Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Which makes it even less of a special edition since Oxford White is a regularly available color on Mustang and Star White is a regularly available color on Mach-E.
but you're forgetting that 'Ford people will buy anything'.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Ford: what are we going to do with all this fleet white paint?
Product manager: we can make a special white mustang and add some white interior bits, and tada.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ford: what are we going to do with all this fleet white paint?
Product manager: we can make a special white mustang and add some white interior bits, and tada.
OK, go to work already. White cars rule. And they are easy to keep clean. :crackup:

64FE5778-2840-4054-8CEF-8CA9143B5301.jpeg

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The elephant in the room is the white wheels. Whether you dig the look of white wheels or not is irrelevant, because unless you plan on never driving (or stopping) they'll never look the way they do in the photos, especially on any PP1 or Brembo upgraded variant.

Unless you just enjoy cleaning wheels, white wheels is an idea that briefs better on paper than it does in reality.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The elephant in the room is the white wheels. Whether you dig the look of white wheels or not is irrelevant, because unless you plan on never driving (or stopping) they'll never look the way they do in the photos, especially on any PP1 or Brembo upgraded variant.

Unless you just enjoy cleaning wheels, white wheels is an idea that briefs better on paper than it does in reality.
Just get them ceramic coated and be done with it. The same as any light colored wheel.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
After looking at it again, it's difficult to see if those are bright aluminum finish or white. They look AL in one photo but white in the other.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my metalic gold ones are filthy in 200 miles of decent driving (actually using brakes, not droning pointlessly down Interstate). I have set of new white 19x9.5 wheels I got the other day. I guess this will be the first set I try ceramic coating or something of that ilk.

Motegi_Racing_MR126_White_angle.jpg

White seats are fine if the OUTSIDE of the seat is white with a dark color (chocolate, blue, black) is the wear surface. What were they thinking?

Last edited:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just get them ceramic coated and be done with it. The same as any light colored wheel.
It helps, but doesn't eliminate the problem. It helps to prevent AS MUCH from sticking, but on white, ANY amount of brake dust is gonna make them look dirty. And they clean easier, but you STILL have to clean them, quite frequently.

On darker wheels, ceramic coating means less intense cleaning and less often. On white wheels, it just means less intense cleaning, but you'll still be cleaning all the time. And again, the issue amplifies if you have any sort of performance brakes/pads.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
White seats are fine if the OUTSIDE of the seat is white with a dark color (chocolate, blue, black) is the wear surface. What were they thinking?
Matt, when was the last time you saw the lighter color on the outside?

1629462724653.png

1629462759833.png

I had a car with a full white interior once. Keeping the side bolsters clean took twice as much work as the seat panels themselves.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It helps, but doesn't eliminate the problem. It helps to prevent AS MUCH from sticking, but on white, ANY amount of brake dust is gonna make them look dirty. And they clean easier, but you STILL have to clean them, quite frequently.

On darker wheels, ceramic coating means less intense cleaning and less often. On white wheels, it just means less intense cleaning, but you'll still be cleaning all the time. And again, the issue amplifies if you have any sort of performance brakes/pads.
I'm sorry, but so what? It's like trying to keep a black car clean for more than 30 seconds. If they get dirty, clean them. Or just don't get them. It's not an elephant, it's a choice.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Matt, when was the last time you saw the lighter color on the outside?

1629462759833.png

I had a car with a full white interior once. Keeping the side bolsters clean took twice as much work as the seat panels themselves.
invert the black and white is how it should look. except keep the headrest black.
I eat my oreo cookies inside out. So it's natural.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm sorry, but so what? It's like trying to keep a black car clean for more than 30 seconds. If they get dirty, clean them. Or just don't get them. It's not an elephant, it's a choice.
I like your second recommendation, which is why white colored wheels are rare. Few people are unwise enough and the few that do it quickly realize afterward why you don't see many white wheels around.

The rest of the car is whatevs whether your taste or not, but like them or not, white wheels makes about as much sense as a white carpet. Looks great, until it doesn't, which is most of the time.

As far as black paint goes, I think everyone would agree with you, but it's not to the extent you'd see with wheels. Which is why you see more black paint cars than white wheels.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
This has to be making you black wheeled worshipers puke. 🤣
first thing i was thinking is while it has those special wheels, which i kind of like, if you want to go with wide tires, you're looking at new wheels, which kind of defeats the purpose. then again, i generally dont buy mustangs with the intention of not modifying them to my taste, but that's certainly not the case with everyone. i have the black PP1 wheels on my white '19 and while i love the black and white contrast, you see it so often and id kind of like something different that not everyone has.

i really dig the two tone seats though.
Sponsored