Sponsored

Order submitted GT premium. (Received 130 days later)

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Ordering what I wanted and not settling for what was on the lot was the best way for me to go.
Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I got an email from Ford 12 days ago saying my build date has been pushed back to the week of June 21, but the tracking site still says it will arrive at the dealer June 10.
Nice car Mike. Hope you don't have to wait too long. I like the Iconic silver. It would be my next choice too I think. Really looks nice shined up and holds up well to occasional driving. I am always wiping down my Ruby, sometimes reluctant to even drive it if conditions aren't perfect.:crazy:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Nice car Mike. Hope you don't have to wait too long. I like the Iconic silver. It would be my next choice too I think. Really looks nice shined up and holds up well to occasional driving. I am always wiping down my Ruby, sometimes reluctant to even drive it if conditions aren't perfect.:crazy:
Thanks! The absolute hardest part about ordering the Mach was having to give up the ruby red. So many times I walk into the garage and see it and think God you’re beautiful! (I know, weird.). Always looking clean was the reason for picking the silver… like you, I can’t stand when it’s even dusty.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I ordered my 2021 Mustang GT on March 6th, but since I'm in Canada I can't track it myself, but based on the last conversation I had with my sales guy a week ago, he says it's still ETA for May production with a mid-June delivery so fingers crossed. I too have ordered Iconic Silver and am unwilling to settle for any other colour

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Today Ford extended the Flat Rock closure to include the weeks of May 17 and 24 so maybe July… sigh

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's sad you only get this type of news from a forum.
The worldwide chip shortage has been at the top of all media reporting for some time now. No one knows when it is going to get better so asking your dealer for updates is pointless. Cars will get built and shipped as parts are made available.

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The worldwide chip shortage has been at the top of all media reporting for some time now. No one knows when it is going to get better so asking your dealer for updates is pointless. Cars will get built and shipped as parts are made available.
To conclude that Ford had no idea when their next batch of semiconductors being shipped to them is asinine. Even with global shortages, they still know what they are going to receive or at least a pretty good idea.

I know about the shortage. I'm not ignorant to this.

-Do you get irritated if you go to a restaurant and have to wait an hour or more for your food? Despite the place being packed on a holiday?

-When checking in to a hotel at a beach on a Saturday and you are told your room isn't ready, do you get irritated?

If any of those things happen above, I know someone will communicate with me and express the issue. That is common business practice. Now, if you were in any of the situations above and the power goes out. You will most likely wait for a little while and expect some form of communication from the business. Whether it will be a short or long-term issue.

Ford is just leaving their customers waiting and waiting without any realistic updates. I will be patient and wait if I am given a realistic timeframe. But to just constantly wait and just see production pushback updates every other week is getting old.

It is a terrible customer experience. Despite uncontrollable factors from them. Customers should be communicated with frequently. Healthy communication will result in higher residual business for them in upcoming years.

Sponsored

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I wouldn't go so far as to say you're not ignorant :giggle:

You obviously don't understand semiconductor manufacturing enough to know the Ford really does not know when/how many chips they will be getting. They're low man on the totem pole at TSMC. They are taking what they can get, when they can get it. That's why they're rolling the shutdowns one week at a time. I guarantee they are also directing most of their allocation to the higher margin orders first.
okay....you just proved my point. Extreme lack of communication from a business to consumer.

If they have the intention to distribute their small limited supply to higher-margin vehicles then customers with orders placed should be communicated with. I should not have to worry if I will get my car in June or next year. I may not know much about semiconductor manufacturing but I was a director of operations for a manufacturing company that sourced material from overseas. All orders are forecasted. It's not like their operations teams are just twiddling their thumbs. They have created forecast models based on the number of chips they receive.

I work for one of the largest homebuilders in the US now. We are dealing with supply chain issues constantly too....not just with one small part but most of our supply base. Customers are getting frequent communication. To give Ford a pass on not communicating with their customers is asinine. I know people who have sold their cars anticipating their new car.

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
On today's episode of M6G we learned:

The global economy is analogous to a busy diner
It's on Ford if you sell your car before securing a replacement vehicle
2X4's and microchips are the basically the same
Today on M6G we learned:

-Let's give Ford a pass on communication, even though orders could go as far as next year
-People clearly don't understand the global lumber shortages...let alone the other 50 key supplies that are used to build a home

Your rebuttals are comical. You show your lack of business acumen. I may not understand how semiconductors are produced but you surely don't understand anything in the homebuilding industry. Our home build times have gone from 6 months to 8ish months. Customers have been homeless for months. They planned the times they sold their homes to when they should be getting their new home. They should be able to do this. Under normal circumstances, it worked out well but not lately with the global shortage of supplies all across the homebuilding sector. We adapted immediately and gave customers a better idea. We did not try selling them a house under the idea that their home would be built in the same time frame; project managers are updating their customers weekly with new time frames and getting the reassurance that their order was being processed.

The exact same thing can be said for the auto industry. A new $50,000 car isn't like buying a pair of shoes. It is typically the second most expensive thing a consumer purchases. I'm not surprised Ford's stock is down 9.7% MoM.

I received a PM one day on here where a dealer told him that he would be getting his car in July. This was two weeks ago and he hadn't even ordered yet. Many times these decisions have to do with financing. Both on acquiring a new loan and sustaining multiple simultaneous payments.

Communicating with a consumer is one of the primary pillars of business. Sorry, you can't seem to grasp this simple concept but it is the truth. I'm clearly not the only one annoyed by this. Rant over.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
If they have the intention to distribute their small limited supply to higher-margin vehicles then customers with orders placed should be communicated with.
Ford has never said they are actually doing this. We are the ones speculating that they are.

I may not know much about semiconductor manufacturing but I was a director of operations for a manufacturing company that sourced material from overseas. All orders are forecasted. It's not like their operations teams are just twiddling their thumbs. They have created forecast models based on the number of chips they receive.
I worked for a Japanese manufacturer for almost a quarter of a century. The Japanese were the forerunners in forecasting and JIT delivery. At the beginning we took whatever the factory shipped us. Created massive over inventories and closeout costs. Then we went to monthly forecasts. Created a whole host of new problems. So you basically pick your poison.

Keep in mind that the situation with Ford was cancelled forecasts. Then the pandemic hit. You cannot forecast for a worldwide pandemic.

I work for one of the largest homebuilders in the US now. We are dealing with supply chain issues constantly too....not just with one small part but most of our supply base. Customers are getting frequent communication. To give Ford a pass on not communicating with their customers is asinine. I know people who have sold their cars anticipating their new car.
Well both of my daughters have bought new homes here in Myrtle Beach in the last two years. One from Lennar and one from D.R. Horton. Communication, was at best, acceptable, nothing great. I also just took delivery of a 2021 Volvo. Ordered from Sweden at the end of January. Not a word for 8 weeks ( I was informed this was going to happen. Then a message it was on the water and a second message when it arrived at the dealer.

Ford takes orders for thousands of vehicles a day. If you think they have the manpower to reach out to every customer to give them delivery updates I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Let's give Ford a pass on communication, even though orders could go as far as next year
Who is giving them a pass. No one likes this. But it is what it is. Bitch all you want, it's not changing. There has always been a lack of communication between auto manufacturers and their dealers. Hell even Telsa's direct sale format sucks when it comes to communications.

Why does most of this read like ad/PR copy for your business :crackup:

You are new to these lands, so you don't realize that I am the king of this realm. Now begone, before I have you thrown in the dungeon!
Be kind dear king, the peasant is a newbie from the land of Ohio. I believe he will come around. If not, off with his head.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Your rebuttals are comical. You show your lack of business acumen. I may not understand how semiconductors are produced but you surely don't understand anything in the homebuilding industry. Our home build times have gone from 6 months to 8ish months. Customers have been homeless for months. They planned the times they sold their homes to when they should be getting their new home. They should be able to do this. Under normal circumstances, it worked out well but not lately with the global shortage of supplies all across the homebuilding sector. We adapted immediately and gave customers a better idea. We did not try selling them a house under the idea that their home would be built in the same time frame; project managers are updating their customers weekly with new time frames and getting the reassurance that their order was being processed.
I was very fortunate to become friendly with both of my daughters project managers. What you are saying and what their reality was do not mesh. We experienced numerous delays, especially from Lennar with little or no explanation. And this was before the pandemic. Try as you might comparing a home builder to a car manufacturer is apple and oranges.
Sponsored