OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Back in 1985 or so we were told by these same "experts" "if we do nothing Manhattan will be under water by 2020."
Was that the scientific consensus of the time or the rantings from the fringe?
You seem unable to separate what is accepted because it’s been supprted
Oh dear. You’re now in a new realm of scientific misunderstanding.

THEORIES aren’t LAWS.
LAWS sometimes form a PART of a THEORY.
If that‘s too many words, I can draw it for you.

Now please get back in your box.

AA10FE10-8F5F-4565-83C7-48ADE255F37D.jpeg
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
This thread is proof that smart is cancelled and dumb is taking over.

We live in a world where everyone demands equal treatment regarding their opinions, no matter how far-fetched. Feelings trump logic. In fact, logic and reason are ridiculed and used as a weapon against those who might dare to think critically. Smart is bad! These are people that argue the finer points of something that don't even have the most basic understanding of the concept or discipline which they so vehemently reject (all without a scintilla of evidence) - embarrassingly so. When these shortcomings are pointed out, personal attacks on one's appearance ensues - yet they demand to be taken seriously.

They epitomize the child with fingers in ears shouting "No!" "No!" "No!" when it is bedtime.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think what intelligent people do is listen to concepts while remaining somewhat skeptical about the accuracy of the details.

Norm
Absolutely.
Thats why the scientists involved are still arguing over the exact figure for climate sensitivity, and nearly every other component. Eg. Is the figure for X 4.37 or 4.34?
What they aren’t doing now is arguing about the larger picture, because there is no argument that can be had, based on the current data.
New data, new arguments.
This thread is proof that smart is cancelled and dumb is taking over.

We live in a world where everyone demands equal treatment regarding their opinions, no matter how far-fetched. Feelings trump logic. In fact, logic and reason are ridiculed and used as a weapon against those who might dare to think critically. Smart is bad! These are people that argue the finer points of something that don't even have the most basic understanding of the concept or discipline which they so vehemently reject (all without a scintilla of evidence) - embarrassingly so. When these shortcomings are pointed out, personal attacks on one's appearance ensues - yet they demand to be taken seriously.

They epitomize the child with fingers in ears shouting "No!" "No!" "No!" when it is bedtime.
Yes, but the thread served its purpose.
We can now see them and examine them.
The thread was about science, and FOR science.
The observations gathered in this experiment have been quite useful.

Your hypothesis might be wrong, but it IS falsifiable and nothing in this thread has proven it wrong so far.

Good work CJ. You’ve successfully completed stage one of “how to use science”.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I want to see a working model before I sacrifice my lifestyle
Good.
Here‘s nearly 50 years of modelling that has repeatedly worked.
You‘ll notice that the more recent models predict the change more accurately and also predict history quite nicely.
https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-how-well-have-climate-models-projected-global-warming

By comparison, your “water-vapour as the primary driver“ theory has no model that makes ANY predictions whatsoever and yet you cling to it.
Where’s the model that supports it?
Surely you can’t believe a theory that doesn’t have accurate models that predict both the future and the past....

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t suggest that I’m superior to you in every sense, just certain aspects of intellect. You might well be superior to me in other areas. That’s life. Get used to it.
There‘s probably billions of people who are far smarter than I am, you’re just not one of them in one particular area of what constitutes “intelligence“. That’s not my fault or yours either. You might well be better at planning or memory or virtually any other area you could think of.
Would you like me to apologise for it?

It‘s also not my fault that you‘ve repeatedly demonstrated a profound ineptitude for the topic at hand hroughout this thread.

It‘s also not my fault that you think you’re smarter than the collective knowledge, accrued by some of the brightest minds this planet has ever seen.

You’d do well to recognise that this supposed ”Napoleon complex” only seems to occur when you‘re involved.

Maybe a little introspection might help you out.
What would Jesus do?

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I got tired of listening to him accuse me and others of the exact things he is doing and the name calling got to be too much.

It is a lot more peaceful now.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got tired of listening to him accuse me and others of the exact things he is doing and the name calling got to be too much.

It is a lot more peaceful now.
How did you go with your reading re models that don’t work/don’t account for water vapour?
Any objections?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
How did you go with your reading re models that don’t work/don’t account for water vapour?
Any objections?
He’s incapable. Perhaps you made the ignore list too. What a privilege!

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
It’s already here. It’s called dogma.
Religion uses it as a weapon.
I wish my Karma could run over their Dogma!

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
While I wouldn't attempt to speak to their lineage, CJJon and Burkey are obviously well-educated critical thinkers; in contrast, the content of many of your posts would indeed support the theory that someone has been pissing in the gene pool.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Again, it is all a distraction from the real issues at hand. He can't challenge the science and logic so he reverts to weirdo behavior. Trying to equate what I have said here to what he has said (or hasn't) is nonsense.

I may be brusque, I don't suffer fools well. A definite fault of mine.
Not a fault at all; consider it more of a Darwinian safety valve... works for me.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
He’s incapable. Perhaps you made the ignore list too. What a privilege!
I’ll wait and see what he has to say.
I welcome his critique.
At least he seems able to have a civil discussion, unlike our resident nutcase.
Sponsored