Sponsored

Best driving roads for a Mustang in your state?

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Go a little further north of Bennington and there is the Mt Equinox toll road. I've never driven it but I suspect it's a great time too.... @Kurt in VT appears to be in the neighborhood and might have some insight.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/4024-equinox-mountain.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox_Mountain

ps I ride my bicycle up and down these roads, talk about a rush! :D
I bet…especially on Equinox

Pre-Covid we spent a weekend Lake George and took the ferry across at Ticonderoga into Vermont. Rt 4 & Rt 7 area and stopped at Mt Equinox on the way home…Also stopped at Blue Benn Diner in Bennington which is a must.
Sponsored

Kurt in VT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota 4Runner
I used to work up in Readsboro and I can agree with this except for amount of speed enforcement except on US 7 in my experience and even that is sparse.
Yeah, “heavy“ speed enforcement may not have been the best description. “Enthusiastic“ speed enforcement would have been a better choice of words.

We moved to VT from FL, and no one in the Sunshine State gets written for less than 15 over. Here, 10 over is pushing your luck - especially if you have out-of-state plates. And yes, I do speak from firsthand experience…

Kurt in VT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
I‘m in New Jersey so pretty much anywhere but here😁
There are some stretches in western part of state near PA or north near NY But most is too congested.
Google “Mahlon Dickerson Reservation.” I moved out of the area in ‘07, but the road that went through there was a lot of fun.

Kurt in VT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Go a little further north of Bennington and there is the Mt Equinox toll road. I've never driven it but I suspect it's a great time too.... @Kurt in VT appears to be in the neighborhood and might have some insight.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/4024-equinox-mountain.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox_Mountain

ps I ride my bicycle up and down these roads, talk about a rush! :D
Equinox is an expensive road to drive - I think the fee is around $20 per car. The road surface is rough (at least it was the last time I was there), and it’s hard to get a clean run up the mountain without encountering tourists. The way down the mountain will definitely give your brakes a workout. It is impressively steep.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Google “Mahlon Dickerson Reservation.” I moved out of the area in ‘07, but the road that went through there was a lot of fun.
Thanks. Around 35 mi from home. Haven’t been up there in a few years but nice area

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Have you been down near West Point and hit Storm King, Seven Lakes, Bear Mountain, and the Goat Trail (202)?
Many times and that’s Orange County N.Y.
I like Ulster County better. Less populated with Woodstock, Hunter Mtn, Saugerties and anything North is all mountain roads and lots of cool places to cruise . Lake George, Lake Placid and all that as well. Most people think upstate NY is all populated like NYC and it’s really not.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
There are a number of good roads in the Ozarks, down in the southern part of the state.

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I‘m in New Jersey so pretty much anywhere but here😁
There are some stretches in western part of state near PA or north near NY But most is too congested.
Yeah New Jersey sucks until you get to Sussex & Warren Counties but like you said too many people and too much traffic.

GTguy0130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
My fav is AZ is state highway 260 from I-17 to Happy Jack Mustang Gas station and restaurant on state Highway 87. For real - they call it Mustang Gas.

Sponsored

Grayden4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grayden
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT/CS, 2011 F350, 2019 Mustang GT PPL2
I always enjoyed CA-178 between Bakersfield and the Ridgecrest area. In my area of the world, most back roads are long straights followed by a 90 degree turn (lot-line roads), and we have no real elevation changes thanks to the glaciers.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Going north on the 101fwy Entering Santa Barbara take the San Marcos Pass 154 , up over the mountain range dropping into Solvang . You can stop at the stage coach in where there is a road were two lanes go into one over a bridge as well under the oaks.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Any road but the interstate. Lots of construction and loose debris and rocks. By me 480 in Bullitt Co Ky is a fun one.
Sponsored