OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I notice that you donā€™t even attempt to defend your religious views. Thatā€™s probably the smartest thing youā€™ve done since you started here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hereā€™s a fact that my drug-addled brain is able to recall.
Some plants have more awareness than some animals.
Iā€˜ll let you work out how that pertains to this conversation.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I think we all are getting punked by a master troll here folks.

Well done Crazy Horse! Very well played!

I mean, how else can one explain it? No one could be that big of a dopey creep. Could they?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I mean, how else can one explain it? No one could be that big of a dopey creep. Could they?
He may well be an epic troll but these people (fundamentalist) do exist unfortunately.
If he is a troll, heā€™s done an excellent job.
Best Poe Iā€™ve ever come across.

For those unfamiliar with the term:

Poe
A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing. Due to Poe's Law, it is almost impossible to tell if a person is a Poe unless they admit to it.
"The Bible is true because it's the inerrant word of God! I know because the Bible says so! Glory!"

Is this guy serious? He's got to be a poe.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; My first wife and I were married at the time of the vasectomy. We had been married around nine years. She was not interested in children. My second wife was told well before the marriage that there would not be children naturally. Later on we discussed adoption but it never went too far.
The irony in view of some of the back and forth here recently was one of the problems was smoking. I had quit smoking before we married but my second wife had not. One of the conditions I wanted before having a child in the home was that she quit smoking. She kept saying she would, but never did.
I get where you are going with the idea I just did not want children anyway. Not true. I did not want them bad enough to ignore the situation around me. I was a school teacher after all. I get that some folks want my choice to be because of a personal flaw rather than a thought out choice which in large part had the welfare of a potential child as a part.
This was around the time my eyes would sting when I drove thru Cincinatti (SP) Ohio. That a river in Ohio was catching on fire. That the hills where I lived were being strip mined. That temperature inversions were trapping smog in major cities. Some of those things have gotten better. Smog is not as bad in many places in the USA. I hear Mexico City is awful now.

I planted trees when I was young. Hundreds of them. There were programs you could take part in. It was pine seedlings I think. An Irony for me has been around 1996 a tunnel was built under the Cumberland Gap pass between KY and TN. The area around that historic landmark was made into a national park in the 1950's. I was part of the opening ceremony in Boy Scout troop #32. My troop helped to plant trees in the park.
In 1996 with the construction of that new tunnel they cut down many of the trees I had personally planted. Not quite all of them, but most of them were in the way of progress. The troops efforts were not all gone, just some of my area.

I digress.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; The way it looks to me is he is doing to you the same sort of thing you have been doing to others in this thread and in past threads. Perhaps you do not see how you appear on these pages. I do not know if he is just trying to give you a taste of your own medicine or if that is his normal way of going about things. Either way you have little to complain about with the name calling and snide remarks which degenerate the conversation.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; The way it looks to me is he is doing to you the same sort of thing you have been doing to others in this thread and in past threads. Perhaps you do not see how you appear on these pages. I do not know if he is just trying to give you a taste of your own medicine or if that is his normal way of going about things. Either way you have little to complain about with the name calling and snide remarks which degenerate the conversation.
Again, it is all a distraction from the real issues at hand. He can't challenge the science and logic so he reverts to weirdo behavior. Trying to equate what I have said here to what he has said (or hasn't) is nonsense.

I may be brusque, I don't suffer fools well. A definite fault of mine.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Again, it is all a distraction from the real issues at hand. He can't challenge the science and logic so he reverts to weirdo behavior. Trying to equate what I have said here to what he has said (or hasn't) is nonsense.

I may be brusque, I don't suffer fools well. A definite fault of mine.
Hello; His written approach is different from yours. Not saying he is as nasty as you are, just that it reads similar overall.
You reply to me just know is an example. You got two insults in which do not improve the message. Implying I deal in "nonsense" and he is and perhaps me also is a "fool".
This sort of thing is a typical component of your posts. He goes about it in a slightly different way.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; His written approach is different from yours. Not saying he is as nasty as you are, just that it reads similar overall.
You reply to me just know is an example. You got two insults in which do not improve the message. Implying I deal in "nonsense" and he is and perhaps me also is a "fool".
This sort of thing is a typical component of your posts. He goes about it in a slightly different way.
I wasn't implying anything and it wasn't meant as an insult - that is on you. What you said was nonsense. I am sorry that word hurts you, but it happens to be true.

If you don't think his behaviour is beyond foolish, then we disagree. My attacks are really not personal if you look at them objectively (which is a skill that is rare these days). His are nothing but. Creepy too...searching for a photo of someone to post here and then make fun of is creepy as hell. Which isn't really name calling, it is describing behavior. There is a difference.

It is all a distraction from the fact that his thoughts on science are beyond fringe. He can't keep up with a discussion on the facts (he has none) and then reverts to pure personal attacks.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT

this-thread-be-like.jpg

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't implying anything and it wasn't meant as an insult - that is on you. What you said was nonsense. I am sorry that word hurts you, but it happens to be true.

If you don't think his behaviour is beyond foolish, then we disagree. My attacks are really not personal if you look at them objectively (which is a skill that is rare these days). His are nothing but. Creepy too...searching for a photo of someone to post here and then make fun of is creepy as hell. Which isn't really name calling, it is describing behavior. There is a difference.

It is all a distraction from the fact that his thoughts on science are beyond fringe. He can't keep up with a discussion on the facts (he has none) and then reverts to pure personal attacks.
Hello; That you somehow actually believe you can call a person a name and it will not be personal tells the tale.
Thing is I knew a fellow since high school who had the same sort of notion as you. That he was not actually calling a person stupid if he phrased it this way. "That was a stupid thing to say." When someone was offended he would come back with I did not call you stupid, just that it was a stupid comment.
You ought to know better. Sad that you do not. No matter what you justify in your mind, you are offending people personally.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; That you somehow actually believe you can call a person a name and it will not be personal tells the tale.
Thing is I knew a fellow since high school who had the same sort of notion as you. That he was not actually calling a person stupid if he phrased it this way. "That was a stupid thing to say." When someone was offended he would come back with I did not call you stupid, just that it was a stupid comment.
You ought to know better. Sad that you do not. No matter what you justify in your mind, you are offending people personally.
But there is a difference. I will give you that it is perhaps a subtle distinction, but there is one all the same. Some have difficulty grasping that though.

So, pray tell, when someone says something stupid, what is one to do? Ignore? Cajole? Sugarcoat?

Again, it is nonsense to say that I have attacked anyone on this board to the level that he has. His behaviour and ideas are beyond the pale, replete with digging up a photo of someone so that he may attack their appearance. Which is nutty behavior.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
But there is a difference. I will give you that it is perhaps a subtle distinction, but there is one all the same. Some have difficulty grasping that though.

So, pray tell, when someone says something stupid, what is one to do? Ignore? Cajole? Sugarcoat?

Again, it is nonsense to say that I have attacked anyone on this board to the level that he has. His behaviour and ideas are beyond the pale, replete with digging up a photo of someone so that he may attack their appearance. Which is nutty behavior.
Hello; Let me try it your way. I may not be so good as you are. Here goes. To say you have not attacked people on this board at a greater level that the other guy in an asinine statement.

Get it now. I was actually saying something about you. The statements you make are a part of you in a real sense. The only part on a written forum such as this.

You have an arrogance in that you feel your ideas are automatically superior. Such is not always the case. In fact often not the case. To answer one of your questions. When you say stupid stuff I do ignore it most of the time. Often a lot to ignore. I try to stay focused on the issues and not get into a silly back and forth. Unfortunately I have in the past few posts played into the game when I should have continued to ignore you.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Let me try it your way. I may not be so good as you are. Here goes. To say you have not attacked people on this board at a greater level that the other guy in an asinine statement.

Get it now. I was actually saying something about you. The statements you make are a part of you in a real sense. The only part on a written forum such as this.

You have an arrogance in that you feel your ideas are automatically superior. Such is not always the case. In fact often not the case. To answer one of your questions. When you say stupid stuff I do ignore it most of the time. Often a lot to ignore. I try to stay focused on the issues and not get into a silly back and forth. Unfortunately I have in the past few posts played into the game when I should have continued to ignore you.
Ah, but here is an even bigger difference. I take no personal umbrage to anything you say. Frankly, you don't have the power over me in such a way. No one does really.

Saying I have made an asinine statement may or may not be true, but I don't see that as you calling me a name. Again, a subtle distinction to some.
Sponsored