Sponsored

Is it huge downgrade to trade in my 2020 GT350 for a Stinger?

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Considering trading my GT350 for a fully loaded Stinger GT2. GT350 is my only daily and I want something more comfortable. Is it bad idea to make this decision? Any long term financial and performance advice? I know that stinger will get me less performance but bit more comfort and comfort is only reason Im considering as daily driver.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Short answer is yes.

Long answer is depends. Depends on what you want more, performance at the expense of comfort and practicality, or the other way around. IMO for purely a daily, the Stinger all the way. If this was a daily + track car, GT350 all the way.
Thank you. I don't track the car but couple mountain runs every month. It's really had decision to make. I'm pretty sure the stinger will depreciate harder and I am pretty sure I'm wanting something comfortable because I'm used to the performance of the gt350. Thinking opposite way, if I get the stinger and get used to the comfort, I may want my self back in to the gt350....

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Considering trading my GT350 for a fully loaded Stinger GT2. GT350 is my only daily and I want something more comfortable. Is it bad idea to make this decision? Any long term financial and performance advice? I know that stinger will get me less performance but bit more comfort and comfort is only reason Im considering as daily driver.

Thanks!
You will probably get alot of people calling you stupid and saying to back off but honestly if you want something not as intense that is fine. I wouldn't want to DD my GT350, after a day of driving it gets exhausting, the car is intense and rightfully so. When I use my other car sometimes its just a joy to drive, I didn't really appreciate it until after a few months of only using my GT350. But it is a downgrade, in terms of performance not really comfort imo.

If comfort is what you want then thats not a bad idea, I wouldn't want to DD my GT350. I have a Scion tC which is very similar to the Stinger GT2 as my DD. I was going to sell it but I am glad I kept it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Thank you all for the reply. I guess it is really up to me what I want and what I like. Just like what @RPDBlueMoon said, it gets me exhausted. I love the car but I do a long drive every weekend and I already got 16k miles on my 2020. Hard decision to make. Very hard.

Good part is I guess I will save some money due to less payment and comfortness and bit of performance.
Bad part is I will can't hear the glorious fpc sound and name of Shelby...

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Always thought of the mustang as a fun, special occasion car. Not one I'd want as my only car. Partly because I have winter snow here and partly because I have the convert. GT350 amps this up further to track, collectible, small production numbers. KIA stinger will depreciate harder for sure. It is very well reviewed but I would pass as my experience with the two Korean brands has not been positive for long term ownership (fine as lease). I'd lean more toward the acura tlx type S if buying. ymmv

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Stinger will be a lot more practical. Four doors, AWD. Probably more cabin amenities. A lot less cool factor though.

350Heritage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
This is funny because I went from a GT, into a Stinger and then sold the Stinger to get my 350. I really enjoyed the Kia, but have zero regrets trading for a 350.

Stinger and 350 were second vehicles for me, so it would probably be much harder to live with daily. Stinger was extremely practical as a family vehicle with 2 kids.

A big reason I made the trade is the high pressure fuel pump on the Stinger was so loud with ticking on cold start it was almost embarrassing. Only lasted for about 15 to 20 seconds but I hated it. Maybe they have solved that since I had my 2019 but you might want to look into that.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I think this is very individual. Not necessarily a downgrade as these two cars are not directly comparable but are rather very different takes on transportation and have different mission statements though there may be overlap in some areas. I do daily my Shelby and find it perfectly comfortable and still did on a 500 mile trip with only one stop for gas. But this will obviously vary by individual. The suggestion of renting one is very wise and would likely answer your questions. In another thread it talks about value and how it’s on the rise (even though the build numbers were rather high the nature of a Shelby will very probably have them ultimately increase in value). The Stinger on the other hand will likely drop precipitously like most cars. Wishing you luck reaching a decision.

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Practicality, cost of ownership, and convenience says the stinger.

Use case of track use, cool factor, and overall fun says the gt350
Sponsored