Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Honestly I haven't seen any wearing a mask in over a month.
That's not 100% true, I have seen a very few. Funny thing is most were kids below age 10.

So if the vaccine is not good enough at preventing the disease we need it and mask up; Will we ever not need to wear a mask?

Viruses are everywhere.
Masks didn't work nor will they going forward.
You have said all of this countless times. Are you looking for a different response from someone?

Luckily you are in a position of power behind a keyboard... so.... I don't care what you think. :cwl:

Seems weird to be posting the same BS over and over on a forum when people are trying to have an honest conversation.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Seems weird to be posting the same BS over and over
What was BS? People not wearing masks?

Getting a vaccine and still need a mask?

The mask compliance vs infection rate chart?

When the delta variety is contained they will find another reason to keep us masked and locked down?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I normally don't respond to your nonsense... waste of time.

Not sure if you are simply eaten up politically or have other issues.

Hopefully you will get help... unless that quote from CJJon is right... sorry, can't fix that.
Probably just baiting with the sole purpose to get into arguments because they have nobody to voice their grievances to.

Im glad that my life has more meaning than that.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Not researched if what typed above is right... but if it is, that is the story. Hard work, long hours and a bit of luck...

Instead of talking about that success we are left going back and forth with a bunch of quacks.
In addition to Moderna's story, vaccines were in fact entering the human clinical trial phase after the original SARS and MERS outbreak, however the funding was cut after just under a decade of research was completed. All that research still existed at the time of this latest pandemic. All the information is there. Anyone who's interested can find all of the medical journals published, dating back to 2002/03. Yet, somehow the most copy and pasted conspiracy is that the science is behind this vaccine is less than "2 years old".

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
What was BS? People not wearing masks?

Getting a vaccine and still need a mask?

The mask compliance vs infection rate chart?

When the delta variety is contained they will find another reason to keep us masked and locked down?
No. The bullshit is that masks are not effective. It’s a big lie and only believed by the gullible and perpetuated by fools.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
In addition to Moderna's story, vaccines were in fact entering the human clinical trial phase after the original SARS and MERS outbreak, however the funding was cut after just under a decade of research was completed. All that research still existed at the time of this latest pandemic. All the information is there. Anyone who's interested can find all of the medical journals published, dating back to 2002/03. Yet, somehow the most copy and pasted conspiracy is that the science is behind this vaccine is less than "2 years old".
Hello; No some are saying the vaccine itself is not very old. A distinction with a difference.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Hello; No some are saying the vaccine itself is not very old. A distinction with a difference.
If the bulk of the hard work and research extends as far back as 19 years. The final product could have existed a decade ago. We'd all just be taking a booster a year ago if funding hadn't been cut.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
If the bulk of the hard work and research extends as far back as 19 years. The final product could have existed a decade ago. We'd all just be taking a booster a year ago if funding hadn't been cut.
Hello; Let me try an analogy. Not a perfect analogy. It can take many years for an automaker to come up with a new model. Even for an existing model such as a Mustang the lead up time can be years.
For a completely new platform the lead time is even longer. Auto makers have been doing this for over 100 years. All the experience and time helps them make a vehicle. Yet when the brand new version hits the showrooms that vehicle is indeed brand new. Are all the bugs worked out and all the issues resolved in a new vehicle? Not very often if ever.

It is OK to champion something you have faith in. Just do not expect to convince all of us that a vaccine for a disease that was only first known of in early 2020 is really ten years old. That the vaccines are a wonder is a truth. That they may be the next greatest thing since sliced bread may be true. But they are brand new and the jury has to still be out about possible side effects.

I hear talking heads asking why the FDA does not just go ahead and fully certify the vaccines now? Well my WAG on this is they have not and I am not sure the companies making them are in such a hurry. Once they are fully certified the companies and medical folks are on the hook for liability. Right now they are not. I may be very wrong about this.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Hello; Let me try an analogy. Not a perfect analogy. It can take many years for an automaker to come up with a new model. Even for an existing model such as a Mustang the lead up time can be years.
For a completely new platform the lead time is even longer. Auto makers have been doing this for over 100 years. All the experience and time helps them make a vehicle. Yet when the brand new version hits the showrooms that vehicle is indeed brand new. Are all the bugs worked out and all the issues resolved in a new vehicle? Not very often if ever.

It is OK to champion something you have faith in. Just do not expect to convince all of us that a vaccine for a disease that was only first known of in early 2020 is really ten years old. That the vaccines are a wonder is a truth. That they may be the next greatest thing since sliced bread may be true. But they are brand new and the jury has to still be out about possible side effects.

I hear talking heads asking why the FDA does not just go ahead and fully certify the vaccines now? Well my WAG on this is they have not and I am not sure the companies making them are in such a hurry. Once they are fully certified the companies and medical folks are on the hook for liability. Right now they are not. I may be very wrong about this.
To use the same analogy; a new car and platform with a fraction of the budget needs to do hundreds of different tasks flawlessly with hundreds if not thousands of moving parts, that's not including the software development. It's pretty impressive what they can do in 5-7 years per generation. Tesla has been around for a fraction of any other manufacturer, yet one could also argue they're doing it better. Vaccines have been around for the better part of 70 years. They're not magic, they're based on science. MRNA vaccines are just a different, safer, yet more efficient delivery system that's been researched for decades. No matter the technology or science behind them. they have to do one job, and do it well.

We're both oversimplifying things here and I can appreciate hesitation with the population that is "on the fence". I get it. What I have trouble with is completely denying the facts or science, calling everything fake news and ultimately just being anti-vax for the sake of not being called one of the "Sheeple".

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think the sheep comment was directed at me.

I am not anti-vax, I do question the long term safety of these new vaccines. I do hope they prove to be safe.

That said had I not recovered from covid I would have seriously considered getting the jab.

The sheep comment is directed at the mandates from our government.

Even if for the better good, the Constitution limits what the gov can do restricting us as citizens. I have a problem with illegal orders.

If the State legislators want to vote on mask laws and lockdowns, I'm ok with that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I haven't seen any wearing a mask in over a month.
That's not 100% true, I have seen a very few. Funny thing is most were kids below age 10.

So if the vaccine is not good enough at preventing the disease, we need it and mask up; Will we ever not need to wear a mask?

Viruses are everywhere.
Masks didn't work nor will they going forward.

1627431555571.png
Do you happen to have a chart that shows how many infections occurred with no mask?

Also, I find it interesting that when you go and look at the data from Yougov, it quite clearly shows that mask use in the category of “always” was nowhere near 80% at most of the times being shown here. It may well be the case tha the person who assembled the chart selected the data for ANY level of mask use Eg. “Sometimes“
Who knows?

That’s two points of contention without even having to dig into the data too deeply.

Hell, an amateur could even argue that masks CAUSE infection if they just look at the chart.
LMFAO.

Surprised none of the conspiracy theorists noticed that.
Or did they? Maybe I missed it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Now they are saying even if you have the jab you still need to wear a mask.

How many more flip flops will have to happen before the sheep wake up.
This has all been explained at length to you - you know the reasons you just choose to troll. The irony is that vaccinated people wearing masks (for which there is strong evidence of a benefit) are doing it for people like you that are not vaccinated, so rather than chastising you should be appreciating their efforts.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
But it is important to understand the process for construction and implementation of mRNA vaccines is completely different to conventional vaccines. In effect you develop a single transport process for the delivery of a flexible payload. The huge advantage is that you can rapidly change the RNA sequence to cover off new strains that is simply not possible with conventional vaccines. These modifications are likely to require minimal additional testing because other than a slight change to the RNA sequence the delivery method is identical. This is hugely important longer term for COVID because of the logistics of vaccinating the whole world takes so long and new strains will emerge during that time. No other vaccine process would allow such a rapid response to those strains.

4 things about mRNA COVID vaccines researchers still want to find out (theconversation.com)

mRNA vaccines — a new era in vaccinology | Nature Reviews Drug Discovery - This article is from 2018 for example.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

See my post below. This is not an analogy that can be used. You need to understand how mRNA vaccines work first before trying to work out your analogy. mRNA vaccines / treatments are not brand new. In the not too distant future personalised vaccines will be widely available to treat tumours and other conditions. The whole point about this technology is that it can be used specifically and individually (or en masse) using the same transport process. Believe me if COVID had popped up 10 years ago we would have been a far more desperate situation.

RNA therapies explained (nature.com)

Unlocking the potential of vaccines built on messenger RNA (nature.com)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Do you happen to have a chart that shows how many infections occurred with no mask?

Also, I find it interesting that when you go and look at the data from Yougov, it quite clearly shows that mask use in the category of “always” was nowhere near 80% at most of the times being shown here. It may well be the case tha the person who assembled the chart selected the data for ANY level of mask use Eg. “Sometimes“
Who knows?

That’s two points of contention without even having to dig into the data too deeply.

Hell, an amateur could even argue that masks CAUSE infection if they just look at the chart.
LMFAO.

Surprised none of the conspiracy theorists noticed that.
Or did they? Maybe I missed it.
The real irony is that for a person who does not trust the government, CDC, FDA, clinical experts and research scientists, peer reviewed data, opinion writers (biased), then uses YouGov data to try to make a point! LMAO
Sponsored