Sponsored

Does anybody know how the Track Attack GT350s had their seats setup? They were recaro styled seats but still had heating/cooling

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I went to the track attack a few weeks ago and I just realized that the Track Attack GT350s had a recaro styled seat with a harness but it still had the cooling and heating function. The seats were not the stock leather ones. I don't know what kind they were but there were like some type of racing seat.

Skipping out on heated and cooled seats is a nogo for me so the recaro seats were a hard pass, but I didn't know it was possible to setup a racing seat with the seating ventilation. Wondering how they did it.
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I went to the track attack a few weeks ago and I just realized that the Track Attack GT350s had a recaro styled seat with a harness but it still had the cooling and heating function. The seats were not the stock leather ones. I don't know what kind they were but there were like some type of racing seat.

Skipping out on heated and cooled seats is a nogo for me so the recaro seats were a hard pass, but I didn't know it was possible to setup a racing seat with the seating ventilation. Wondering how they did it.
Have a picture of one of the seats by chance? When I was there a year ago, they were standard Recaro's (which are not heated and cooled.) Its pretty easy to add heat to any seat, but the cooled portion is much more difficult and requires perforations in the material. It's possible that the car you were driving was ordered with heated and cooled seats, then they swapped to Recaro seats (or some other kind of race seat.). The buttons may be there but I highly doubt those options worked.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch

A quick google turned this up. https://www.autobahnpower.com/recaroseats/recaroergonomicseats/product_recaro-orthoped_19056.aspx

A Recaro orthopedic seat with heating and cooling, which I didnt know existed. Not the sportiest looking seat, but its probably more comfortable than the gt350 Recaro's (based on the Recaro sportster GT.)

OP
OP
RPDBlueMoon

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Have a picture of one of the seats by chance? When I was there a year ago, they were standard Recaro's (which are not heated and cooled.) Its pretty easy to add heat to any seat, but the cooled portion is much more difficult and requires perforations in the material. It's possible that the car you were driving was ordered with heated and cooled seats, then they swapped to Recaro seats (or some other kind of race seat.). The buttons may be there but I highly doubt those options worked.
Sadly I don't have any direct pictures of the seats. There is a seat in the classroom that I can vividly remember, I wish I snapped a pic of it. I only have 2 pictures but they are both kinda shitty.

Unless I am wrong I thought the reacro seats were all red? The seats say GT350 so maybe the regular GT350 doesn't get the red recaros?

Okay thats what I was thinking, I can't really confirm if the cooled seat button was actually working, I had the AC on full blast and had alot of adrenaline pumping so I really wasn't focused on the small sensations. I only payed attention to my car so didn't really know what the other cars were like.

Track Attack1.jpg

Track Attack 2.jpg

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Sadly I don't have any direct pictures of the seats. There is a seat in the classroom that I can vividly remember, I wish I snapped a pic of it. I only have 2 pictures but they are both kinda shitty.

Unless I am wrong I thought the reacro seats were all red? The seats say GT350 so maybe the regular GT350 doesn't get the red recaros?

Okay thats what I was thinking, I can't really confirm if the cooled seat button was actually working, I had the AC on full blast and had alot of adrenaline pumping so I really wasn't focused on the small sensations. I only payed attention to my car so didn't really know what the other cars were like.

Track Attack1.jpg

Track Attack 2.jpg
Yup, those are standard 350 Recaro's. The stitching has changed slightly through the years. The red stitching is specific to the 350R if memory serves me correctly.

Heres a screenshot from a video I made of the Recaro they used for demo purposes (one in the garage and one in the classroom.). Its a Recaro race seat, not sure of the model.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 2.08.18 PM.png

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The buttons may be on the dash, but I doubt they do anything. All GT350's have the buttons, whether deluxe or Recaro seats. I was there last month. Certainly the a/c worked, and was a pleasure while sitting in the car while waiting on pit row. But as soon as we started going, I turned it off for maximum power.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
The buttons may be on the dash, but I doubt they do anything. All GT350's have the buttons, whether deluxe or Recaro seats. I was there last month. Certainly the a/c worked, and was a pleasure while sitting in the car while waiting on pit row. But as soon as we started going, I turned it off for maximum power.
A/C......that was not an option in July of 2020 for any of our 350's nor the race prepared GT's the next day. I came out much lighter after those two days.....

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
A/C......that was not an option in July of 2020 for any of our 350's nor the race prepared GT's the next day. I came out much lighter after those two days.....
The 2019+ have A/C. It's disabled in the earlier (2016) MYs.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'll say the purpose of factory recaros are the following benefits
1) You ain't going anywhere in them
2) You just saved 20 lbs per chair

I was shocked to see how much the lazyboy seats weighed. Now if you don't care about those savings then yeah find some trashed convenience seats and go visit an upholstery shop and let them do their magic.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
Just returned from the 350 trackattack recently - standard recaro's. No heating or cooling other than the windows of the car.

GT350HE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reggie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I was just there last week and the car I was in had the button for heated and cooled seats. So it probably came with that option and the other seats and they swapped in the recaro seats. The buttons did light up but didn't do anything. Kind of like you have the parking brake but the cable is pulled. These cars are just for tracking so not all features are there. I was surprised they left the AC functional.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'll say the purpose of factory recaros are the following benefits
1) You ain't going anywhere in them
2) You just saved 20 lbs per chair

I was shocked to see how much the lazyboy seats weighed. Now if you don't care about those savings then yeah find some trashed convenience seats and go visit an upholstery shop and let them do their magic.
Is there really a 20 lb difference? When I swapped seats a few months ago I didn’t feel much of a difference between the two.
Sponsored