Sponsored

What is the best place to post a HEP R for sale?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
You are missing out on the no commission for seller/buyer Craigslist option.

my 350 was from CL and I only had to throw away one body from the trunk.
I concur about Craigslist being a viable option when hunting down any car. I just bought a 1982 TR8 on there as I wanted to emulate Carroll Shelby’s motto of small British car with a V8 engine and goes like hell. The VIN on this TR just happens to log it as the last TR8 ever made. I’m working with the British Historic Motors Heritage Trust right now and they have verified my engine is original to the car and are writing a letter to state that fact. The Triumph factory in Solihull closed the day my car rolled out. You never know what you may find on Craigslist.

3D215BC3-C683-4C5E-9019-61B57B3B2F2A.jpeg
Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
I concur about Craigslist being a viable option when hunting down any car. I just bought a 1982 TR8 on there as I wanted to emulate Carroll Shelby’s motto of small British car with a V8 engine and goes like hell. The VIN on this TR just happens to log it as the last TR8 ever made. I’m working with the British Historic Motors Heritage Trust right now and they have verified my engine is original to the car and are writing a letter to state that fact. The Triumph factory in Solihull closed the day my car rolled out. You never know what you may find on Craigslist.

Sounds like you need a different TR8 for your V8 project now…

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sounds like you need a different TR8 for your V8 project now…
I was going to say the same…. Especially if it has that heritage that can be confirmed. I’m sure once he gets the proper docs, he will be able to turn that car for a decent amount (if he wanted to), because TR8 fans will pay it with the historical significance.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Congratulations on such a cool find and really like the design of the TR8 aside from the ugly front and rear bumpers.

I recall back in 1986 at which time I was autocrossing a great deal and came up against many TR8's and despite their cool looks I found that the 3.5 L Buick V8 did not do too much for the performanc side but loved the terrific body design.

At the time I was campaining both a 1987 Mustang LX 5.0 along with a 1986 Dodge Omni GLH and found that I could be very competitive with the Triumph TR8 inspite of their small block V8 power.

I could be wrong but suggest that there were less than 3000 TR8's produced over the 4 year production run and if I recall correctly all of those TR8's came with a 5-speed manual transmission therefore very surprized that it did not do much better from a sales standpoint.

Finding a low mileage TR8 in todays market place is very difficult to say the least and to possibly have the very last production vehicle built for the 1982 MY is outstanding!!

:clap::clap:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Congratulations on such a cool find and really like the design of the TR8 aside from the ugly front and rear bumpers.

I recall back in 1986 at which time I was autocrossing a great deal and came up against many TR8's and despite their cool looks I found that the 3.5 L Buick V8 did not do too much for the performanc side but loved the terrific body design.

At the time I was campaining both a 1987 Mustang LX 5.0 along with a 1986 Dodge Omni GLH and found that I could be very competitive with the Triumph TR8 inspite of their small block V8 power.

I could be wrong but suggest that there were less than 3000 TR8's produced over the 4 year production run and if I recall correctly all of those TR8's came with a 5-speed manual transmission therefore very surprized that it did not do much better from a sales standpoint.

Finding a low mileage TR8 in todays market place is very difficult to say the least and to possibly have the very last production vehicle built for the 1982 MY is outstanding!!

Thank you! You always have some great historical and personal information to share. Yes, right around 2800 TR8s total production. I agree completely with your assessment of design and performance of the TR8. I had a 1980 TR7 I had bought new and that car REALLY lacked in the performance department. Like you, I also had a 1984 Dodge Omni GLH (blue with the cheese grater wheels and super low profile tires). I loved the eighties and get a chance to relive some of it. This final car came through Canada and into California where it lived for 18 years and then it changed hands a few times, but lived under the radar out of site until now. It's VIN (408405) is known as the last built by date. 3 later VIN cars were built earlier than this car and carry the 1981 model year designation as they were built in September not October. Only 69 cars carry the 1982 designation and they all went through Canada due to emission regulations of the time.
This TR8 has no rust that I can find. It has had one color change repaint and changed from fuel injection to carb. I have all of the original fuel injection parts to put it back if desired.
It really is a very special car and I'm enjoying working with it.

So, don’t discount Craigslist when hunting down good deals.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thank you! You always have some great historical and personal information to share. Yes, right around 2800 TR8s total production. I agree completely with your assessment of design and performance of the TR8. I had a 1980 TR7 I had bought new and that car REALLY lacked in the performance department. Like you, I also had a 1984 Dodge Omni GLH (blue with the cheese grater wheels and super low profile tires). I loved the eighties and get a chance to relive some of it. This final car came through Canada and into California where it lived for 18 years and then it changed hands a few times, but lived under the radar out of site until now. It's VIN (408405) is known as the last built by date. 3 later VIN cars were built earlier than this car and carry the 1981 model year designation as they were built in September not October. Only 69 cars carry the 1982 designation and they all went through Canada due to emission regulations of the time.
This TR8 has no rust that I can find. It has had one color change repaint and changed from fuel injection to carb. I have all of the original fuel injection parts to put it back if desired.
It really is a very special car and I'm enjoying working with it.

So, don’t discount Craigslist when hunting down good deals.
What great background and history on your car!

There were a fair number of TR8's in the Vancouver, B.C. area back in the middle to late 80's with a Silver example that I came up against quite often when autocrossing and it was set up pretty well from not only a suspension, braking and steering standpoint but I believe that litle 215 C.I. was also worked over with some cool aftermarket exhaust.

I could be wrong but I thought that the 3.5L Buick engine had an aluminum block?

I recall the cool FI units that came equipped on those cars which was pretty cool stuff for back in the late 70's and early 80's.

With respect to your VIN designation being lower than a few other earlier built cars, that is just another great example of where VIN's have nothing to do with a build sequence at almost all automobile assembly plants at least in North America.

Back in 2013 when I located the very first two 2012 Boss 302 Pilot Production cars with PP0001 being the first 2 seat Boss 302 and PP0002 being the first 4 seat Boss 302 it was interesting to note that the VIN on PP0001 was actually 2 numbers higher than PP0002 even though it was the first 2012 PP Boss 302 built.

After extensive research and obtaining some Ford documentation along with some Oasis Reports it was determined that PP0001 was built on Monday, October 25th, 2010 with PP0002 being built the next morning on Tuesday, October 26th, 2010.

Happy to hear that VIN 408405 was confirmed as the very last TR8 assembled in spite of having a lower VIN than a couple of other TR8's and was an example from the Great White North on top of that!

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Post it everywhere, I will include Car Gurus, and second Craigslist.
Sold a of stuff on CL, high dollar to.....

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350