guy.

Edited to add: I suck at grammar, so don’t be expecting novel quality posts by me. If I’m lucky, I’m a C student in English.

:beer:

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
You, not your.

I’m not even going to talk about the lack of capital letters, or proper punctuation.Point being don’t be a smart ass about grammar, when your’s is no better.

This is not an English 10 online class1, thank god! Don’t be that guy.

Edited to add: I suck at grammar, so don’t be expecting novel quality posts by me. If I’m lucky, I’m a C student in English.

:beer:
Honestly you’re probably better at English than me, I knew you’d hit me with the same thing, it was just too good to pass up.

I stand by my comments about the Mach E it might be my opinion but I think it’s a clean logical line you can draw that says it’s a sad watering down of the mustang name. Now about the Dodge Charger, it is kinda sad it’s a four door now and that’s the reason I didn’t buy one. At least they but a 797 hp engine in it though, if the Mach e had the gt500 engine I still wouldn’t like it but it would sure go a long way.

As for your boat comment I really couldn’t care less. I like big cars, and small women.

Congrats on your new mustang by the way, my brother has a 2020 5.0 that I have driven quite a bit and they are very fun cars.

lol I just posted this and realized it’s written to the wrong guys hahaha. Ah well I’ll leave it as my response anyway. Sorry sir my bad.

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No nameplate that’s had a 88HP/116LB-FT variant is watered down by selling a 346HP/428LB-FT variant.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No nameplate that’s had a 88HP/116LB-FT variant is watered down by selling a 346HP/428LB-FT variant.
It’s not about the power it’s about the purpose and styling of the vehicle. It is 100% watered down in a stylistic and driving sense, that’s not my opinion that’s a fact.

I would much rather drive an EcoBoost mustang than a Mach e gt. If you don’t think this is watered down then you need to see the eye doctor.

AB888D22-30CD-4AB1-A035-79572F41F843.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It’s not about the power it’s about the purpose and styling of the vehicle. It is 100% watered down in a stylistic and driving sense, that’s not my opinion that’s a fact.

I would much rather drive an EcoBoost mustang than a Mach e gt. If you don’t think this is watered down then you need to see the eye doctor.

AB888D22-30CD-4AB1-A035-79572F41F843.jpeg
Which version(s) of the electric Mustang did you drive? Which version(s) of gas Mustangs are you comparing the Electric version when you say it’s watered down?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which version(s) of the electric Mustang did you drive? Which version(s) of gas Mustangs are you comparing the Electric version when you say it’s watered down?
No one has ever driven a production electric mustang, Ford hasn’t made one.

The mustang has had some bad moments mostly in the 70s, but it has always been more or less the same car, a sporty two door. No suv will ever be a mustang to me or millions of others who value uniqueness and heritage.

An Abraham Lincoln quote comes to mind that seems to me to fit the occasion,

“How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn't make it a leg”

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No one has ever driven a production electric mustang, Ford hasn’t made one.

The mustang has had some bad moments mostly in the 70s, but it has always been more or less the same car, a sporty two door. No suv will ever be a mustang to me or millions of others who value uniqueness and heritage.

An Abraham Lincoln quote comes to mind that seems to me to fit the occasion,

“How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn't make it a leg”
And there it is. All these “facts” you’re talking about are your opinion, which aren’t even based on seat time. You can have an opinion, but you can’t “value uniqueness” and deny the Mach e.

Saying a Mustang Mach e isn’t a Mustang doesn’t make it something else.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And there it is. All these “facts” you’re talking about are your opinion, which aren’t even based on seat time. You can have an opinion, but you can’t “value uniqueness” and deny the Mach e.

Saying a Mustang Mach e isn’t a Mustang doesn’t make it something else.
It blows my mind that anyone would defend the mach e as a mustang, that being said I get your point it is a mustang according to ford so that ship has sailed. I really don’t know what seat time has to do with it though, show me a 400 pound dude and I will be able to tell you he can’t win a marathon without him running it.

Everyone seems to agree that the Mach E is a good or at least pretty good car, it’s just not a mustang that’s all.

If ford put the pony badge on a super duty next year would it be a mustang? Serious question.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
It blows my mind that anyone would defend the mach e as a mustang, that being said I get your point it is a mustang according to ford so that ship has sailed. I really don’t know what seat time has to do with it though, show me a 400 pound dude and I will be able to tell you he can’t win a marathon without him running it.

Everyone seems to agree that the Mach E is a good or at least pretty good car, it’s just not a mustang that’s all.

If ford put the pony badge on a super duty next year would it be a mustang? Serious question.
Nope. But if Ford puts a 30 year old car name on a mini pickup, is it really a Maverick? I owned a Maverick as a winter beater when I was younger and it looks nothing like the pickup that replaced it. :wink:

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. But if Ford puts a 30 year old car name on a mini pickup, is it really a Maverick? I owned a Maverick as a winter beater when I was younger and it looks nothing like the pickup that replaced it. :wink:
That’s a fair point but it’s not the same as a car that’s been in continuous production for over 55 years. Also the maverick name is nothing compared to mustang. Bringing a name back after 30 years is just not the same.

We agree that you can’t just put a badge on a truck or car and make it a mustang, I guess I draw that line closer than you do.

Ford themselves were not planning on calling the mach e a mustang until pretty late in the process, if that isn’t damning I don’t know what is. Ford called it mustang to create buzz and sales. They stabbed mustang in that back for $ it’s as simple as that.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
That’s a fair point but it’s not the same as a car that’s been in continuous production for over 55 years. Also the maverick name is nothing compared to mustang. Bringing a name back after 30 years is just not the same.

We agree that you can’t just put a badge on a truck or car and make it a mustang, I guess I draw that line closer than you do.

Ford themselves were not planning on calling the mach e a mustang until pretty late in the process, if that isn’t damning I don’t know what is. Ford called it mustang to create buzz and sales. They stabbed mustang in that back for $ it’s as simple as that.
Hold it, hold it! I liked my white and gray Maverick... It had two rolls of professionally installed duck tape holding the bottom of the door skins so they would not flap when I was driving on the salted Michigan roads.

I paid $75 for the car in the fall and sold it for $90 in the spring, so I made a $15 profit in 6 months!

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I really don’t know what seat time has to do with it though, show me a 400 pound dude and I will be able to tell you he can’t win a marathon without him running it.
I know you don’t. Can anyone win a marathon without running it???

Yes.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know you don’t. Can anyone win a marathon without running it???

Yes.
You missed my point, I was saying I don’t have to see him run and lose to know he can’t win. Poorly written on my part.

As for the super duty thing ok we disagree so let’s leave it at that. I don’t see anything to be gained with further discussion.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hold it, hold it! I liked my white and gray Maverick... It had two rolls of professionally installed duck tape holding the bottom of the door skins so they would not flap when I was driving on the salted Michigan roads.

I paid $75 for the car in the fall and sold it for $90 in the spring, so I made a $15 profit in 6 months!
Haha fun times. I have driven a few rust buckets as well not that bad though.
Sponsored