Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Why is it that some of us always find the negative in anything Ford does? Ford is not a wheel/rim manufacturer, they are a car manufacturer. Even with that said they make 9 different wheels/rims available for the EB & GT. And another 3 for the M1 for an even dozen. That's not enough? How about the four zillion models offered by the aftermarket.

Ford may be many things but stupid isn't one of them. They know that wheels/rims are the #1 aftermarket mod for Mustangs. Why do they need more than 12 factory wheels/rims?

By the way, why don't you send an email to Mark Kaski and tell him your thoughts.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/12/h...ng-mach-1-handling-package-wheels-so-special/
I've literally called them out on it on the FP IG and twitter. Doesnt change my opinion.
Sponsored

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
For those that forgot, 2017 was the only year of the S550’s that offered white platinum metallic exterior paint. Mine is a 2017 GT Premium convertible, white platinum metallic with ceramic interior. The only option missing is adaptive cruise, which I truly miss. It has been a real garage queen and is still under 12,000 miles. However, I may trade for another loaded star white metallic GT Premium convertible with ceramic interior in the future, if it is offered.
To an earlier question, YES, you do have to regularly keep cleaning the blue jean stains from the ceramic seat bottoms and backs.

F1241840-969E-4ED7-A03D-41957E2C46EB.jpeg

0E18306E-CD29-4FE3-9A1F-9C8F73F0288C.jpeg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
However, I may trade for another loaded star white metallic GT Premium convertible with ceramic interior in the future, if it is offered.
To an earlier question, YES, you do have to regularly keep cleaning the blue jean stains from the ceramic seat bottoms and backs.
It's truly doubtful that Ford will do Star White on the Mustang. This new edition would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce it, since they do use it on the Mach-E Ice edition. But they didn't and stuck with Oxford.

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
It's truly doubtful that Ford will do Star White on the Mustang. This new edition would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce it, since they do use it on the Mach-E Ice edition. But they didn't and stuck with Oxford.
Oxford white is much better than the old Wimbledon white, but a metallic white really “pops” in the sun after a ceramic wax job!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Oxford white is much better than the old Wimbledon white, but a metallic white really “pops” in the sun after a ceramic wax job!
Oxfords been on about everything Fords made since the 90's. I think the only other longest running color is Ebony Black. I'd love to have Wimbledon back again. I'd also love to have a new take on black.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I’m not seeing the “unique iced-out taillamps” in the pics.
Am I not noticing something?

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Oxfords been on about everything Fords made since the 90's. I think the only other longest running color is Ebony Black. I'd love to have Wimbledon back again. I'd also love to have a new take on black.
I had several of the early classic mustangs with Wimbledon white. It never measured up to the brightness of GM’s Polar white.
Just my personal preference!

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Did I mis-read the press-release or did others mis-read it? I am confused.

I read that the ICE Mustangs will be Oxford white, and the ICE Mach-E's will be star-white.
I am reading people saying something to the effect of how star-white on a S550 will be great...

This looks like they just went back to the 50th anniversary edition "designers" and asked them to just coat as much parts as white...

That being said, if Ford really wanted to create a collectable, they should have done 100% white (all white leather, white steering wheel/airbags, etc...). This doesn't look any different than something that one can make by purchasing an oxford white S550 and slapping on 50th AE wheels powder-coated white, and going to town on trim pieces with a can of white spray paint.

Oh and the euro tailights (which is something that has already been done by folks here).

I don't get it...

Sponsored

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
For those that forgot, 2017 was the only year of the S550’s that offered white platinum metallic exterior paint. Mine is a 2017 GT Premium convertible, white platinum metallic with ceramic interior. The only option missing is adaptive cruise, which I truly miss. It has been a real garage queen and is still under 12,000 miles. However, I may trade for another loaded star white metallic GT Premium convertible with ceramic interior in the future, if it is offered.

F1241840-969E-4ED7-A03D-41957E2C46EB.jpeg
That is a sweet looking car. We got the black out package on our 20 GT because I preferred the 19" wheel design over the standard GT wheels and it was only a $350 option. But I would have preferred a dark metallic color like yours. Alas, nothing was offered. I also wish they were just a little wider. The wide stance makes the tires look too narrow from the rear, even with the 255's.

IMG_E6880_LI.jpg

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Try a little harder please Ford. Maybe a white interior trim package replacing all chrome/fake aluminium trim with piano white. White badges, white wall tyres, white wheel arch liners etc ;)
this. Times 1000. So much wasted potential.Come in Ford. If your going to do it, then freaking do it. No more halfway crap.

loving the white everything. Then they blow it on the interior.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Why is it that some of us always find the negative in anything Ford does? Ford is not a wheel/rim manufacturer, they are a car manufacturer. Even with that said they make 9 different wheels/rims available for the EB & GT. And another 3 for the M1 for an even dozen. That's not enough? How about the four zillion models offered by the aftermarket.

Ford may be many things but stupid isn't one of them. They know that wheels/rims are the #1 aftermarket mod for Mustangs. Why do they need more than 12 factory wheels/rims?

By the way, why don't you send an email to Mark Kaski and tell him your thoughts.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/12/h...ng-mach-1-handling-package-wheels-so-special/
Huh? Ford IS definitely a wheel manufacturer. It is a big style point on factory cars. They may not make all of their wheels (I. E. Carbon fiber) but they do design snd manufacture a variety of wheel styles snd have for a long time.

people aren’t criticizing Ford unjustly.
for some reason, Ford spends serious effort on vehicle style with focus RS, MACH E SUV, etc. but when it comes to the actual Mustang, they go halfway and just figure folks will buy it anyway. It’s a legit bummer when you see other Ford cars as well as competitors really aiming for home runs.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So, when is the Woodward Dream Cruise taking place ? I hope someone hear attends the cruise and gives his or her opinion of the White Ice Mustang if it is at the cruise.
Sponsored