Sponsored

Snow tires for Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I had this car under-sprayed / rust protected from the dealership which is in AB; they know their snow. I believe block heaters are standard on all cars there too which could explain why mine is coming with one. No complaints here. I live in the GTA and snow can be 3 months here or it can be 5.

As for buying a beater for 2k. I watched a funny tiktok where some guy was like "bought my beater for 5k" and then all the check engine lights and stuff started coming on as he was rolling away. That is the universe talking to ya! Besides, Im in my mid 40s so driving a POS? Not sure that is something I want to do at this stage.

So last night I did research on the 20" rim and damn. They do look sweet. A Steeda 0.5" drop and some 20s for summer? @RKRZ you are very slowly convincing me to rip the rubber off my PP and put the winters on it then order some 20s with Nitto rubber for spring.

The hard part is finding rims with a look that I like :(
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I had this car under-sprayed / rust protected from the dealership which is in AB; they know their snow. I believe block heaters are standard on all cars there too which could explain why mine is coming with one. No complaints here. I live in the GTA and snow can be 3 months here or it can be 5.

As for buying a beater for 2k. I watched a funny tiktok where some guy was like "bought my beater for 5k" and then all the check engine lights and stuff started coming on as he was rolling away. That is the universe talking to ya! Besides, Im in my mid 40s so driving a POS? Not sure that is something I want to do at this stage.

So last night I did research on the 20" rim and damn. They do look sweet. A Steeda 0.5" drop and some 20s for summer? @RKRZ you are very slowly convincing me to rip the rubber off my PP and put the winters on it then order some 20s with Nitto rubber for spring.

Just be aware the ride quality will change a bit. I had 20" wheels on my GT before I sold it and found it to be a harsher ride. The car was lowered with Steeda minimum drop springs and pro active shocks/struts.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Just be aware the ride quality will change a bit. I had 20" wheels on my GT before I sold it and found it to be a harsher ride. The car was lowered with Steeda minimum drop springs and pro active shocks/struts.
Yes sir, that is what my colleague at work said too about his 20" AMG ride. He's running on rubber bands (xxx/30/20) and he said it is rough rough rough.

The problem I'm running into is finding 19s that are nice and wider than the stock :(

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Yes sir, that is what my colleague at work said too about his 20" AMG ride. He's running on rubber bands (xxx/30/20) and he said it is rough rough rough.

The problem I'm running into is finding 19s that are nice and wider than the stock :(
How wide are you looking to go?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.

My, p.o.s. winter beater is a jeep G/C limited, it is loaded and has 85k on it.
It was 2500.00 + the 353.12 Front drive shaft .
Going on year 3, other than oil changes, and wax and fuel. it has cost me nothing and is as loaded as the Fun car. The 5.7 v8 and awd it gets out of it's own way also.
I don't trust today's drivers on snow covered roads, if someone totals the jeep I get a 8900.00 check.
no love loss, and a 6400.00 profit+ 3 years of use.

PONYPWR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is what I did... Snow tires = $1400 with installation and everything. Decently maintained (only semi P.O.S.) 1997 Explorer sport with just over 100K miles / 4x4 = $1100.00. Register non-op for 8 months out of they year. There.... snow tires with the ability to move small appliances! :D and if I crash it? .... meh...

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
Just 9.5 or 10 on the front and 11 on the back.
I'm quite happy with the @ApexRaceParts SM-10 I bought. 10" front 11" rear with Michelin PS4S 285/35/19 F, 305/30/19 R. Just make sure you order at least 4 months before you need them.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'm quite happy with the @ApexRaceParts SM-10 I bought. 10" front 11" rear with Michelin PS4S 285/35/19 F, 305/30/19 R. Just make sure you order at least 4 months before you need them.

Capture.JPG
Those look nice.

I actually ended up deciding to use my stock rims as you did with the Nokian Hakkapeliitta's for winter and then ordered the Steeda Tridents yesterday for summer.

The Trident are 19x10 in the front and 19x11 in the back. Will wrap them with Nitto 555 G2s once they get to the stage beyond pre-order. Looks like they will ship in November.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Those look nice.

I actually ended up deciding to use my stock rims as you did with the Nokian Hakkapeliitta's for winter and then ordered the Steeda Tridents yesterday for summer.

The Trident are 19x10 in the front and 19x11 in the back. Will wrap them with Nitto 555 G2s once they get to the stage beyond pre-order. Looks like they will ship in November.
Just ordered the R3s today. Wow, the supply chain issues extend to tires as well. $352.00 a tire for 255/40/19s?!?!?! Woof. Someone is making bank!

Install date of November 8th so all good on that front too.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Sticker shock indeed. Kal Tire was relatively cheap but it still cost me $1,702 Canadian to have them mounted on the rims and installed on the car.

The good news is when my Steeda summer rims and tires come in I'll just have to swap rims in my driveway.

Attach88330_20211108_104548.jpg
Sponsored