Sponsored

2016 GT 'vert with GT Pkg, Rousch Supercharger, and Exhaust - ?

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
Hive Mind - help: What are pluses and minuses of buying a 12,000 mile 2016 'vert w GT package and Roush supercharger & exhaust. Pristine exterior. I know I won't get the active exhaust (darn it), but it seems like a deal at $39k. Roush bits were reportedly installed by a Ford dealer. Word to me is the first owner was a mature driver, used as a summer toy, and didn't drive in bad weather. The only service record I know is that the AC was in for a check and recharge 7/18 and 7/19. Any watch out or warnings on such a car or this model generally?
Sponsored

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Hive Mind - help: What are pluses and minuses of buying a 12,000 mile 2016 'vert w GT package and Roush supercharger & exhaust. Pristine exterior. I know I won't get the active exhaust (darn it), but it seems like a deal at $39k. Roush bits were reportedly installed by a Ford dealer. Word to me is the first owner was a mature driver, used as a summer toy, and didn't drive in bad weather. The only service record I know is that the AC was in for a check and recharge 7/18 and 7/19. Any watch out or warnings on such a car or this model generally?
Bueller? Anyone?

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Bueller? Anyone?
And he only drove it on a Sunday's.i just wouldn't buy a used Rausch without a warranty.repair bills will be tremendousbbb

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
And he only drove it on a Sunday's.i just wouldn't buy a used Rausch without a warranty.repair bills will be tremendousbbb
For sure he did only use it on Sundays (Sunday, Sunday, Sunday,....).

But with an average of only 2200 miles per year, that car did a lot of sitting with things not being lubricated and seldom being hot. And I can't speak to the number of people I know who supercharge cars to drive them sedately during the summer.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
It's been in for a refrigeratorant leak twice e already. Weren't the early years prone to evaporator core leaks? That's a $2000+/- dash out repair. Between that and the super charger add on I'd be very worried.

Sponsored

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Were '16 A/C issues resolved, or do they remain?

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Former owner, an older wealth manager type, bought a 3 year warranty with the Stage 1 supercharger at installation. Now expired. Rousch records only show a tune in 2018, and no warranty or other work - a good sign, which Rousch said is evidence of no problems.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Mine is a 2016, and believe me, whoever gets my car will be thrilled.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
people here are sooooo over dramatic and soft...

get the car inspected, they will tell you about any issues going on. If all good, go and get it. No drama.

at the end of the day, it is a used car, it may be stock and have problems anyway due to bad maintenance, abuse, etc.

We just sold a nissan GTR last week, guy asked to get it inspected by a nissan dealership, nissan said ALL GOOD, the guy drove from nyc to get the car. and the GTR was far from stock,

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mine is a 2016, and believe me, whoever gets my car will be thrilled.
What are the 'trouble' spots on 2016, to your knowledge. FWIF, A/C, NAV and one I didn't expect - leaks into passenger compartment. To that end, how do you wash yours (vert?), by hand at home, or at some sort of a 'vert friendly car wash?

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m the original owner, not a convertible, I wash my car by hand and never use an automatic car wash.
I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever except the evaporator which Ford fixed under warranty.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I’m the original owner, not a convertible, I wash my car by hand and never use an automatic car wash.
I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever except the evaporator which Ford fixed under warranty.
Thank you! Tell me about the Magneride - you did that after market / after purchase? Cost? (That wasn't factory in '16, correct?)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Tell me about the Magneride - you did that after market / after purchase? Cost? (That wasn't factory in '16, correct?)
Magneride not offered in 2016. Do yourself a BIG favor. Get Bilstein B6 all around and thank me later. :like:

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Magneride not offered in 2016. Do yourself a BIG favor. Get Bilstein B6 all around and thank me later. :like:
Ok. In your profile you mention "Magnetic' for your GT - is that the Bilstein's or something else?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Ok. In your profile you mention "Magnetic' for your GT - is that the Bilstein's or something else?
That is the color of his car. Magnetic... Its a grey(ish) color.
Sponsored