Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Produces no facts when refuting the facts of others and calls it facts.

The irony hurts!
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've been around many smart people, engineers.

One such smart person built a containment shield with no roof. (This guy was the head engineer of this multi national company) All his "peers" said nothing.

(probably because he was boss and no one wanted to step on his toes, or they were just as dumb)

I asked him what would stop anything from going up. He told me, in a scolding a 10 year old manner, that that could not happen.

9 months later.....

A 6 foot piece of steel went flying UP, then, through the roof of the building and landed in a supermarket parking lot 1/4 mile away. Luckily no one was hurt.

I will not name the person or company but if you are savvy with the search you can find it.

He called me an idiot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No scientific theory is EVER ā€provenā€. You keep showing us that you donā€™t even understand the methodology correctly.
Why should I care what you think about a methodology when you canā€™t even accurately describe it?

Every scientific theory is open to new evidence that might refute it.
You just need to go and find it.
Hurry up. Youā€™re wasting precious time here.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been around many stupid people.

Every once in a while they do something ā€œsmartā€.

Doesnā€˜t effect their IQ one iota.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

One such smart person built a containment shield with no roof. All his "peers" said nothing. I asked him what would stop anything from going up. He told me, in a scolding a 10 year old manner, that that could not happen.

A 6 foot piece of steel went flying UP, then, through the roof of the building and landed in a supermarket parking lot 1/4 mile away. Luckily no one was hurt.

I will not name the person or company but if you are savvy with the search you can find it.

He called me an idiot.
Hello; Yes to this story. I was going on a bicycle ride with some men I knew. One of the guys was an engineer. I had a ten gallon tank filled with compressed air at nearly 125PSI. We were riding MT bikes. Some of the bikes needed air. The engineer kept telling me there would not be enough air for all the bikes. There was plenty.
On the same ride the engineer has a flat. He carried no spare tube nor patch kit. I carry two tubes, a pump, a CO2 inflator and a patch kit. Sometimes people with hands on experience get it right.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes Most times people with hands on experience get it right.
Everytime the company wanted to improve production they sent engineers to observe and improve the process. Never did one engineer listen to the machine operator.

I loved calling these pompous asses at 3 AM to get their selves into the plant because it was shut down for something they said could not happen.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'm quoting this because I did edit after people quoted it.

One such smart person built a containment shield with no roof. (This guy was the head engineer of this multi national company) All his "peers" said nothing.

(probably because he was boss and no one wanted to step on his toes, or they were just as dumb)

I asked him what would stop anything from going up. He told me, in a scolding a 10 year old manner, that that could not happen.

9 months later.....

A 6 foot piece of steel went flying UP, then through the roof of the building and landed in a supermarket parking lot 1/4 mile away. Luckily no one was hurt.

He called me an idiot.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
No scientific theory is EVER ā€provenā€. You keep showing us that you donā€™t even understand the methodology correctly.
Why should I care what you think about a methodology when you canā€™t even accurately describe it?

Every scientific theory is open to new evidence that might refute it.
You just need to go and find it.
Hurry up. Youā€™re wasting precious time here.
Hello; Beg to differ. Some things move from theory to law status. Newtons laws of gravity. Charles gas laws to name just two. If some concept is tested often enough by a lot of people and proves to be repeatable, it might become a natural law.
Theories can be tested a lot and can get to the state of most having confidence in them. Often the difference will depend on the instruments used to measure and test a concept. Microscopes and telescopes have caused some theories to be revised and others to be further confirmed.
Build a better instrument and things which were hidden can become better understood.

I will repeat the bit from a recent climate article I posted a while back. The author commented that an outcome which by the models was to not happen for 50 years or so, but was already taking place. This puts the instrument in serious question. The instrument happens to be a computer model. One of the models so many are making plans around and pushing legislation because of. If I was using a laser range finder and one day it gave me a measure so very clearly out of range, I would not trust that instrument any more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Oh yea, the Italian company that made this particular machine made a containment system that worked. Except a tiny piece of metal left the containment box. It was about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide. Not acceptable I agree.

This "engineer" was improving the design.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The problem with climate change models is they are software dependent, GIGO.

Make a working actual model. look at Venus it has Co2 clouds, also days we can measure in months.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Beg to differ. Some things move from theory to law status. Newtons laws of gravity. Charles gas laws to name just two. If some concept is tested often enough by a lot of people and proves to be repeatable, it might become a natural law.
Theories can be tested a lot and can get to the state of most having confidence in them. Often the difference will depend on the instruments used to measure and test a concept. Microscopes and telescopes have caused some theories to be revised and others to be further confirmed.
Build a better instrument and things which were hidden can become better understood.

I will repeat the bit from a recent climate article I posted a while back. The author commented that an outcome which by the models was to nowt happen for 50 years or so, but was already taking place. This puts the instrument in serious question. The instrument happens to be a computer model. One of the models so many are making plans around and pushing legislation because of. If I was using a laser range finder and one day it gave me a measure so very clearly out of range, I would not trust that instrument any more.
Wrong again. Scientific laws do not convey the same absolute certainty of say mathematics. A scientific law may be contradicted, restricted, or extended by future observations.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem with climate change models is they are software dependent, GIGO.

Make a working actual model. look at Venus it has Co2 clouds, we don't and never will.
But the consensus is overwhelming regards human effect on climate. Show me your models that that have similar acceptance. They donā€™t exist. There really is no other side except fringe.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
But the consensus is overwhelming regards human effect on climate. Show me your models that that have similar acceptance. They donā€™t exist.
Right, because .....No one knows. None of the examples have been repeatable.
Sponsored