Sponsored

How many miles can you get street driving cup 2's?

sean p

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 Velocity blue w/black stripe
Hi,
Tried to look on here, but couldn't find any relevant info on it. Was wondering how many miles to expect on cup 2's strictly street driving?
I figured the ps4's are the way to go for replacements after, but just curious how long the cup 2's can last without track time. ~2500 miles on cup 2's currently.
Any info is help!
Thanks!
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Buddy got 15,000 out of his pilot cup 2 FP spec tires, they were obviously bald by that point. Personally if this is your only vehicle as soon as the outside groove becomes bald, you'll likely want to replace it if your driving it in the rain. If it's only driven when there is sunlight then run it bald.
Example below demonstrates when you should change them out if driven in the rain, it's your own discretion. These will be strictly used for the track and only on sunny days with 0 rain on the forecast.
1624991505645.png

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
11000 on my first set - but the rears had cords showing.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Your problem wonā€™t be the miles, but the street...as the tires wear out they are WAY more unforgiving to any moisture on the driving surface.

I got almost 10k out of mine, but went on a canyon drive one morning and ā€œfoundā€œ some frost that was melting...almost put the car into the guardrail :crazy:

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hi,
Tried to look on here, but couldn't find any relevant info on it. Was wondering how many miles to expect on cup 2's strictly street driving?
I figured the ps4's are the way to go for replacements after, but just curious how long the cup 2's can last without track time. ~2500 miles on cup 2's currently.
Any info is help!
Thanks!
I had always heard 10 hrs of track time or 7,000 milesā€¦. But Iā€™m honestly impressed with the last two posts. Stillā€¦ probably less than half of PSSā€™s

Sponsored

OP
OP
sean p

sean p

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 Velocity blue w/black stripe
Thanks guys, It's my daily for the moment while its summer and a little into fall. Will be buying a truck type of vehicle for the bad months here soon hopefully.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Currently at 83xx miles with 100% street and hwy driving on my R cup 2's. Don't think they'll pass the next inspection due in April 2022. So I'll probably go PS4's before that in the spring.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Remember there are two different compounds when speaking of Cup 2 tires as OE equipment on GT350s.

The GT350ā€™s 2019 and 2020 Cup 2 compound is more durable.

The GT350Rā€™s Cup 2 tires are a much softer compound that is ā€œthe stickiest compound that Ford is willing to put on a carā€, as a Ford engineer described them.

For a GT350R 16000 miles on the front with a track day.

Rearā€”I have one original rear tire that is still holding out. May reach 20,000 on it before I have to change it.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I got 11,000 miles out of the OEM Cup 2's............ switched to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and currently have put 17,000 miles on this set of Super Sports and I am getting close to the wear-bars. I have 1/16" to the wear bars and 3/16" to the bottom of the tread depth.
I am almost to the "bald" point again.

Damn.................... I love this car...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
They say 5k-10K, depending on your street driving. The biggest problem is when getting the car inspected, a service tech unfamilar with these tires, will tell you they're bald and you need new tires.
Had that when I went to get a flat fixed. They told me my tires were almost bald, and need new tires. I told them they're new, and have only 2K miles on them. That's how the tires look new. Then they tried to tell me the tires are 3 yrs old, and should be replaced anyway. I told them I spoke to Michellin, and they said the tires are good for at least 6yrs. Uneducated service techs :facepalm:

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Thanks guys, It's my daily for the moment while its summer and a little into fall. Will be buying a truck type of vehicle for the bad months here soon hopefully.
I got 5,500 miles on mine with no track use

Jeffsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2008
They say 5k-10K, depending on your street driving. The biggest problem is when getting the car inspected, a service tech unfamilar with these tires, will tell you they're bald and you need new tires.
Had that when I went to get a flat fixed. They told me my tires were almost bald, and need new tires. I told them they're new, and have only 2K miles on them. That's how the tires look new. Then they tried to tell me the tires are 3 yrs old, and should be replaced anyway. I told them I spoke to Michellin, and they said the tires are good for at least 6yrs. Uneducated service techs :facepalm:
Agree . Same thing happened to me on my first oil change. Had to show them the treadware marks. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

DaveJP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Same here...5500 miles of street driving on Cup 2's
Sponsored