Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The Mach-E outperformed the GT500 in what way? By what measurement?

The measure the OP posted is that the Mach-E only ran one lap session.
If you read the linked article, they posted that the Mach-E topped out at 88mph, and the driver cut off the lap session at 17 minutes due to low charge.
1627066584503.gif
Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
The future is going to be interesting. I'd love to see lap times by sector. I know powerful, heavy AWD cars handle quite different, but some other high HP trucks (Trackhawks, X5, etc) have the capacity to surprise. I'm thinking of CD Lightning Lap.

And of course eventually a proper EV Mustang will appear, but with electrics, in a fastback body style. Maybe an unofficial swap, like what Rich Rebuilds is doing with Teslas.

Mach E on track?

pawahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
You are embarrassing yourself. Your post wouldn't be appropriate conversation at a kindergarden birthday party. Act like a child get treated like one.

tommy303

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Shelby F-150, 1988 T-bird TC
Thank you for the great write-up, OP. I recently received my Mach-E GT and I look forward to tracking it along with my GT-500 as well. I'll be interested to read more of your adventures, please keep them coming!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
We live in the real world. The world we live in is convinced that electric cars are the future. I get it, especially if we had more liberalized government regs on making electric power using fossil fuels which would keep costs lower.

The batteries will be there in a few years, too. Yes love the ICB, but the instant torque of electric cars is undeniable. The way I drive my M1 and most of my other Mustangs, which is for pleasure, not DD, the Mach E does make sense.

Might go for one!

Great write up, OP.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
We live in the real world. The world we live in is convinced that electric cars are the future. I get it, especially if we had more liberalized government regs on making electric power using fossil fuels which would keep costs lower.

The batteries will be there in a few years, too. Yes love the ICB, but the instant torque of electric cars is undeniable. The way I drive my M1 and most of my other Mustangs, which is for pleasure, not DD, the Mach E does make sense.

Might go for one!

Great write up, OP.
was going to post similar. i my initial reaction when i heard of the Mach E was definitely WTF, and why are they doing this? more and more, however, i see that EV may very well take over, maybe sooner than later. while i still, and likely always will, prefer IC cars over electric, it aint up to me, sadly. why not work on keeping interest in the mustang and setting it up for future success instead of failure because people are too stubborn to accept an EV. id rather have an EV mustang around than nothing. i changed my thinking, it's probably beneficial to have both, so those who want the ICE can still have it, and those who dont care about that can help prevent a loss of interest that may lead to the model's ultimate demise. just one opinion though.

all that BS aside, nice write up OP, much appreciated.

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the great write-up, OP. I recently received my Mach-E GT and I look forward to tracking it along with my GT-500 as well. I'll be interested to read more of your adventures, please keep them coming!
Nice to see you here Tommy. I noticed there are quite a few of us (you included) on the Mach-E forum that have GT500's but here on the GT500 forum seems like no-one wants to admit they have a Mach-E except for Terrance (@50 Deep) and I. šŸ˜Š

I really like all the detail work you put into the exterior of your GT500. Very clean.

Last edited:

tommy303

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Shelby F-150, 1988 T-bird TC
Nice to see you here Tommy. I noticed there are quite a few of us (you included) on the Mach-E forum that have GT500's but here on the GT500 forum seems like no-one wants to admit they have a Mach-E except for Terrance (@50 Deep) and I. šŸ˜Š

I really like all the detail work you put into the exterior of your GT500. Very clean.
Thank you, Mark! I took my Mach-E to a national MCA show this past weekend and while many diehard Mustang fans voiced how they dislike the EV having the Mustang's name, most everyone like it for what it is. I parked it near my Shelby and the Mach-E got just as much attention; if not more! :)

240607665_388305526119660_3944431716251875331_n.jpg

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, Mark! I took my Mach-E to a national MCA show this past weekend and while many diehard Mustang fans voiced how they dislike the EV having the Mustang's name, most everyone like it for what it is. I parked it near my Shelby and the Mach-E got just as much attention; if not more! :)

240607665_388305526119660_3944431716251875331_n.jpg
I have yet to have one person in 5 months complain about the fact Ford has the Mach-E under the Mustang brand but I get it. My first car was a '65 Mustang back in 1969 and have been driving them ever since so I can see where some people would have an issue with it.

The only meet I brought both cars to was the Signature Wheels get together that Terrance had at the opening of their Sacramento store. Terrance and i had the only two Mach-E's there but this event was about the wheels. The cars got some attention but not as much as all the ICE Mustangs. However this is not true in a normal day of driving. The Mach-E draws more attention and I've had more people flag me down or come up to me and have me show them the car 10 times more than anyone has ever done with my GT500.

NZ7_5448D1900.jpg

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I have yet to have one person in 5 months complain about the fact Ford has the Mach-E under the Mustang brand but I get it. My first car was a '65 Mustang back in 1969 and have been driving them ever since so I can see where some people would have an issue with it.

The only meet I brought both cars to was the Signature Wheels get together that Terrance had at the opening of their Sacramento store. Terrance and i had the only two Mach-E's there but this event was about the wheels. The cars got some attention but not as much as all the ICE Mustangs. However this is not true in a normal day of driving. The Mach-E draws more attention and I've had more people flag me down or come up to me and have me show them the car 10 times more than anyone has ever done with my GT500.

NZ7_5448D1900.jpg
The sinister low-slung posture and menacing growling of the GT500 says stay back, stay very far away. While the SUV high-profile and virtually silent Mach-E screams for people to come up and ask about it. To put it another way, the Mach-E is Cute-ish, while the GT500 is Brute-ish.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I wonā€™t apologize for my views on the Mach E.

Itā€™s an insult to the mustang name and thatā€™s just a fact. If that makes me a non adult Iā€™m ok with it.

by the way i enjoyed the write up on the GT500 and great pictures!
Says the guy driving a boat

Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Iā€™ve got one. Infinite Blue Premium AWD. Best runaround/commuter car Iā€™ve ever had. It takes the sting out of paying for my GT500ā€™s gas addiction.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Says the guy driving a boat
If that was supposed to be a comeback it was weak at best, pathetic at worst. Unoriginal and lame also comes to mind.

edited to add I have nothing against your but I get tired of people having no response to a legitimate point, so they just insult your ride. I have no problem with the average joe who doesnā€™t know anything about history or heritage buying a Mach e, I do have a problem with someone who claims to love mustang, like I do I might add, buying one. Of course itā€™s a free country but that doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t sad.

Last edited:

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I bought a Mach-E AWD extended range a little while ago. It is my daily driver and is great for the terrible N. VA traffic.

of course, it simply does not compare to my GT500 in any performance area.

Here is a picture of my Mach-E
2EB10307-A8E6-4930-9774-4A82E107EB3D.jpeg

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
If that was supposed to be a comeback it was weak at best, pathetic at worst. Unoriginal and lame also comes to mind.

edited to add I have nothing against your but I get tired of people having no response to a legitimate point, so they just insult your ride. I have no problem with the average joe who doesnā€™t know anything about history or heritage buying a Mach e, I do have a problem with someone who claims to love mustang, like I do I might add, buying one. Of course itā€™s a free country but that doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t sad.
Based on your post you seem to know and live LAME. So my post was pretty much like your post? You made a lame troll of a Mach-E.

Do you feel the same way about Dodge Chargers being 4 doors now? Cause the originals were 2 doors. Do you troll Dodge Charger owners on the Dodge forums telling them how lame their 4 door Chargers are?

opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and yours stinks as bad as the other peoples in your opinion. I've owned Mustangs since my 1st one in 1984. I could careless that the Mach-E is wearing a Mustang badge. I've been in and seen what a Mach-E GT can do. Its impressive.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Based on your post you seem to know and live LAME. So my post was pretty much like your post? You made a lame troll of a Mach-E.

Do you feel the same way about Dodge Chargers being 4 doors now? Cause the originals were 2 doors. Do you troll Dodge Charger owners on the Dodge forums telling them how lame their 4 door Chargers are?

opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and yours stinks as bad as the other peoples in your opinion. I've owned Mustangs since my 1st one in 1984. I could careless that the Mach-E is wearing a Mustang badge. I've been in and seen what a Mach-E GT can do. Its impressive.

Itā€™s couldnā€™t care less.
Sponsored