Sponsored

Is it huge downgrade to trade in my 2020 GT350 for a Stinger?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Compared to a GT350 there is very little that is special. But that is what OP asked about and that's what the answer was for.

If you are only looking at two year value, then leasing makes a lot more sense. What's a regular Mustang GT worth after two years. Same thing.
Agreed that the GT350 is a special vehicle and based on the OP's question there is no doubt that it would be a huge downgrade not only in the performance arena but from a long term investment.

With respect to value of a Mustang GT after two years, I have to agree with your assessment but what has that got to do with a Kia Stinger or a GT350?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
With respect to value of a Mustang GT after two years, I have to agree with your assessment but what has that got to do with a Kia Stinger or a GT350?
My bad, I thought you were comparing the two year value of the Kia to the GT350 which, of course, isn't fair. That's why I mentioned a regular Mustang.

I think OP knows that selling the GT350 for a Kia is a huge downgrade, but it appears that he has reasons for needing to do so. He just wants us to make him feel better if he does. :frown:

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Thank you all for the replies and feedbacks.

Now, I do not have kids and do not necessary need a four door sedan, it was all about myself searching for a comfort, which I assume it is not a "must have" and I can live with it.
Decided to keep the GT350. As a lot of people mentioned, I may save about 20k in short term with the PIN Code that I have, but in long-term Stinger will depreciate a lot.

Thank you all!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)

Now, I do not have kids and do not necessary need a four door sedan, it was all about myself searching for a comfort, which I assume it is not a "must have" and I can live with it.
Decided to keep the GT350. As a lot of people mentioned, I may save about 20k in short term with the PIN Code that I have, but in long-term Stinger will depreciate a lot.

Thank you all!
There ya go. Look for a cheap burner!

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Never even heard of a Stinger. Now that i see that it's a KIA. Are you insane?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well I mentioned that I won't be making a change so I don't see a point of your post?
I think he just voiced what a lot of us thought to your initial post.

Congratz on the decision to keep the 350. I think you’ll reflect on this decision later on and feel you made the right choice.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
What are yall thoughts if I can get a fully loaded Stinger GT2 at 46k price tag?(54k msrp) Would that make a difference? Right now I am leaning towards keeping to GT350 tho
You drive the GT350 so you’re familiar with it. Drive the KIA and see if you like it better. I think it’s a crazy idea, but from a practical perspective whether or not you like it better is the major factor.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Thank you all!
Oh thank goodness! Great call in my opinion.

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I drove a Stinger for a couple of weeks. Long enough to grow on me. Great car.

OP, you'll get used to and enjoy the Stinger in the canyons, but as you know, it'll be a very different driving experience. You will have a lot of fun in it, but you'll miss the power, at least at first. (I have a GT Performance Pack now that I love, but it doesn't rev nearly as fast as my GT350 did., which I do miss. 😢)

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
huge downgrade not only in the performance arena but from a long term investment.

love ya man (no homo) but if long term investment is your metric, then I have a 1989 IROC-Z Camaro to sell ya 😂

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
To me The gt350 and gt500 are to be enjoyed as a second or third vehicle not as the only one.
The one time I did drive a GT350 that is my coworkers...I completely agree with this statement as fact. Compared to my EB, the GT350 just feels like it needs to be moving fast to enjoy. Putting around just feels like a clunky race car. No hard feelings to Shelby owners :p just my opinion.

As for Stinger or GT350, it really depends on what you want (I'm certain someone has already stated this). I'd opt for the Stinger if I was in your shoes unless the GT350 was used as a track car or as 2nd/3rd fun car. Kia/Hyundai have really come a long way from what they used to be, plus their new car warranties are fucking great at 100k/5yrs. If you can find a Stinger, give it a drive first and make sure you want it - test everything you normally use on your GT350 and make a decision. As a daily, I feel like the Stinger would be a better option while still retaining a sporty FR layout. Plus an extra 2 doors and cargo space to boot for when you need it. That's the one thing I miss about my Fiesta ST.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It must be that time of the year when we think the grass is greener elsewhere. I came very close to trading for an M2 competition model

It was a quick and well built car but I just liked the Shelby better
Sponsored