My factory order was cancelled by Ford

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
I ordered a GT during the last week of April using a dealer alotment, I was told approx 12 weeks until delivery. No news, no vin, nothing other than order pending since then. Finally spoke with the sales manager last week and was informed that my and another customer's order was cancelled by Ford. Now I'm reading elsewhere in this forum that others that have ordered after April (mostly U.S. I beleive) and have either recieved their car or have a build/delivery date.

Any idea what's going on guys? I called Ford Canada directly and that was nothing but a waste of time.
Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Did he say why it was cancelled? Sorry to hear that.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Did the dealer ever show you that they had "input" the order with Ford and received the accepted notification? I've heard of dealers that state they have allotments....when they might really not have them or they used the allotment for someone else's order.

OP
OP
Rob911

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
Did he say why it was cancelled? Sorry to hear that.
The sales manager told me that all mustang GT orders were cancelled but did not provide any additional details (if this was for the dealer, the region the country or the model/trim etc). I called Ford Canada and they confirmed that they cancelled the order but would not say excactly why...

I've since learned through this forum that this not the case everywhere. I might call them back to ask specifics.

OP
OP
Rob911

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
Did the dealer ever show you that they had "input" the order with Ford and received the accepted notification? I've heard of dealers that state they have allotments....when they might really not have them or they used the allotment for someone else's order.
They gave me a ford preview order sheet with my build specs, it contained pricing and some order related information: order code = L800, priority code = 19, and price level + 115 etc. And in a couple conversation since then the dealer reassured me that they had a allotment which they used in April and that it was submitted properly.

My saleman mentioned back in early June that it was in "order processing - unscheduled clean".

Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Man....i'm really sorry to hear that your order got cancelled =(

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
There are all sorts of "Retail" GT orders being delivered to dealers. Yours would have been a "Special Order" and would of had priority over the Retail orders...something isn't right...

OP
OP
Rob911

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
Finnaly got word back from dealer... bad news, my April 2021 order is still cancelled, good news, same deal will be applied to a 2022 and they are putting it in writing. Should have delivery mid-winter.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Finnaly got word back from dealer... bad news, my April 2021 order is still cancelled, good news, same deal will be applied to a 2022 and they are putting it in writing. Should have delivery mid-winter.

That makes sense .... end of production year.

As to special orders come first, not what my experience found.

As I understand, Ford will run models in batches, low end (base) largest first, makes good business sense .

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
What province are you in, Rob? The Calgary dealerships seem to have a healthy stock of GTs.