Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I likey! Love the deep dish. Ford needs to get on the ball like chev and Dodge.
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Let’s see if they have something to fit a PP2

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
What ever happened with the McQueen/Special Service wheels? Were these ever made available to buy?

steedaspecialservice_s550mustang_nittont555g2-17.jpg
No. They decided not to as it would "devalue the uniqueness of the McQueen Edition" to its buyers.
Stay tuned...
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was about the R5 wheels myself. I have been following this situation ever since the Steve McQueen editions came out and the idea of selling the wheels were in the future plans. It had been going back and forth between producing them, and not producing them. Then last year a member said they will be produced. I emailed someone, I believe he's the president of Steeda, and he replied stating the pandemic caused a pause in production. After the New Year they will be accepting orders and he would put me on some list. He even asked me what color I would like them in. I later emailed the same guy in May. He replied that they are in inventory and will make a big announcement after the Memorial Day weekend. Well nothing happened so I emailed again in July for any updates. No response, so I contacted Tim and he said he'd help me out. Then time had passed and thought maybe they're not releasing them. Now someone is saying to stay tuned.
I know it's really nobody's fault, but it's frustrating when someone says "Oh they're coming" and then "No they're not," and vice versa. This is why I haven't gotten any wheels as I am waiting for the R5's. I am just hoping they're not just in the black, but also in some type of polished silver/raw aluminum look. If it's only in black then no fuss, I would just get my second choice, the Carroll Shelby CS-11's in chrome powder. Or maybe I will still get the R5's in whatever finish and have them refinished.
Sorry to place this in here, I'm just venting and hopefully stir the pot a little to get his wheel going too.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was about the R5 wheels myself. I have been following this situation ever since the Steve McQueen editions came out and the idea of selling the wheels were in the future plans. It had been going back and forth between producing them, and not producing them. Then last year a member said they will be produced. I emailed someone, I believe he's the president of Steeda, and he replied stating the pandemic caused a pause in production. After the New Year they will be accepting orders and he would put me on some list. He even asked me what color I would like them in. I later emailed the same guy in May. He replied that they are in inventory and will make a big announcement after the Memorial Day weekend. Well nothing happened so I emailed again in July for any updates. No response, so I contacted Tim and he said he'd help me out. Then time had passed and thought maybe they're not releasing them. Now someone is saying to stay tuned.
I know it's really nobody's fault, but it's frustrating when someone says "Oh they're coming" and then "No they're not," and vice versa. This is why I haven't gotten any wheels as I am waiting for the R5's. I am just hoping they're not just in the black, but also in some type of polished silver/raw aluminum look. If it's only in black then no fuss, I would just get my second choice, the Carroll Shelby CS-11's in chrome powder. Or maybe I will still get the R5's in whatever finish and have them refinished.
Sorry to place this in here, I'm just venting and hopefully stir the pot a little to get his wheel going too.
This exactly it was that they are making them, then it was that it was McQueen edition only, then when I pushed more on it I got NO REPLY AT ALL. Now its a "weird face?

How about Steeds gets their F'n message together and make a proper statement? I'm tired of this bullshit. Its fucking unprofessional and childish. I'd expect this type of back and forth from some recent start up or a shady shop. Not a well-established company. If one of my works vendors were this unclear on messaging, I'd tell them to eF off and go to another vendor.

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Thanks for sharing your experience with the R5's!

They were the original wheels I wanted after I got my car and am bummed that they never got released. IMO they are one of the better proportioned 5 spokes for the S550 platform.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I get the frustration. Not really actually. Im sure your aware of the state of the world at the present moment. Nothing that is production related is going any where in the direction of normalcy. That’s just the cold reality currently. I think its complete bs to think any endeavor such as a wheel line is remotely easy to pull off. My hats off to them for even trying. Keeping it sustainable will be a challenge. Any one that thinks different I encourage you to go out and demonstrate how to do it better. Sorry for the rant, but us as performqance enthusiasts have gotten really spoiled with the wide range of products at our disposal and for the most part readily available very quickly.

This exactly it was that they are making them, then it was that it was McQueen edition only, then when I pushed more on it I got NO REPLY AT ALL. Now its a "weird face?

How about Steeds gets their F'n message together and make a proper statement? I'm tired of this bullshit. Its fucking unprofessional and childish. I'd expect this type of back and forth from some recent start up or a shady shop. Not a well-established company. If one of my works vendors were this unclear on messaging, I'd tell them to eF off and go to another vendor.

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Any thought on making a real heritage wheel for the Mach 1? The one Ford made is a pretty ugly representation in my opinion, The built wheel looks great

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I get the frustration. Not really actually. Im sure your aware of the state of the world at the present moment. Nothing that is production related is going any where in the direction of normalcy. That’s just the cold reality currently. I think its complete bs to think any endeavor such as a wheel line is remotely easy to pull off. My hats off to them for even trying. Keeping it sustainable will be a challenge. Any one that thinks different I encourage you to go out and demonstrate how to do it better. Sorry for the rant, but us as performqance enthusiasts have gotten really spoiled with the wide range of products at our disposal and for the most part readily available very quickly.
This flop flop on messaging has been going on for like a year well before the pandemic. At NO point did they even say "sorry its delayed do to X". Infact the piss poor messaging has been going on since before the McQueen edition was even starting to be sold (2018!!).

So no.. NO excuses.

In 2018 they were for anyone, in 2019 they were McQueen Edition ONLY, then few months later they WOULD sell them, then later they would ONLY sell them in the color the Service Car had, which is a grey.

At no point has ANYONE from Steeda(here or on FB when asked) addressed if they are canceled, delayed, or just not happening. In fact Steeda loves to slightly change the message each time. It's why so many people have given up waiting on them. No one expects to ever see them.

They have been "coming" for nearly 3 years now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I know we are in the dog days of summer but why does every post have to turn into a bitch session? A valued forum sponsor posts about an exciting new releases and all some of you can do is complain about how one wheel was released. OK, I get it, some of you really wanted it. But it didn't happen, at least in the past, so get over it. There may have been some good behind the scenes reasons for why it didn't happen. And they may have been good reasons for why Steeda could not be forthcoming about. Time to move on. Or, at least wait until 9/7. :giggle: :like:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I know we are in the dog days of summer but why does every post have to turn into a bitch session? A valued forum sponsor posts about an exciting new releases and all some of you can do is complain about how one wheel was released. OK, I get it, some of you really wanted it. But it didn't happen, at least in the past, so get over it....

Time to move on.
For reals.

To echo another forum member's statement, some people have no idea the amount of time, skill and money it takes to bring a product to the market. The current domestic and international shipping crisis that has been going on forever isn't helping either.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I know we are in the dog days of summer but why does every post have to turn into a bitch session? A valued forum sponsor posts about an exciting new releases and all some of you can do is complain about how one wheel was released. OK, I get it, some of you really wanted it. But it didn't happen, at least in the past, so get over it. There may have been some good behind the scenes reasons for why it didn't happen. And they may have been good reasons for why Steeda could not be forthcoming about. Time to move on. Or, at least wait until 9/7. :giggle: :like:
The problem is they refuse to say it IS or is NOT happening, they just give stupid emoji's or non-answers. There is NO reason they could not have said at ANY point:

Hey guys sorry it's getting delayed. <-- acceptable answer
Hey guys sorry this is canceled. <-- acceptable answer
Hey guys we have no ETA but do still plan to produce these. <--acceptable answer

We get non-answers, question avoidance, conflicting answers and emoji <-- NOT acceptable answers.

I like Steeda. I have their parts on my car for a reason. What I DONT get is their responses/lack of clarity around the McQueen wheels. They obviously have production if they are able to produce the McQueen Edition cars. Yet have sold 0 sets to the public.

There have been many threads about WTF the deal is with these in the Bullitt section and NEVER has a proper/clear answer been given. The closest we've gotten to one was like mid 2019 and its been non-answers since. It feels like Steeda themselves have no idea what the answer is.

If they can't properly answer questions about a wheel announced in late-2018, why should I expect more for this wheel?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The problem is they refuse to say it IS or is NOT happening, they just give stupid emoji's or non-answers. There is NO reason they could not have said at ANY point:

Hey guys sorry it's getting delayed. <-- acceptable answer
Hey guys sorry this is canceled. <-- acceptable answer
Hey guys we have no ETA but do still plan to produce these. <--acceptable answer

We get non-answers, question avoidance, conflicting answers and emoji <-- NOT acceptable answers.

I like Steeda. I have their parts on my car for a reason. What I DONT get is their responses/lack of clarity around the McQueen wheels. They obviously have production if they are able to produce the McQueen Edition cars. Yet have sold 0 sets to the public.

There have been many threads about WTF the deal is with these in the Bullitt section and NEVER has a proper/clear answer been given. The closest we've gotten to one was like mid 2019 and its been non-answers since. It feels like Steeda themselves have no idea what the answer is.

If they can't properly answer questions about a wheel announced in late-2018, why should I expect more for this wheel?
I understand your frustration but I do not agree that this was the thread to vent it. As you said this issue goes back three years. No need to rehash it here. Why don't we table this part of the discussion for now and wait for 9/7 to see what Steeda comes up with.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I understand your frustration but I do not agree that this was the thread to vent it. As you said this issue goes back three years. No need to rehash it here. Why don't we table this part of the discussion for now and wait for 9/7 to see what Steeda comes up with.
Because someone asked about it prior to me, and they yet again, gave a non-answer/emoji as their reply about it as their only reply about it.
Sponsored