Car cut out at the top of 5th

Sandro6454

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 401A
I’m going to get a log tomorrow but I did a pull on the freeway today the car felt good I did 2 pulls one with advance trac off from 4th and the other with traction off from 3rd the pull with just traction off the car cut out power bad at the top of 5th at 6500 RPM and the advance trac flashed weird but is that fuel related or did it lose traction at 120 lol
Sponsored

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I’m going to get a log tomorrow but I did a pull on the freeway today the car felt good I did 2 pulls one with advance trac off from 4th and the other with traction off from 3rd the pull with just traction off the car cut out power bad at the top of 5th at 6500 RPM and the advance trac flashed weird but is that fuel related or did it lose traction at 120 lol
tell me why this just happened to me lol my car also doesnt startup right away anymore cranks a little and then turns on. Only thing i changed was blow off valve, advance trac flashes and cuts me off , nose dives.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
There are over a dozen reasons the pcm could cut power. Without logging throttle angle, torque source, spark source, etc it’s impossible to say.

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
There are over a dozen reasons the pcm could cut power. Without logging throttle angle, torque source, spark source, etc it’s impossible to say.
I was told by my tuner to disconnect the actual traction control plug in engine bay. I will be relogging. Weird that i logged but my ngauge didnt really record anyways.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
There’s a fuse for traction control and pulling it will disable it all

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Nah, all the plugs and fuses do is disable the wheel speed sensors. The tc coding still is in the computer and can still cut throttle even with no speed sensors. Ask me how I know….

But again, without good log data it’s all just speculation.

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
It worked, pulled plug and ran strong again. Still logged it and sent it to tuner to get it looked at for safety
Sponsored