Sponsored

Is it huge downgrade to trade in my 2020 GT350 for a Stinger?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The Stinger has the twin turbo 368HP engine. it’s a lot of car for the money.

https://www.kia.com/us/en/stinger/b...e+Pearl&interior=Black+Nappa+Leather&trim=GT2
The Stinger initially may be a lot of car for the money but at the end of the day it is still a Kia that is equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission and provides nothing really special from a performance standpoint compared to a 2nd generation GT350.

Just as important, how much do you think that your Kia Stinger will be worth from a trade in or private sale after just two years of ownership?

Intially, I agree that a purchase of a 2022 Kia Stinger may look very attractive but after a very short period of time the financial impact will be dramatic compared to the ownership of a 2nd generation GT350/R.

Each to their own but after many years of owning HP sedans and coupes I personally would not touch a Stinger let alone any other Kia model for that matter.
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
That's what I'm saying, you want a fast sedan for under $100k? The only answer is Charger :cwl:

For around the same price it's a roomier car with a much better soundtrack. UConnect is also a great infotainment system, very user friendly.
Serious question…
Have the newer Hemi’s become more reliable?
we bought an ‘07 5.7 Charger when the wife fell in love with it at a display at a motorcycle race. Ordered it just the way she wanted it.
Around 80K miles our new, very good mechanic told us to sell before we hit 90K due to the engine failures. We care for our cars and chalked the statement up to poor maintenance.…94K and the engine went. After we traded it in I spoke to a friend who’s an engine builder and he told me he could have fixed and rebuilt stronger than ever. He knew of the problem. Lesson learned.

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
What are yall thoughts if I can get a fully loaded Stinger GT2 at 46k price tag?(54k msrp) Would that make a difference? Right now I am leaning towards keeping to GT350 tho
I'd keep the GT350, and get a daily of some kind. If you are seriously considering a Stinger, look at the Genesis G70 with the 3.5tt option. Same engine as the stinger, much nicer interior if you are thinking about comfort. Kia is Hyundai's cheap brand...

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
Considering trading my GT350 for a fully loaded Stinger GT2. GT350 is my only daily and I want something more comfortable. Is it bad idea to make this decision? Any long term financial and performance advice? I know that stinger will get me less performance but bit more comfort and comfort is only reason Im considering as daily driver.

Thanks!

Details on the GT350? I'm not far from you

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Because the old guys who buy Corvette's care more about interior options than the actual car :giggle:
Matching trim to your New Balances is crucial.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Lol. Y’all gotta roll with the humor man. On a serious note, I’d find a Civic Type R before I ever considered a Kia Stinger.
Owned a 2018 Rallye Red Type R for a year and only sold it because I was transferred some ~2000 miles away and had too many cars to transport to my new home.

Sold it back to the Honda dealership in S.C. a year later with ~8,000 miles on it for pretty much what I bought it for.

No doubt one of the best manual transmissions that I have ever shifted let alone an oustanding total performance package for a 4 door vehicle.

My wife misses it more than me and encourages me to pick up another Type R.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I considered the Stinger when I started looking at a new vehicle. The only reason it got dropped off the list was because at the time Canada was only getting the V6, which was a little more than I wanted to spend. I imagine that the practical side of the car is a bonus, with reasonable performance.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The Stinger initially may be a lot of car for the money but at the end of the day it is still a Kia that is equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission and provides nothing really special from a performance standpoint compared to a 2nd generation GT350.
Compared to a GT350 there is very little that is special. But that is what OP asked about and that's what the answer was for.

Just as important, how much do you think that your Kia Stinger will be worth from a trade in or private sale after just two years of ownership?
If you are only looking at two year value, then leasing makes a lot more sense. What's a regular Mustang GT worth after two years. Same thing.
Sponsored