Sponsored

Pulled over for/gotten a ticket for stock GT350/R exhaust?

carpenj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Correct.

Do people here really think Ford sells a car with an exhaust not legal in all 50 states?
Well, it sounds like everyone here is saying the GT350 isn't necessarily legal in all 50 states (or at least close enough to get ticketed and have to waste time/money in court). I mean that's literally what this entire thread is about lol.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it sounds like everyone here is saying the GT350 isn't necessarily legal in all 50 states (or at least close enough to get ticketed and have to waste time/money in court). I mean that's literally what this entire thread is about lol.
I had a friend who modified his (headers, etc) and he cannot get the inspection to pass. If you leave it stock you do not have to worry. Although I have heard of R owners being denied at Track events due to decibel meter limits that are enforced....

LV_CarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2003 Lotus Esprit, 2018 M5 First Edition, 2017 Audi A7
Never been pulled over for any exhaust issues. However, there are two things being talked about here. Emissions compliance and sound ordinances. They are not the same.

emissions is all compliant with stock exhaust. Period.

for sound, that depends on where you live, if you have the baffles off, and how strict the cops are. Also, Ford has a statement in the manual about checking with local sound ordinances before you turn off the baffles. I.e., in normal mode with baffles on you are fine. Go into sport or track or manually turn the baffles off and YMMV.

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
I live in MAINEACHUSETTS and I started a thread on the GT 500 board about this and the other hate the GT 350 and GT 500 get and why I am seriously considering canceling my GT 500 CFTP order, but I got absolutely S**T on. We'll I guess I was not far off.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Never been pulled over for any exhaust issues. However, there are two things being talked about here. Emissions compliance and sound ordinances. They are not the same.

emissions is all compliant with stock exhaust. Period.

for sound, that depends on where you live, if you have the baffles off, and how strict the cops are. Also, Ford has a statement in the manual about checking with local sound ordinances before you turn off the baffles. I.e., in normal mode with baffles on you are fine. Go into sport or track or manually turn the baffles off and YMMV.
ultimately this, you can have asshats ticket you for no reason just to waste time knowing it'll get tossed. I experienced this myself.

Sponsored

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Last night I was in my GT500 coming home and I turned off the main road and it made the loudest backfire (exhaust in Track mode will backfire by design) and I look over and there is a Sheriff looking at me. Fortunately, he did not do anything however, for a moment I was a little nervous!

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
There is no way not to fight that Ticket. I would hope someone would look at it and throw it out before Court. Like a savvy prosecutor :)
I don't know each state's laws. But a buddy in my car club got a ticket for loud exhaust here in Colorado. All he had to do was get the dealer to provide a service ticket showing the exhaust is stock. He actually had a GT350 and had done a resonator delete with the same pipe used on the GT350R so it was "stock configuration" for a GT350R.

All the court needed was proof that the car has an OEM designed exhaust.

The ticket was dropped, but he had to show the service department document. A bit of a pain.

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
I don't know each state's laws. But a buddy in my car club got a ticket for loud exhaust here in Colorado. All he had to do was get the dealer to provide a service ticket showing the exhaust is stock. He actually had a GT350 and had done a resonator delete with the same pipe used on the GT350R so it was "stock configuration" for a GT350R.

The ticket was dropped, but he had to show the service department document. A bit of a pain.
Welcome to a life of liberalism.

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8

Yeah, this is what Iā€™m assuming I will have to do if I ever get a ticket for this. Itā€™s just a pain in the ass.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Here on LI, NY, police aren't stopping people for most traffic violations. LEO have turned a blind eye for fear of being accussed of harrasment and racism. So they certainly aren't going to bother for a loud exhaust. Especially with all those Honda Civics with those stupid, noisy, popping exhausts out there. If they're not getting stopped, I'm not getting stopped with my exhaust open.
But I do turn it to normal when I'm driving through my local streets. Have to respect where you live. But on the main roads and highways.......:devil:

Sponsored

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Here on LI, NY, police aren't stopping people for most traffic violations. LEO have turned a blind eye for fear of being accussed of harrasment and racism. So they certainly aren't going to bother for a loud exhaust. Especially with all those Honda Civics with those stupid, noisy, popping exhausts out there. If they're not getting stopped, I'm not getting stopped with my exhaust open.
But I do turn it to normal when I'm driving through my local streets. Have to respect where you live. But on the main roads and highways.......:devil:
wow, maybe I should move to New York. The cops in maineachusetts pull you over if you look at them wrong.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
wow, maybe I should move to New York. The cops in maineachusetts pull you over if you look at them wrong.
My area is no pursuit zone now. They arenā€™t pulling anyone over unless you assault or murder someone.

People doing triple digits in 45 and no ones batting an eye. Not to mention now majority people have no license plates, but they all have black windows and dubbed wheels.

Dayton life. One of the drug capitals woooo. Shit hole.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
My area is no pursuit zone now. They arenā€™t pulling anyone over unless you assault or murder someone.

People doing triple digits in 45 and no ones batting an eye. Not to mention now majority people have no license plates, but they all have black windows and dubbed wheels.

Dayton life. One of the drug capitals woooo. Shit hole.
I really have a tough time believing this. We all exaggerate things, but really??

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If it's not legal in every state then they wouldn't be able to sell it in every state (new vehicles at dealers).

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Great news, given the vast majority of traffic enforcement is really just an arbitrary tax. I'm sure they'll still pull over people creating real safety risks, but loud exhausts and breaking artificially low speed limits don't count as safety risks.
Sponsored