Sponsored

Favorite Car You've Owned Besides Your Mustangs

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks Cobra Jet.......it was a Classic Roadsters Kit.......had a 351W in it when I got it and I built the 408W Stroker......TORQUE MONSTER in a 2400# sled!! :wink:

The kit was originally bought by a guy in Eastern Virginia but he became ill and the wife sold it to John York Sports Cars in Richmond and they completed it. A guy in Birmingham, Alabama bought it and several years later in I bought it from him in 2002 and made several upgrades.:thumbsup:

I sold it to a licensed Road Racer near Savannah, Georgia and he ran it a couple years at Roebling Raceway.....see video of "Cobra Boo Boo" below!! 😲

BTW....the color is Pacific Green that Ford used on late 90's Tauruses I think??🤔

I recently wanted a Backdraft Car but unfortunately at my age and stage of inflexibility I cannot fold up enough to get out of it........MEAN OLE Mr. Gravity always assists in entering small cars ya know!!😐

Wow…. At least it does not seem from the vid that there was any sever damages (or was there)… but damn that sounded nice when it was opened up several times during that vis!

Ever think of buying it back?
Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Wow…. At least it does not seem from the vid that there was any sever damages (or was there)… but damn that sounded nice when it was opened up several times during that vis!

Ever think of buying it back?
No damage and he was LUCKY!!

When he got the car from me he ran it and beat his Mustang Race Car's lap time by a few seconds but he said it scared him 'cause it had waaaay more "GO" than "WHOA" so he put BIG BRAKES all around and shave more time but said he still couldn't run WOT down the front straight because of noise restrictions!!

He sold it to a guy from Minnesota a few years ago and the guy drove it back with no problems!!

catdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 iconic silver pp1
My favorite car was, and is, my 1967 Cougar. I've owned it since 1986, and bought it going into my senior year of high school. The pic was taken over the 4th of July holiday weekend four years ago, a random, on a whim shot with my phone. It's one of my favorite pics of it.

cougar.jpg
Wow great picture, ive never been a big fan of cougars but it looks great from that angle

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
No damage and he was LUCKY!!
No damage was partly luck in that there was plenty of runoff room. But I think "in a spin, both feet in" had a lot to do with it.

He was clearly in lift-throttle deceleration at the time, which is going to be tricky in a lightweight low-PMOI car that has huge amounts of engine braking available.

Norm

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
No damage was partly luck in that there was plenty of runoff room. But I think "in a spin, both feet in" had a lot to do with it.

He was clearly in lift-throttle deceleration at the time, which is going to be tricky in a lightweight low-PMOI car that has huge amounts of engine braking available.

Norm
Norm, I think we need to have a beer together! 🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Is yours just a daily or have you done any mods to it?
No mods, not a daily. I actually gave it to my daughter for passing her driving license test.. after all, purchased it while she was still In the womb! Who could deny, But Daddy, The Color matches My Eyes!

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
2004 Honda S2000 .
Screenshot_2014-05-30-21-11-52-1.jpg
I had an ap2 s2k also. I was 18 and only had it for 9 months or so. I can't remember it too much, but I talked my dad into trading it for a 04 STi. I preferred the STi, but the Honda was a great car.

I had the opportunity to buy another one before I got the mustang, but been there done that.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I had an ap2 s2k also. I was 18 and only had it for 9 months or so. I can't remember it too much, but I talked my dad into trading it for a 04 STi. I preferred the STi, but the Honda was a great car.

I had the opportunity to buy another one before I got the mustang, but been there done that.
On the highway these guys try and challenge me all the time. Good luck.

Sponsored

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
On the highway these guys try and challenge me all the time. Good luck.
I only have trucks trying to race me in my 5.0. A guy in a hellcat charger was showing out in front of me, but I took it as a compliment. STi' and Type Rs don't want that smoke and I don't blame them.

I think I enjoy my Mustang more than any car I've had. Too fast for the street and I just love the sound. I now understand why so many 5.0 owners drive with the window down

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
All my cars, past and present, were chosen very carefully and therefore all have a special appeal.

My favorite though is my Falcon XR8. Finished in Emperor red, it looks a bit like grandpa's church car. But under the bonnet is where the action is, factory supercharged Ford Coyote goodness!

x33.jpg

IMG-0404-2.jpg

mar2173.jpg

may48.jpg

q2.jpg

IMG-E1627.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Oh how I wish I'd realised what a thing the Miami engine was when they were available new.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Oh how I wish I'd realised what a thing the Miami engine was when they were available new.
The Miami is a beast! :muscle:

Took mine out today, had the traction control flashing at me at the top end of third! :giggle:

lukevanc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I also have Honda now, should admit - a peculiar car, cause it has cons (at least for me). Oil needs to be changed often enough, since I`m constantly driving and there`s hybrid system. The sport mode doesn't work very well - there`re often situations where the engine revs up but doesn't shift into higher gear, as a result - the fuel consumption increases. I have no time to fill it up. In the heat there is a risk of overheating the engine. But in general, I love retro cars, visited with my son https://www.greatbritishcarjourney.com/ we liked it, old cars were made no worse than new ones.
Sponsored

Last edited: