Sponsored

GT350 owners - should I consider buying this one?

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
There is no question in my mind that the OP had his mind made up to go with purchasing a Mach 1 prior to setting up this thread late last week and I get all that. :like:

His only concern was centered around having to wait for his Mach 1 to be built and admittedly being impatient and not so much about the possibility of pursuing a GT350 therefore his mind had already been made up.
O wise Harry; are you signed up for the Sonoma/SAAC event? Iā€™m towing there ā€œ lets get ready to RUMBLEā€?
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
O wise Harry; are you signed up for the Sonoma/SAAC event? Iā€™m towing there ā€œ lets get ready to RUMBLEā€?
Jim, would be terrific to see you there but unfortunately I will be out of the country as I believe this cool event happens around the end of this month if I recall correctly?

One of these days we hopefully we can hook up and if fact we will be in Spokane early next week so never say never. :fingerscrossed:

What a great event that will be and hope that you have an outstanding time and stay safe!

:clap:

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
There is no question in my mind that the OP had his mind made up to go with purchasing a Mach 1 prior to setting up this thread late last week and I get all that. :like:

His only concern was centered around having to wait for his Mach 1 to be built and admittedly being impatient and not so much about the possibility of pursuing a GT350 therefore his mind had already been made up.
I posted wondering if people knowledgeable in GT350's would be able to convince me that it would be a better option to buy a used GT350 now than wait for the Mach 1 on order. So far that hasn't been the case... maybe 12 months ago when used prices weren't so high it would have been an easier sell.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I posted wondering if people knowledgeable in GT350's would be able to convince me that it would be a better option to buy a used GT350 now than wait for the Mach 1 on order. So far that hasn't been the case... maybe 12 months ago when used prices weren't so high it would have been an easier sell.
Get the Mach. I think others hit the nail on the head about you already having made up your mind before posting. Tried to compare a few things and even say the Mach is a great car but honestly, this is starting to feel a little trollish.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Since you have read many automotive comparison articles between the GT350 and the new Mach 1 and have driven both the GT350 and the new Mach 1 along with understanding past and current pricing for the GT350, I am not sure what we were to convince you of? :idea:

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Get the Mach. I think others hit the nail on the head about you already having made up your mind before posting. Tried to compare a few things and even say the Mach is a great car but honestly, this is starting to feel a little trollish.
Jesus I can't even ask for opinions anymore, everyone's so friggin sensitive, and trollish is the last thing on my mind. Sorry I even brought it up. Should have learned from seeing people's reactions in the "why the Mach 1 is a ripoff" thread.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Since you have read many automotive comparison articles between the GT350 and the new Mach 1 and have driven both the GT350 and the new Mach 1 along with understanding past and current pricing for the GT350, I am not sure what we were to convince you of? :idea:
What I was looking to see was if 99% of GT350 owners who responded would say things like "don't worry about engine failures, I've never had a problem with my car, there's little risk in buying a 4 year old GT350 with no warranty". Reading about and driving them had me already convinced that they were comparable enough cars that I'd enjoy driving the GT350 under the right circumstances, mostly financial and risk-averse.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Two Fords made it into Car and Driverā€™s 10 G.O.A.T. I worked hard to achieve my GT350R and now I found out itā€™s a GOAT. The sum of a performance car can be found at Laguna Seca where a GT350R ran almost 136.flat . The old fashion way of testing these cars like road & track is zero to sixty and the skid pad and breaking feet. . Unfortunately some people think that is how they can tell how well it will perform. Nope. I think that most on this GT350 thread understand the limited availability Shelby will win at the resale race as well. Yes your initial investment is higher. But cost is what you paid vs what you sold it for .also the new Mach1 purchaser will have a used car when he parks it in his garage

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)