Sponsored

Had Full Xpel Ultimate PPF Done - Need Opinions on the work done

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I have no experience with PPF, just chiming in to say that the unevenness of the cuts in your first 6 pics (and more) would drive me absolutely insane, no matter what the price was.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangRS

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
I assume they went right over the stripes also. Is there an air pocket at the stripes to body intersection? Maybe negotiate a refund of some sort and live with it. I donā€™t think I could handle having them attempt to fix any of it, as it may just become worse.
Yeah they did per my instruction. There is a small gap due to the height of the stripe, but it's not so bad. I knew that would be a thing going into it and with the white it isn't super noticeable. It's almost like a small pinstripe haha.

I am certainly nervous now, but I'm still going to give it a shot... for sure the peeling stuff I Could take somewhere else, but I want to see if they will fix the unwrapped edges etc. I'm just worried about my stripes being pulled off and that is a whole different level of can of worms...

OP
OP
StangRS

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no experience with PPF, just chiming in to say that the unevenness of the cuts in your first 6 pics (and more) would drive me absolutely insane, no matter what the price was.
It's shoddy work, no question.

So a quick update:
I called the owner and he got defensive with me and tried to give excuses for the work done. Needless to say, I was not thrilled with the attitude. Since he is very poor at planning the shop's time he told me to call him Monday to see if they have an opening for me to bring it by for me to point out my concerns and then for them to try to address them. My gut feeling is that they will not take responsibility for anything except for the peeling ppf sheets...

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Hopefully you paid with a cc. The proper response from anybody that is a skilled professional should be to bring it by and lets see what your concerns are, and from there come up with a solution. There are customers that are not going to made happy no matter what, your situation isnā€™t that at all, its straight up shxtty craftsmanship. Iā€™m absolutely amazed what these shops get away with around the country and what they charge people. I paid 1100 with ceramic tint, and I know I got hooked up, but full cost would of been 18-1900 from my buddy. This is what was leaving his shop when he did my R. Both are original cars.

So a quick update:
I called the owner and he got defensive with me and tried to give excuses for the work done. Needless to say, I was not thrilled with the attitude. Since he is very poor at planning the shop's time he told me to call him Monday to see if they have an opening for me to bring it by for me to point out my concerns and then for them to try to address them. My gut feeling is that they will not take responsibility for anything except for the peeling ppf sheets...
A13EC324-48C0-409B-AEE3-B19FF7D0D7BC.jpeg

4F4C9068-726C-4DDA-950A-EE02CC733614.jpeg

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

So a quick update:
If it ends poorly - and he's xpel authorized, you can reach out to xpel corp and ask them if they can help..if there are any other dealers in your area. They don't want you running around unhappy, I'm sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangRS

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully you paid with a cc. The proper response from anybody that is a skilled professional should be to bring it by and lets see what your concerns are, and from there come up with a solution. There are customers that are not going to made happy no matter what, your situation isnā€™t that at all, its straight up shxtty craftsmanship. Iā€™m absolutely amazed what these shops get away with around the country and what they charge people. I paid 1100 with ceramic tint, and I know I got hooked up, but full cost would of been 18-1900 from my buddy. This is what was leaving his shop when he did my R. Both are original cars.

A13EC324-48C0-409B-AEE3-B19FF7D0D7BC.jpeg

4F4C9068-726C-4DDA-950A-EE02CC733614.jpeg
I paid with a check because their was a fee for using a credit card. Honestly I would have rejected the work and made him keep the car and fix it without paying but they were already much later delivering the car than originally quoted and I needed the car to be a part of my wedding the next day... I was a bit caught between a rock and a hard place. Also my car was caught in a nightmare dealer situation which I will share another time (I bought the car in march and didn't get to drive it up until the 25th of June) and I really really really wanted it back. It is my dream attainable car afterall.

BTW Those cobras are beautiful!

OP
OP
StangRS

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it ends poorly - and he's xpel authorized, you can reach out to xpel corp and ask them if they can help..if there are any other dealers in your area. They don't want you running around unhappy, I'm sure.
Thanks for the tip, I was considering this as well as a last resort. I know for sure there are other retailers in the area. I basically "interviewed" 4 of them in total before selecting the shop that felt best to do my car haha. So much for that... :crazy:.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I'll be a dissenting voice. Hopefully you got a low price. Is the car better protected than it was? I'm sure it is. It's not a paint job, and it comes off and your car will look pretty much new again. Get the few obvious areas fixed like by the rocker stripes (that part looked bad), but as for the little areas? Move on with your life and enjoy your awesome car.

I did my own PPF and vinyl wrap on my new 2021 f150 Platinum. The PPF pretty much came out like $h!Å„. But, it's protected and very few people commented on the install. However, the bumper, grill, headlights are not chipping anymore. After about 1000k miles I already saw signs of damage before I PPF'd it. It cost me about $100 to do.

If you have the money, just move on and be happy. Oh, and of course don't use them again. šŸ˜‰

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I sure hope the shop does whatā€™s correct and makes it right.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I'll be a dissenting voice. Hopefully you got a low price. Is the car better protected than it was? I'm sure it is. It's not a paint job, and it comes off and your car will look pretty much new again. Get the few obvious areas fixed like by the rocker stripes (that part looked bad), but as for the little areas? Move on with your life and enjoy your awesome car.

I did my own PPF and vinyl wrap on my new 2021 f150 Platinum. The PPF pretty much came out like $h!Å„. But, it's protected and very few people commented on the install. However, the bumper, grill, headlights are not chipping anymore. After about 1000k miles I already saw signs of damage before I PPF'd it. It cost me about $100 to do.

If you have the money, just move on and be happy. Oh, and of course don't use them again. šŸ˜‰
The difference is you spent $100. The OP spent $7,000. For that much money a PPF job needs to look like they at least tried to do it right.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
The difference is you spent $100. The OP spent $7,000. For that much money a PPF job needs to look like they at least tried to do it right.
Ok. You got me there. I didn't realize it was that much. We should probably know the name of the place so no one else gets bamboozled.

GTYUP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2021 GT500 on order
Hi StangRS...I feel your pain. Same poor quality work happened to me not once but twice with the same shop in MA. Mostly Rough edges, air bubbles and lots of contamination(debris) under the PPF. Most of the bubbles did go away but some remained. He ended up trying to pop the bubbles with a needle. He wanted to try a third time. I said absolutely not. I have read stories of the paint peeling when they try to remove the XPEL on some 2020 GT500s. XPEL says the expel is 40X less adhesive than factory paint though. They said most likely Ford paint was the issue on some of the cars. At that point I went to the only authorized XPEL rep in RI. He took pictures and said he would call the district rep for me. Having no patience, I called the XPEL district rep. The district rep agreed to have the RI shop strip the improperly installed XPEL and re-do at no cost to me. XPEL corporate backs their product. Recommend you try the same. The RI dealer did it perfectly. I see no defects at all now. Good luck.

Pparana

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Ppf cost is very region specific. But some of that work is just not acceptable. I do my owownon my 19 it's more of a template as. I track it and end up replacing sections here and there. On my 20 hep not a seam is visible but that's prob a 80 hour install and I only did it because every God dam panel needed to be properly aligned anyway as the factory has some redicouls tolarances.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I guess I will chime in. It was me, and they didn't correct all areas of concern or remove the film and give me my money back, I would take allot of pictures, your service contract/work order and take them to sall claims court. The shop is hoping they can keep moving you forward without a resolution and hoping you would just except and go away. I hate these low life piece of shit shops taking advantage of customers.
Sponsored