2019 Mustang GT Auto Very Rough Idle/Engine Stall

inder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inderpal
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT CS
No WOT pulls. I'll suggest purge valve, cam check for being off tooth and catalytic converter checks.
Closing the loop on my issue. So, last time after a month and a half they replaced cam phasers, solenoids, pcm and i still had an issue of engine stalling. Well, this time they kept it for a week and a half and called Ford Engineer and guess what. They found a slit in the air hose to the filter, p/n fr3z-9b659-h. And now, car is all healthy and happy again. Thanks guys for all the support.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SHxTGUN

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Closing the loop on my issue. So, last time after a month and a half they replaced cam phasers, solenoids, pcm and i still had an issue of engine stalling. Well, this time they kept it for a week and a half and called Ford Engineer and guess what. They found a slit in the air hose to the filter, p/n fr3z-9b659-h. And now, car is all healthy and happy again. Thanks guys for all the support.
Thanks for letting us know the solution to your issue & glad you got it all taken care of!

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
That’s crazy I will be looking out for that to ! Here goes another repair for rough idle for future use

D991E477-9C6F-4750-B930-089C7F0D8AC7.jpeg
78220E7E-6593-442F-B0ED-22DDAD134EC1.jpeg

OP
OP
SHxTGUN

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
You ever solve your issue?
Well, for me, the issue hasn't really popped up in a very long time now. The last 'fix' was the solenoid cycle and I think I've had the issue once or twice since then, but as of this point now, it has been a very long time since I've had any of these issues so I haven't had to worry about it. I'm glad more and more people are posting in the thread on their specific issues and fixes and hopefully it can help anyone else out who is still experiencing this very annoying problem still.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Well had mine in today for this issue, mine doesnt happen often. The service guy and tech both observed the issue while I was there so no doubt they saw/felt it. They are struggling to get the the computers to dentist anything. Car has no codes. I like my crew at the dealer I work with, shoot they even fixed a dash rattle LOL. Anyway they said to monitor it and if it get worse bring it back. They did mention they have replaced solenoids but not any cam phasers. But they made sure to document it in official records in case something bad happens later. I only have 33K on it so whatever…..if it breaks they fix it. But I got an oil change also and all the way home “nothing” no idle issue, its a bit of a drive. We shall see……I might put a catch can on and get the TB cleaned as someone else did here.

OP
OP
SHxTGUN

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
This was done to solve my issues
Nice! So is your issue completely solved now? No more rough idling or any more stalls at all? How long has it been since you had these fixes?

Sponsored

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Nice! So is your issue completely solved now? No more rough idling or any more stalls at all? How long has it been since you had these fixes?
Shoot my bad i didn’t mean to put to solve my issues what i meant was this is what they did to try to fix it I haven’t had any issue yet but will see

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
My 2019 GT started having the erratic idle problem this Spring. I took it to the dealer and they performed no work, because they said they could not replicate it. It was fine until this last week, when it started idling even worse than before and actually stalled on me 4 times in stop and go, rush hour traffic. Talk about embarrassing. I just dropped it off this morning and they said they'll call me on Monday with an update.

I know this sort of thing being random (and throwing no codes) is hard to diagnose, but after reading the horror stories in this thread, I'm not hopeful that they'll work on it this time either, much less fix it. My warranty is up in a about 3 months and I'm not really sure what to do here. I guess I could trade it in, but I really like this car (aside from this issue). What should I do?

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
My 2019 GT started having the erratic idle problem this Spring. I took it to the dealer and they performed no work, because they said they could not replicate it. It was fine until this last week, when it started idling even worse than before and actually stalled on me 4 times in stop and go, rush hour traffic. Talk about embarrassing. I just dropped it off this morning and they said they'll call me on Monday with an update.

I know this sort of thing being random (and throwing no codes) is hard to diagnose, but after reading the horror stories in this thread, I'm not hopeful that they'll work on it this time either, much less fix it. My warranty is up in a about 3 months and I'm not really sure what to do here. I guess I could trade it in, but I really like this car (aside from this issue). What should I do?
Try to Lemon law it you still can before your warranty is up man this a very common issue on 18-19 gt even some 20’s do you know what built date is your stang? Or just trade it in and get another one these cars are hit or miss Im suprised ford hasn’t got sued for this

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Try to Lemon law it you still can before your warranty is up man this a very common issue on 18-19 gt even some 20’s do you know what built date is your stang? Or just trade it in and get another one these cars are hit or miss Im suprised ford hasn’t got sued for this
I told the service tech that I saw lots of internet threads on this issue and she said she's never heard of it before, which is a lie because it's the same gal I dropped my car off to the first time...

I'm not sure of the build date. I bought it 7/18 and it has less than 19k miles on it. I'm not even sure how to do the lemon law thing, as I've never done it before and I hope it doesn't come to that, because I'm not sure at this point that I'll replace it with another Mustang to be honest. My 2016 GT's AC compressor blew up before this car, so I just haven't had good luck lately. I should've just kept my GT500. :facepalm:

Loboman777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I told the service tech that I saw lots of internet threads on this issue and she said she's never heard of it before, which is a lie because it's the same gal I dropped my car off to the first time...

I'm not sure of the build date. I bought it 7/18 and it has less than 19k miles on it. I'm not even sure how to do the lemon law thing, as I've never done it before and I hope it doesn't come to that, because I'm not sure at this point that I'll replace it with another Mustang to be honest. My 2016 GT's AC compressor blew up before this car, so I just haven't had good luck lately. I should've just kept my GT500. :facepalm:
I would bring up the potential VCT solenoid issue. Ever since they replaced it, I’ve yet to have abnormal idles and stall outs.
Sponsored