Sponsored

Is this a real Bullitt??

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think we has already determined that this car started life as a Bullitt. Then the car had a ton of its original parts removed (stolen?) and replaced with regular GT parts. The scumbag of a dealer is then trying to pass this abomination of a car off as a complete Bullitt. Time to move on. :like:
Stop saying this. Some people think it started as a Bullitt, I'm not convinced. I also think it's highly unlikely that a thief steals the digital dash and front Brembo brakes from a Bullitt. Why would the owner replace the front Brembos with regular GT brakes? There's more wrong with this than right. Wrong seats (front and back), wrong shifter, wrong gauge cluster, wrong wheels, wrong brakes. it's also missing the chrome shifter surround and the trim in the door, the strut tower brace, and the aesthetic pieces on both sides of the intake manifold. The rear seats aren't even from a 2018+ GT.

The only other thing I can think of is it could be a salvage title that somehow wasn't reported, and it got fixed back up from used GT parts as cheaply as possible. Possibly destroyed in a flood. I wonder what it looks like under the carpet...
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Stop saying this. Some people think it started as a Bullitt, I'm not convinced. I also think it's highly unlikely that a thief steals the digital dash and front Brembo brakes from a Bullitt. Why would the owner replace the front Brembos with regular GT brakes? There's more wrong with this than right. Wrong seats (front and back), wrong shifter, wrong gauge cluster, wrong wheels, wrong brakes. it's also missing the chrome shifter surround and the trim in the door, the strut tower brace, and the aesthetic pieces on both sides of the intake manifold. The rear seats aren't even from a 2018+ GT.

The only other thing I can think of is it could be a salvage title that somehow wasn't reported, and it got fixed back up from used GT parts as cheaply as possible. Possibly destroyed in a flood. I wonder what it looks like under the carpet...
OK, let’s see if I have this right. You think this could have been a regular GT that was salvaged and that someone took the time and money to replace the front grill, side window moldings, trunk panel, dash panel and last but not least the airbag from a Bullitt.

On top of that, the listed VIN belongs to a Bullitt. So no, I will not stop saying it because based on what I see, it’s a Bullitt.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
The cars in terrible condition. The dash has marker markings on it. Its most likely a real terribly taken care of Bullit. Rear calipers are red. He probably painted the. Front. Looks horrible. Who wants a black Bullit?.

Last edited:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
OK, let’s see if I have this right. You think this could have been a regular GT that was salvaged and that someone took the time and money to replace the front grill, side window moldings, trunk panel, dash panel and last but not least the airbag from a Bullitt.

On top of that, the listed VIN belongs to a Bullitt. So no, I will not stop saying it because based on what I see, it’s a Bullitt.
Possibly - to make it look like a Bullitt, then give it a fake VIN to sell it for more $ than a base GT. Your question could be asked the other way as well - i.e.: You think someone thought they'd replace the front Bullitt Brembos with regular GT brakes and the digital dash with analog gauges? It's easier to replace the cosmetic things you mention than the digital dash and Brembo brakes. The trunk deck is the same, just without spoiler. The molding is also pretty easy. So it's essentially replacing some badges, molding, and screw in grille pieces. The interior trim piece basically just snaps in. The air bag could just be a cover, and not the entire steering wheel, though the steering wheel is missing the pony button as well so it looks like someone replaced the steering wheel with a regular GT steering wheel as well, but with a Bullitt cover.

All of those aesthetic things are relatively easy to replace. And many people add the Gen 3 Coyote performance pack for the power, so that could easily have been swapped previously and explain the GT350 intake and CAI.

Not to mention everything else I listed that is wrong with the car, that I don't think we can yet say definitely this is a real Bullitt.

I'm not saying it isn't a Bullitt, but I'm still not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt. The VINs could be faked, too many pieces are wrong with it than are right with it (for it to be a Bullitt).

Sponsored

Ritwik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ritwik
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP2
Could it be a case of mistaken identity ? Dealer has legit Bullit. Dealer also has GT that's trying to look like a Bullit. The person in charge of putting up the pictures messed up and loaded the GT pics along with the Bullit vin. Think about it - it's not very difficult for average person to get confused especially if they don't live and breathe Mustangs every day. The reason why I feel this is a plausible theory is that the same dealer has also advertised on a separate website with the correct Bullit pictures: https://www.carindigo.com/used-cars#vin=1FA6P8K07K5502498

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Who wants a black Bullit?
The person that bought it.
Could it be a case of mistaken identity?
Highly doubt it as the pictures in the link you attached are from a different dealer. Maybe it is the same car and it got jacked sometime between the first pics were taken and the time the last dealer got the car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The bigger question is, who bought that clapped out POS?

The B-pillar VCL VIN is Bullitt.

Attached is the original listed Montclair Advertisement converted to PDF for posterity. Also the Manheim Auction and Caridingo sites are attached as PDFs. This way any future reference to the VIN 1FA6P8K07K5502498 will pull this thread with the reference materials.

Attachments

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Somebody pulled all those Bullitt specific parts before the insurance company could flip it. The person will probably show up on here. Hey dude, don't mean to freak you out...we aren't stalkers or anything but...you kinda got ripped off.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Somebody pulled all those Bullitt specific parts before the insurance company could flip it. The person will probably show up on here. Hey dude, don't mean to freak you out...we aren't stalkers or anything but...you kinda got ripped off.
The thread title is going to be, “I just bought a Bullitt, I think“?

Sponsored

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Thant CARFAX shows a LOT of trips to the dealership.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
May have been a demo as it accumulated mileage before being titled.
Sponsored