Sponsored

Nissan's "new" Z/Z400

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
400 hp. Anybody know the weight?

At least they didn’t phone it in like Toyota.

6 speed will be fun with that engine.

Looks halfway decent. I grew up in the 80s/90s so it looks very familiar to me.

Price is good too. If they keep the weight in check I could see it giving the 6 speed GT a run for it’s money.
If they keep the weight down, it may be a driver race with a GT, but a simple $400 4PSI booster will have it with about 20WHP less than a GT but about 50wTQ more. In a car thats maybe 400lbs less, that a nice gain off the line.
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You actually use the back seats in your mustang? For people? I consider mine a 2 seater.
Haha, I actually have 2 car seats in mine. The kids fit just fine in there.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I actually really really like it. I will be checking them out. In person sometimes cars look better and sometimes not much. But Twin turbo 6 and a manual, rear wheel driver. I bet it is fun as hell to drive.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I actually really really like it. I will be checking them out. In person sometimes cars look better and sometimes not much. But Twin turbo 6 and a manual, rear wheel driver. I bet it is fun as hell to drive.
I really liked the engine in my Q50 Redsport, I only got rid of it because I had 0 faith in the local Infiniti dealer because the car always came back only PARTLY fixed(only had center stack media problems). That said it was really lacking top end. It platoed quickly. I wonder if they addressed that. Made going from light to light and highway driving fun, but only if you were in your mid range or down low. Anything in the upper RPM was just, meh.

Also the exhasut note does NOT sound very good, even with an exhaust, the 3.5 and 3.7 sound WORLDS better.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
An observation for consideration: there is a Mustang for everyone. EB, V8, Shelby, convertible, coupe. Even stripped down basic cars look nearly identical to loaded GTs. While it is competitor in some cases to the new Z car, for other people maybe they won't even consider the Z car. Many Mustangs as rental cars show people they can really enjoy them, and this is why I purchased mine after having an EB A10 convertible for a week.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
What I'm really interested in the new Z is if they will make others options like with the 300HP version of the VR30, or a version of the 250hp 2.0T. Both could make for some fun entry level RWD cars. Also i believe the platform supports AWD, so that's a future possibility in a NISMO version. Not a lot of fun AWD coupes around. If any.

Last I looked the ONLY NISMO parts for the Q50/60 was a axle back muffler, upgraded intercooler and a pair of intakes.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
That's a 4 door.

The 4 door AWD TT v6 in the 300-400 HP range is FLOODED right now.
STi, M440i, M340i, CT4 V, CT5 V, Q50 S, Q50 RS, MB has an option, Acura TLX Type-S, Stinger GT, Genesis G70, Gulia ALMOST fits but its 280hp.

The ONLY AWD Coupe I know of is the Q60, S5, maybe 1 from MB and 1 from BMW.

Out of all of those ONLY the STI is manual.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
coupe
[ koop ]SHOW IPA

noun
A closed, two-door car shorter than a sedan of the same model.

A 4-door will never be a coupe. Ever. No matter how good a marketer you are.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
'coupe' doesn't mean 2-door anymore. :) There are almost no 2 door cars left.
Yes it does. The German car companies are calling everything with a swoopy back end a coupe regardless of # of doors. But in reality they are fastbacks, not coupes. A coupe by definition has two doors.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Yes it does. The German car companies are calling everything with a swoopy back end a coupe regardless of # of doors. But in reality they are fastbacks, not coupes. A coupe by definition has two doors.
What is a Veloster? (and don't say an abomination) What about the Mazda RX8?
Sponsored