Sponsored

Pulled over for/gotten a ticket for stock GT350/R exhaust?

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
My presumption is that the exhaust baffles are similar in nature to the 6th gear. Both get you to a requirement. One for sound and one for fuel economy. But I’d be damned if my car is louder than the high school kids with the Jacked up pick-ups with cherry bomb exhausts.
Sponsored

GjWinburn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Mustang GT/CS
My presumption is that the exhaust baffles are similar in nature to the 6th gear. Both get you to a requirement. One for sound and one for fuel economy. But I’d be damned if my car is louder than the high school kids with the Jacked up pick-ups with cherry bomb exhausts.
High school kids trucks are the loudest things down here in FL, True Dual’d catless straight pipes and squatted.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
High school kids trucks are the loudest things down here in FL, True Dual’d catless straight pipes and squatted.
I'm officially old, I know, but "Squatted" trucks is a trend I just do not get. Lowrider, lifted, sure. "One of each, please?" Nope.

I had a friend in HS with a straight-piped Tahoe and that thing was annoying AF. But it did sound good from 3 blocks away.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I'm officially old, I know, but "Squatted" trucks is a trend I just do not get. Lowrider, lifted, sure. "One of each, please?" Nope.

I had a friend in HS with a straight-piped Tahoe and that thing was annoying AF. But it did sound good from 3 blocks away.
Squatted? Is that the douchemobile's driving around? The lowered 4x's? Guys driving around with their tow mirrors extended? I'm old too, but i know a douchebag when i see them.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Squatted? Is that the douchemobile's driving around? The lowered 4x's? Guys driving around with their tow mirrors extended? I'm old too, but i know a douchebag when i see them.
24jcg6jbaw841.jpg

Dropped in back, lifted in front. So not only can the driver not see sh*t, but they also have crap steering and braking. It's brilliant. :-/

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I deal with police officers on a daily basis. Yes, they do get 2 hours minimum of overtime for showing up for court. At least the departments that I deal with.
The skeptic in me that’s the motivator to write a knowingly bogus ticket..

5 years driving a stock exhaust in various modes- I’m respectful with my neighbors and community. Typically if I see a cop and the valves are open, I’ll close them up.

Why subject myself to an armed encounter?

Last edited:
OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
24jcg6jbaw841.jpg

Dropped in back, lifted in front. So not only can the driver not see sh*t, but they also have crap steering and braking. It's brilliant. :-/
I don't think I've seen this here in Central Wisconsin. Thank god. This looks ridiculous

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I don't think I've seen this here in Central Wisconsin. Thank god. This looks ridiculous
you mean the Carolina Lean hasnt made it up there yet...well I wonder why not :cwl:

I don’t know why this has suddenly become a thing, the Louisiana boys have been doin it since the 90s...and it was just as dumb then as it is now.

it STARTED even further back with Baja trucks set up that way, and all the street guys thought it made them faster 🙃

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
In my area, I don’t know of anyone getting pulled over or ticketed for a loud exhaust. I think most cops in my area are car guys. Had a few check out my car at a gas station, and not looking for infractions type of looking. Talked about cars for 10-15 minutes. Had one pull up beside me at a red light, told me he loved it and asked me to rev it. Gave me a thumbs up and said it sounded bad ass.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The skeptic in me that’s the motivator to write a knowingly bogus ticket..

5 years driving a stock exhaust in various modes- I’m respectful with my neighbors and community. Typically if I see a cop and the valves are open, I’ll close them up.

Why subject myself to an armed encounter?
Wow, that last comment is surprising. I’ve always looked at encounters with the police as a positive thing, that’s how I was raised and it’s worked out positively for 62 years. Besides there is a high percentage of legally armed citizens in my county.
Our Sheriff is a great guy, unless your a criminal.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Wow, that last comment is surprising. I’ve always looked at encounters with the police as a positive thing, that’s how I was raised and it’s worked out positively for 62 years. Besides there is a high percentage of legally armed citizens in my county.
I get it.
I’ve worked closely with LEO and count some as friends however the last time I got pulled over, the trooper kept his hand on his gun throughout the initial questioning as I sat with both hands on top of my steering wheel. Made me think if I wasn’t a white guy driving a Tacoma, what the possibilities could be - all things considered.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Oh what I would give to be in OC for that permit! Though I hear our Sheriff in LA is issuing now!

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Unless you want to jack up your GT350 at the side of the road I'm not sure how a PO would be able to see your exhaust well enough to know whether or not the exhaust is stock.
I think that any cop who writes a ticket for loud exhaust and isn't backing up the charge by using an A-weighted sound meter is going to lose.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
you mean the Carolina Lean hasnt made it up there yet...well I wonder why not :cwl:

I don’t know why this has suddenly become a thing, the Louisiana boys have been doin it since the 90s...and it was just as dumb then as it is now.

it STARTED even further back with Baja trucks set up that way, and all the street guys thought it made them faster 🙃
Funny reading this because I just saw an article on yahoo talking about this exact thing and NC is outlawing it. No more then 3" from factory on the front and 2" from factory on the rear.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article251983208.html

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I live in CA I was pulled over in my 19 R for loud exhaust and I went back and forth with him about it. He was a motorcycle cop I said you are more than welcome to look under the car I paid 100k {white lie lol }for the dam car I'm not about to cut it up!!! he took off his helmet and looked and yelled holy crap you're tires are bald dude I then had to explain the whole car to him at wich point he said oh its a race car its not legal to drive on the street. I said you can google it now..... or later and look silly in court. he said well........ I have never seen one and we are out busting mustangs camaros and chargers for loud exhaust
Sponsored