Sponsored

GT350 owners - should I consider buying this one?

Deleted member 35775

.... only concern was centered around having to wait for ... Mach 1 to be built and admittedly being impatient .....
this^^ describes my delimma: fully loaded velocity blue, MT, HP, Mach 1 vs Tech Pkg '20 (1 owner) GT350 (immediately available). Once I heard the 350 engine and drove it, I chose the 350, and it's my is daily-driver. @OP, whatever your choice, enjoy it!
Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Engine failure research was done by a firm , by memory 23 sources were used . Coyote engine replacement 1.6% , GT350, 1.6% . BMW over3% . It was on our forum last year .(mine is original w 8k miles built5/24/2015) So using my non perfect memory. GLWYM1 đź‘Źđź‘Ť

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What I was looking to see was if 99% of GT350 owners who responded would say things like "don't worry about engine failures, I've never had a problem with my car, there's little risk in buying a 4 year old GT350 with no warranty". Reading about and driving them had me already convinced that they were comparable enough cars that I'd enjoy driving the GT350 under the right circumstances, mostly financial and risk-averse.
Suggest that you go back and reread your original post as it was clearly centered around the possibly of purchasing a virtually brand new 2016 GT350 after which time many experienced and knowledgeable members provided you with their thoughts on that car.

If you wanted feedback from us experienced GT350 owners with respect to a possible engine failure, oil consumption, warranty risk and other possible issues I certainly did not get that from your post and it seemed that everything centered around your interest in the 465 mile 2016 GT350 that was for sale.

FWIW, I have had numerous GT350/R's and have never had an oil consumption issue or an engine failures and have aggressively driven every one of them including my 2015 GT350 Tech Pack car which has close to 14,000 miles on it and is an outstanding vehicle to drive peacefully or aggressively whichever comes first.

Going forward I would suggest that something for you to keep in mind is the future resale value of your 2021 Mach 1 sometime down the road versus a GT350/R from any of the 6 model years.

You can bet that 2 to 5 years from now or even longer that the resale value of your 2021 Mach 1 will depreciate very quickly compared to a 2nd generation GT350 therefore that is something that is always good to keep in mind from a value standpoint.

Good luck with your new Mach 1 and hope that it shows up sooner than later!! :fingerscrossed:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Jesus I can't even ask for opinions anymore, everyone's so friggin sensitive, and trollish is the last thing on my mind. Sorry I even brought it up. Should have learned from seeing people's reactions in the "why the Mach 1 is a ripoff" thread.
I've done nothing but say it's good. You just seem wishy washy and impatient. Burning others time for a choice already made. It's like we couldn't satisfy you. You want me to say this?: The Mach will never be a GT350. It's a parts bin car... Or did you want everyone in the GT350 group to explain how they wish they had waited for a Mach 1 because it's such a better deal? Good luck with that!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If its a tech pack, pass. If this was already stated, sorry, but I didnt read all 6 pages.
thanks for your continued wisdom. As always. Am I going to follow your lines at Sonoma end of this month with SAAC?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The earlier post about GT350 selling prices being way high right now is spot on.
2018 GT350, 1200 miles Ruby was 48k ask in summer of 2019. New -Rs were being sold for 5-7000 off the showroom floor during the spring and into the summer.

Just because the current pricing is asinine doesn't mean it will last. Once the drugs wear off the prices will come plummeting back down to reality.

Last edited:

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Suggest that you go back and reread your original post as it was clearly centered around the possibly of purchasing a virtually brand new 2016 GT350 after which time many experienced and knowledgeable members provided you with their thoughts on that car.

If you wanted feedback from us experienced GT350 owners with respect to a possible engine failure, oil consumption, warranty risk and other possible issues I certainly did not get that from your post and it seemed that everything centered around your interest in the 465 mile 2016 GT350 that was for sale.

FWIW, I have had numerous GT350/R's and have never had an oil consumption issue or an engine failures and have aggressively driven every one of them including my 2015 GT350 Tech Pack car which has close to 14,000 miles on it and is an outstanding vehicle to drive peacefully or aggressively whichever comes first.

Going forward I would suggest that something for you to keep in mind is the future resale value of your 2021 Mach 1 sometime down the road versus a GT350/R from any of the 6 model years.

You can bet that 2 to 5 years from now or even longer that the resale value of your 2021 Mach 1 will depreciate very quickly compared to a 2nd generation GT350 therefore that is something that is always good to keep in mind from a value standpoint.

Good luck with your new Mach 1 and hope that it shows up sooner than later!! :fingerscrossed:
Sooo if paid $$$$ and it goes up in value? Am I driving a free Hi-Performance GT350R? Hagerty did their due diligence had a meeting came came up with a 99,000 replacement for my GT350R. Harry, your HEP is up 20k over what the MSRP Was , or more. Congratulations. 🍾 I’m glad I got mine . Now for some front PPF so it stays handsome!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
thanks for your continued wisdom. As always. Am I going to follow your lines at Sonoma end of this month with SAAC?
I say this because the tech trans and diff had no coolers. This lead to many non track limp mode issues and it would be very expensive to add a new trans and diff coolers to oem spec. Yes, there were aftermarket cooling designs, but they were half ass fixes that were mot as good as the oem track pack equivalent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
A wise man once said it is the responsibility of the sender to ensure that the receiver understands the message. If my intent was misunderstood I apologize, and also apologize for wasting everyone’s time. Enjoy your 350’s, they are great machines.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
nothing goes up in value until the buyer's check clears. Anything else is conjecture and wishful thinking.
correct ; my last Shelby buyer’s checks cleared and it went up 128,000.00 from what I had into it . “ wishful thinking and conjecture ? Please be nice

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
I say this because the tech trans and diff had no coolers. This lead to many non track limp mode issues and it would be very expensive to add a new trans and diff coolers to oem spec. Yes, there were aftermarket cooling designs, but they were half ass fixes that were mot as good as the oem track pack equivalent.
Most tech/base 2016 owners haven't had any troubles. Persistent high RPMs push the temps, and unless you plan on going to jail, not happening on regular roads. (yes, I'm know there have been exceptions, but it's atypical)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Most tech/base 2016 owners haven't had any troubles. Persistent high RPMs push the temps, and unless you plan on going to jail, not happening on regular roads. (yes, I'm know there have been exceptions, but it's atypical)
Oh, ok.... i guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Before I go, there is a reason that ford made it mandatory for trans and diff coolers on 17 and above.

Have fun.
Sponsored