Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I find it funny how this is MUSTANG forum and guys are defending a Camaro! Wtf 🙄

If y'all have such a hard on for the Camaro then sell your Mustang and GTFO!
I sold my Camaro for my current Mustang and have lots of seat time in both cars. Probably more seat time than anybody here. Didn't know there was anything to defend. I thought it was a good question from the OP and if I were him I would look at both. They are in direct competition whether you think so or not.

turbopk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pk
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT AT
I sold my Camaro for my current Mustang and have lots of seat time in both cars. Probably more seat time than anybody here. Didn't know there was anything to defend. I thought it was a good question from the OP and if I were him I would look at both. They are in direct competition whether you think so or not.
No one ever said they aren't in direct competition.

But when has Chevy won Le Mans?

Ford has an actual supercar, Ford GT, all chevy has is the vet, not even close to supercar status.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you haven't been paying attention...

Ford has an actual supercar, Ford GT, all chevy has is the vet, not even close to supercar status.
so? Just because Ford Racing made a passable car 50 years ago somehow translates into the goodness of Ford ever since? I think you have heatstroke. Please find a shady tree. And stay away from the Kool-Aid.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I just had my first real sprint vs a new LT1. Started behind but I'm not a fan of the chase-follow thing. Next light we were side by side. Looked like a mom and her daughter, I had my dad riding shotgun so even there. We gun it and I nosed up in first and second, then third we were literally dead even. It was actually really cool and a ton of fun listening to both v8s roar through the tall 3rd gear both cars have. Going off of the huge smile on the camaro's passenger and my dad, it was shared enjoyment.

The two are frighteningly close in performance in a straight line.

Before anyone bashes, it was a wide open 6 lane road without a soul in view. Living in the suburbs is a nice thing.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have quite of bit of seat time in both. My wife and I got an upgrade on our rental and granted, it was a 4 pot, but the Camaro's handling was sublime. While my Mustang handles well, it is not at the level at the Camaro. With mods, yes, it will be every bit the equal. Where the Camaro fell apart for me was the ergonomics of the interior, nothing was in the right place and the screen was tilted down, which made it really hard to use. There was also the pillbox visibility and those looks, the Camaro just doesn't look right. I drove the 5.0 again and the Coyote just is more fun than the LT, the interior is light years nicer, more comfortable, and I can see out of it. The Mustang is also one of the best looking new cars you can buy, period. It wasn't a hard choice, the Mustang won easily.

rsayers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium. 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
I had owned nothing but Japanese cars, as I approached 40, I had the urge for something legit fast. I cross shopped a lot of different cars, but when it came to the Camaro v Mustang, the interior had a lot to do with it. The Mustang was just a nicer place to be for me personally.

My GT is my daily, so I don't care that it might be theoretically faster or slower than some other car. Also... just look at it.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
For over fifty years the Mustang and Camaro have benefited from each other’s existence. Each has spurred the other to ever higher levels of performance.

Both would suffer if the other ceased to exist.

Both are marvels of engineering and world class cars that far exceed their predecessors of the sixties.

Strap yourself in a GT 350 and line up next to my SS 1LE and the better driver will win., whichever car he’s sitting in.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey

But when has Chevy won Le Mans?:shock:
You tell me when Ford last won it? Somebody was joking about Toyotas earlier.....

Stang565

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Can’t really compare pricing as of today on the deal you got back on your 18. I’ve literally called a half dozen dealers all of the country and all of them are marking up their 1SS 1 LE’s over MSRP. I’m having a hard time finding one for under 50k.
But I also agree with the pricing on the Mach 1’s being way to high to justify it.
I really waited for the wrong time to be buying a Camaro or Mustang. I hear stories of guys picking up their Bullitts for 42-43k brand new and now I have a local dealer selling a used one for 54k. Oh well, I think I’m just going to have to wait until next summer to pull the trigger.

I agree, better looking and more heritage in the Mach 1 for sure. Ergonomics and fit to finish, no, they're comparable.

Easier to live with, I don't know, I've daily driven my 1SS 1LE for over 50,000 miles and I have no complaints.

Performance, the Camaro SS 1LE wins in every metric, and I got my 2018 new out the door for just over $40K. Try to do that with a Mach 1.

Because GM marketing sucks. The naming of Camaro models is downright stupid, with pretty much zero heritage. Where is the Z28, where is the COPO, where is the Yenko? Instead we get LT1, 1LT, 2LT, BS I call it.

Depends on what you want in a car. I would prefer Camaro SS 1LE performance and price in a car that looks like a GT 350, but you can't get that.

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
The Camaro was just so much less practical and usable. I'm a tall guy (6'4) and it was just too hard to even see out of it. Shame, cause the suspension in the Camaro is sensational.

Didn't help that the 2019 Camaro got the new and "improved" front end....

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Coming out of a 20 year love affair with an E36 M3, I had high expectations for what I wanted. Drove most everything 40 - 50K, Including several trims of the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang, Ă nd a ton of other cars new and used.

Ended in a 2020 Bullitt new for $44k and mostly love it. Would like a bit more steering feel, but the rest of the car is sublime (other than being a Ford).

Why not the Camaro? I HATED the interior, controls, visibility, and that "to me" it has a cartoonish gimmicky look to everything. Really wanted to like it, but the exclusiveness and overall balance of looks, comfort, performance, and usability of the Bullitt won the day. If I hadn't bought the Bullitt, if a Mustang, it would have been a destriped GT350.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
We’re getting close to 1500 posts guy and girls. Keep up the good work.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

Love her poetry almost as much as her firearms. Hope she doesn't mind my bastardization.