Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
What is a Veloster? (and don't say an abomination) What about the Mazda RX8?
Veloster = 3 door hatchback.

RX8 (my wife owned one - pretty fun but under-powered) - I'd call it a coupe since its back doors are tiny and there's no b-pillar. You can only open them if the front doors are open. Not like a traditional 4-door car.

Last edited:

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I like the way it looks. I actually thought the 370Z looked cool, but only on the outside. The 370 interior looked like a tasteless teenage nerd designed it. That's the only reason the Z was a "hard no" on my shopping list. The new Z interior looks good enough in pictures anyway.

So, fast-forward to 2023... and if I was still shopping, I'd probably favor the Z over the Supra. Will I trade the Mustang for one? Nah.

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
While Nissan always delivers a good car for the money I've never been attracted to them. If it's not an Infinity or a Z car it's butt ugly in my opinion.

I prefer Fords and Toyotas...

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I thought the abomination Veloster had 3 doors, two on the passenger's side & one on the driver's side....?????
Ha; I never knew nor cared enough I guess to know it has a 3rd passenger door. Either way, it’s still a hatchback. I’ll amend my post to say “3” door hatchback.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
While Nissan always delivers a good car for the money I've never been attracted to them. If it's not an Infinity or a Z car it's butt ugly in my opinion.

I prefer Fords and Toyotas...
Around my area its that both INFINITI dealers are owned by the same people and they have done totally shit quality work for me in the past and even damaged my car while in their care and the shop manager didnt give a shit.

Sponsored

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Around my area its that both INFINITI dealers are owned by the same people and they have done totally shit quality work for me in the past and even damaged my car while in their care and the shop manager didnt give a shit.
Yeah.... Our Infinity dealership was recently bought out by our Nissan dealership and moved next door to the Nissan dealership. I don't really know anyone personally that has talked about service on their Infinity but I guess I'll be hearing soon. We have several Ford dealerships and Toyota dealerships within a 50 mile radius here and they're all pretty good.

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai makes some very innovative cars with very stylish looks and lots of cool features but all I hear from Hyundai owners is problems with reliability and service.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/hyundai-veloster-the-problems-owners-complain-about-most/

I think Kia is even worse than Hyundai and I steer clear of all the Korean junk if possible. I've heard several nightmare stories about catastrophic Kia engine failures from people I know taking months to resolve.

Nissan is reportedly pulling out of their Chinese based manufacturing facilities but we'll see...

Oxford19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0GT PP
If this has the same 6sp as the 370 I had, I would plan on replacing the CSC right from the get go. I get warranties and all but putting the same high failure part back doesn’t help. Also 370s had heat management issues(oil) when pushed hard, so hopefully that won’t crop up with a tried engine being put into the chassis. They called then 360Z’s at track events so hopefully the geometry is tweaked. Even putting that all aside, the front view I can’t get past, hopefully NISMO looks better.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yeah.... Our Infinity dealership was recently bought out by our Nissan dealership and moved next door to the Nissan dealership. I don't really know anyone personally that has talked about service on their Infinity but I guess I'll be hearing soon. We have several Ford dealerships and Toyota dealerships within a 50 mile radius here and they're all pretty good.
The irony is the local Nissan is AMAZING when I had one. it was why I moved to Infiniti.