Sky006

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sky
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Hey guys,

My dealership is recommending replacing 2 of my tires which are under 4 tread depth. can you suggest to me some good tires? Also, do you guys recommend replacing all4 at once? I keep hearing that it is good to replace all at once.
Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Depends on your budget and intended use. Michellins PS4 are probably the best all around summer tire. If you want to do more research, I suggest going to TireRack.com for plenty of options and reviews.

Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'd also recommend staying with the same tire brand and model if you're switching just 2. Otherwise get all 4. Reason being is that each tire manufacturer will have different sizing as well as grip characteristics. You'll probably be ok if you just stick with 2 same tires per axle, but definitely don't rotate them such that you have different tires left and right.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sky006

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sky
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
I'd also recommend staying with the same tire brand and model if you're switching just 2. Otherwise get all 4. Reason being is that each tire manufacturer will have different sizing as well as grip characteristics. You'll probably be ok if you just stick with 2 same tires per axle, but definitely don't rotate them such that you have different tires left and right.
Got it. Thank you 😊

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Aslong as the tire depth is close to the pair you are matching it to then your fine.

If its rears then you can do both rears and be fine. However if it is just one front and one rear then I dont recommend just changing one of each unless it is necessary for instance there is no stock and your stuck having to do it because you need the car to get home etc (rare cases).

Michelin 4S are solid tires to go with. Pricey yes but worth it.

1stBluesCup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '07 Miata MX-5, 2006 Tundra SR5
if you're on a budget, try Firestone Indy 500's. they're good performance tires (wouldn't recommend frequent rain driving), they last long, quiet, and you can run them on the track if you stay in the Novice class because they're not as grippy as the 200 treadwear track tires.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
if you're on a budget, try Firestone Indy 500's. they're good performance tires (wouldn't recommend frequent rain driving), they last long, quiet, and you can run them on the track if you stay in the Novice class because they're not as grippy as the 200 treadwear track tires.

I will second the Indy 500 as well. They are a solid choice in rubber.

Sponsored

bergdon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
My car has Michelin PS4's that I got from 4wheelonline last March. The traction on dry and wet roads is sufficient for everyday use. They are comfortable and smooth on the highway. Also, the grip on hard corners is good. The only negative thing about them is the price.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Continental ECS has unbelievably strong wet grip and is not worse than the Indy 500 in the dry. Probably better.

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
Don't know your tire size, but I've had good results with the Toyo Extensa Hp 2's. Check them out!

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Conti ECS

Better than ps4s on wet and slightly better than pss on dry. Also cheaper than michelins.

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Michelin

Many opt for the very grippy high performance summer tire models, such as the Pilot Sport 4S

I went for the high performance all-seasons as they are greatly superior in wear and have much greater surface condition-versatility, and that I do not track my car I seldom encounter driving scenarios where the reduced grip has been a concern. Also note on this that nearly all high performance European sports sedans are stock-equipped with high performance all-seasons.

I understand that Mustangs have a relatively high accident rate related to traction issues, apparently arising from suspension/weight distribution/tire issues that do not get adequately respected by their drivers

I have Michelin Pilot® Sport A/S 3+ (XL 103Y UTQG: 500 AA A) on my square set-up 19” x 10” rims - tire size 285/35ZR19.

…OK, so sometimes I do wish I had the Pilot Sport 4S, and my current tires have me being more conservative with my taking of curves, but I nonet know I made the best decision for myself
Sponsored