Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Are you going to let on your relative is Ben Davidson :cwl:

If you presented compelling research the world would be listening to you!
He can't provide anything of substance. Do you really think he would hold back if he had any evidence? Nah.
Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
The USA is giant in comparison to England regards infrastructure. It is an economy of scale in reverse.

No excuses, but people often compare the US to other countries and the comparisons almost always are not relative due to scale.
For sure. It never fails, some dipstick will make some comment about how Norway (or the like) or eveyone in it does this or that, so the U.S. should just do it (failing to think critically about country size, population size, cultural differences, racial diversity, etc. etc.).

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
His word isn't gospel and he doesn't have say over Govt Authorities or Govt Decision Makers. I could say the same statement and it doesn't mean squat.

Vehicle Manufactures across the planet will be incentivized to go EV because they will get $$$ kickbacks as well as certain discounts or breaks on taxes to cease ICE production.

While no one wants ICE vehicle production to stop, we (the peons) don't have control - well.... unless of course everyone wants to riot in the streets about it.... and create this or that "hashtag" as to why ICE should remain as the primary platform for mode of transportation and cry as to how or why EV isn't the future.
I guess I'm still confused. The plan is to stop ICE vehicle sales by 2035...will they also try to stop ICE vehicles being on the road by that time as well?

As I spend more time in my Mustang, I've come to realize I value having more noise in my car in that it keeps me awake and alert. I know I originally bought the EcoBoost specifically because I liked having "Good Neighbor" mode. But if EVs reach a certain level of quietness inside (if they haven't already), I fear I'd fall asleep at the wheel after a good 30 minutes or hour of driving or so. A loud engine with performance does have its merits, fuel economy notwithstanding. :wink:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I guess I'm still confused. The plan is to stop ICE vehicle sales by 2035...will they also try to stop ICE vehicles being on the road by that time as well?

As I spend more time in my Mustang, I've come to realize I value having more noise in my car in that it keeps me awake and alert. I know I originally bought the EcoBoost specifically because I liked having "Good Neighbor" mode. But if EVs reach a certain level of quietness inside (if they haven't already), I fear I'd fall asleep at the wheel after a good 30 minutes or hour of driving or so. A loud engine with performance does have its merits, fuel economy notwithstanding. :wink:
No. There has never been any indication in any country of a ban on ICE cars on the road, just bans on new ICE sales. ICE cars are so quiet now that most of the noise is white noise from the tyres (outside) and wind noise so EV's have very little advantage noise wise. There are ways of generating noise in a car if that is what is required to keep you awake.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I bought a mustang cause i wanted to drive fast and have a blast. But if ford introduces a mustang gt electric faster then a v8 bye bye v8 hello electric.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
For sure. It never fails, some dipstick will make some comment about how Norway (or the like) or eveyone in it does this or that, so the U.S. should just do it (failing to think critically about country size, population size, cultural differences, racial diversity, etc. etc.).
Ahh yes. Just fall back on insults, very childish.

I have only ever explained what is happening elsewhere in the world (it does exist) when some on here proclaim it will never happen, when clearly it is. I'm not saying what you or anybody else should do - I am merely telling you what many other people are doing and choosing to do - big difference. Just because you don't understand or like it doesn't mean it isn't happening - even in the US.

Racial diversity as a reason for not understanding climate or using EV's - now that is a new one. :cwl:

Love from the dipstick :giggle:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I bought a mustang cause i wanted to drive fast and have a blast. But if ford introduces a mustang gt electric faster then a v8 bye bye v8 hello electric.
I, like you, am prepared to embrace the future and change - as you say it may actually be better.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
No. There has never been any indication in any country of a ban on ICE cars on the road, just bans on new ICE sales. ICE cars are so quiet now that most of the noise is white noise from the tyres (outside) and wind noise so EV's have very little advantage noise wise. There are ways of generating noise in a car if that is what is required to keep you awake.
That's good to know. And I know I could play music to stay awake, but that would only be for when hearing the engine/exhaust is old for the immediate time being.

Sponsored

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
An Engineer giving opinions on climate. Say no more. Widely discredited.

I don't think you understand what peer reviewed means.

No Kool Aid here
First off I didn’t say that was peer reviewed, I said here is a simple read, it has factual historical figures. Read much jr.........?

Second, and what I stated off the bat, no matter what I post it won’t be believed. Exactly as you responded.

Third I have a BS in bio/chem and another doctorate on top of that, I might know a little about science and peer review. Do you?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
First off I didn’t say that was peer reviewed, I said here is a simple read, it has factual historical figures. Read much jr.........?

Second, and what I stated off the bat, no matter what I post it won’t be believed. Exactly as you responded.

Third I have a BS in bio/chem and another doctorate on top of that, I might know a little about science and peer review. Do you?
I'm not you junior old man. And if you mean by that silly insult that you are older and wiser ........:cwl:

If you have what you say, you wouldn't post such rubbish in the manner you do, unless by BS you mean what it usually stands for :giggle: If a discredited engineer is the best you can come up with then I need say no more. Try a peer reviewed climate scientist - but as you should know 98% of all climate scientists (not engineers) agree on anthropogenic (human induced) climate change, and the other 2% cannot produce repeatable work or contain errors. So unless you can come up with something new, then I'm afraid you are barking up the wrong tree. Did you do statistics and probability when you were doing your BS degree?

As it happens I do have a science degree (hons) so no need for a simple read thank you :cwl:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a simple read you might understand. I can post many peer reviewed articles, but that would do no good for those drinking the Kool-Aid.

https://burtrutan.com/downloads/EngrCritiqueCAGW-v4o3.pdf
Yeah, cause when I think global warming, Burt Rutan comes to mind! HAHA!

Another post of many pages of gibberish that someone provides as proof that global warming is a hoax. Can you be more specific regards what evidence Rutan espouses that you think upends climate science as we know it?

While we wait, dig this from the article (This premise is whacky and his 'proof' is nothing of the sort)

Note, the green life along the Nile river and the dead desert elsewhere. When co2 is greater in the atmosphere, plants need less water to thrive. When dinosaurs roamed we had 3 to 5 times current co2 and planet was nearly all green, pole-to-pole Near catastrophe when co2 declined to 180 ppm, since below 150 ppm plants, then animals die. If you promote a green healthy planet, then you should lobby for a co2-fertilized atmosphere, not a co2-starved atmosphere.

And this little gem:

Note: Apollo 13 LEM went to 2%, 53 times the current global atmosphere. Above 30% (780 times the current global atmosphere), CO2 causes death in humans.

So we need more CO2 pumped in the environemnt and the Apollo 13 LEM is analogous to the Earth's atmosphere?

I could go on and on picking it apart, but I don't have the time. Unless you can point to specific things in the article there isn't much more to say.

Engineers are not climate scientists.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, BS...Bull Shit

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
I, like you, am prepared to embrace the future and change - as you say it may actually be better.
Could you please embrace the now and go trash up the off topic lounge with this bullshit as you’ve previously done.
Sponsored