2018 Royal Crimson F1A94 Procharged, TH400 Drag Project

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@turnswrench, which trans brake and 2 step steering wheel buttons are you using? Did you have to change to an automatic steering wheel to install them? I was looking at the ones from Motion Raceworks and the description said they only work with auto steering wheels. If you’re still using your original steering wheel, would you please post some pics of the backside, so that I can see how they’re mounted? We’re they a PITA to install? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
@turnswrench, which trans brake and 2 step steering wheel buttons are you using? Did you have to change to an automatic steering wheel to install them? I was looking at the ones from Motion Raceworks and the description said they only work with auto steering wheels. If you’re still using your original steering wheel, would you please post some pics of the backside, so that I can see how they’re mounted? We’re they a PITA to install? Thanks
You do need a steering wheel that has paddle shifters, like the OEM auto steering wheel configuration. I still have my factory auto steering wheel setup. I use the Motion Raceworks buttons and button mounts. They attach to the paddle shifter mounting point.

1. Disconnect battery.
2. Remove the airbag using an allen key through both sides of the steering wheel near the paddles. You'll see a small hole to accomplish this. When you put in the allen key, you'll feel it spring back a little. You need to push hard enough to overcome that spring tension to release the airbag.
3. Once the airbag is out of the way, remove the two screws holding in the steering wheel controls. With the screws out, you can pull from the center of the steering wheel, up and out on the control to remove it.
4. With the steering wheel control out of the way, behind it is the screw that holds on the paddle shifter. This is the hardware you use to mount the Motion steering wheel button mount. It slides in right in front of the paddle.

Inkedmotionraceworksbutton.1_LI.jpg

1628304208122.png

1628304232125.png

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
You do need a steering wheel that has paddle shifters, like the OEM auto steering wheel configuration. I still have my factory auto steering wheel setup. I use the Motion Raceworks buttons and button mounts. They attach to the paddle shifter mounting point.

1. Disconnect battery.
2. Remove the airbag using an allen key through both sides of the steering wheel near the paddles. You'll see a small hole to accomplish this. When you put in the allen key, you'll feel it spring back a little. You need to push hard enough to overcome that spring tension to release the airbag.
3. Once the airbag is out of the way, remove the two screws holding in the steering wheel controls. With the screws out, you can pull from the center of the steering wheel, up and out on the control to remove it.
4. With the steering wheel control out of the way, behind it is the screw that holds on the paddle shifter. This is the hardware you use to mount the Motion steering wheel button mount. It slides in right in front of the paddle.

Inkedmotionraceworksbutton.1_LI.jpg

1628304208122.png

1628304232125.png
how do you drive the car without the cord becoming entangled when you turn the wheel
? Thanks

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
how do you drive the car without the cord becoming entangled when you turn the wheel
? Thanks
It really doesn't impede the wheel. In the video I posted above from the ride along, you can see it does wrap around the wheel but doesn't prevent me from driving or cause a disruption. If I was trying to make a u-turn in heavy traffic close to full lock, I'd grab the cords and lift them up and whip the wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Cleaned the car up yesterday. Today is Cars and Coffee, but the rain didn't hold out. So keeping the Mustang in the garage.

It's also my wife's birthday today. :champagne:🥰

1628345855975.png

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Straight up.. dat ass!

1628562298896.png

I started an insight series on youtube which will be quick videos highlighting some of the modifications on the car.

Here's the first:

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Today's video is the Procharger head unit. I'm pretty awful at youtube haha

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Took the car out for a beer...an hour away from home. The car made a two hour round trip on a 1/2 tank of One Ethanol R.

1628736141961.png

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Car is gorgeous
Almost too nice to be beat on at the drag strip🥺 .

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Kicked the drum of One Ethanol e85r yesterday. Turns out 54 gallons goes fast😁

PXL_20210813_010547279_exported_0.jpg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Kicked the drum of One Ethanol e85r yesterday. Turns out 54 gallons goes fast😁

PXL_20210813_010547279_exported_0.jpg
I know exactly what you mean brother. When I was data logging and tuning for nitrous, I burned through 23 gallons in no time. I mean, I didn’t even get to cruise on any of it; just drove about 20 miles round trip to the spot where I made the WOT hits about four times and that was it. I saved the last 7 gallons for the Dyno and I was completely out after the drive back home. Sometimes I pass by tanker trucks on the highway and think to myself, how nice it wou,d be to have one parked at my house with a hose, pump and nozzle attached. I imagine one of those might last a guy quite a while. LOL

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I know exactly what you mean brother. When I was data logging and tuning for nitrous, I burned through 23 gallons in no time. I mean, I didn’t even get to cruise on any of it; just drove about 20 miles round trip to the spot where I made the WOT hits about four times and that was it. I saved the last 7 gallons for the Dyno and I was completely out after the drive back home. Sometimes I pass by tanker trucks on the highway and think to myself, how nice it wou,d be to have one parked at my house with a hose, pump and nozzle attached. I imagine one of those might last a guy quite a while. LOL
Joint venture? 😂

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Miles are coming to an end:

1629064865700.png

1629064879263.png

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Track outing next week? The pic of your dash is a little blurry. Do I see a low tire pressure light illuminated on the dash? I was wondering if you decided not to run TPMS sensors in the wheels? I have been on the fence about this myself; trying to decide whether I should run them in my drag pack.
Sponsored