Not open for further replies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
1. Incorrect. I suggest people who are experts in their field are cherry-picking data and making catastrophic predictions to advance political agendas.

That's an entirely different claim.

2. Your final statement is optimistic to the point foolish. "Trust the Science" is the refrain of those who don't understand how maddeningly difficult it is to produce legitimate scientific research. Further, we aren't being asked to believe actual measured data. We're being asked to believe computerized prophets of doom which are programmed by all too fallible humans. I don't know how much simulation work you've done, but defining the boundary conditions is incredibly difficult and will absolutely be biased in the direction of those doing the programming.

If Climate Scientists were honest, we could have a reasoned discussion about what is actually happening and what the correct response should be. They're anything but. The claim "The science is settled" belies any science I've ever know. Science is _never_ settled, that's reserved for the realm of dictators and religion.
You can suggest what you like, but it is deeply insulting to people who devote their entire lives to scientific research and people like you dismiss it in the blink of an eye. I have been involved in research and know a lot of people in many different fields and NOT ONE of them cherry picks data to fit their 'agenda'. Why does the plane fly, why does the bridge not collapse, why does the medicine treat the disease, because they have been researched and developed and understood.

So which bits of science do you believe ? The bits you like ?
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
We're being asked to believe computerized prophets of doom which are programmed by all too fallible humans.
and in the case of 'pandemic' and 'climate emergency' the models have been not only wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME, they aren't even repeatable when fed the same inputs. When people got a chance to look at the code it was so mind-blowing bad, that it was no wonder the answers it purported to generate were so preposterous. What the 'experts' had done was cherry pick the results they "felt" were right.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
by the time this post post hits page 15 the debate will be Bitcoin
Bitcoin vs DogeCoin vs Ether. which is more honest? Which is a store of value? When can I spend any of them at the grocery store? Which should I buy and hope to triple my money in 3-6 months? What ever happened to Tulip-coin? Did big-Cut-Flowers kill it off?

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You can suggest what you like, but it is deeply insulting to people who devote their entire lives to scientific research and people like you dismiss it in the blink of an eye.
While not climate, my life is ruled daily by preforming and applying scientific testing and research. It's what I do every bloody day. Those who are best placed to criticize a thing are the ones with the most intimate knowledge.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
While not climate, my life is ruled daily by preforming and applying scientific testing and research. It's what I do every bloody day. Those who are best placed to criticize a thing are the ones with the most intimate knowledge.
So you should understand how insulting your comments were. I'm sure your colleagues would be delighted that you branded them all agenda driven and biased.

You didn't answer which bits of science you believe ?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
So you should understand how insulting your comments were. I'm sure your colleagues would be delighted that you branded them all agenda driven and biased.

You didn't answer which bits of science you believe ?
I'm busy doing shit. I don't have time for your Inquistion. Reading my link would be a good start to understanding my position. My thoughts align reasonably close to the lead climate scientist of the Obama administration who is presently persona non grata among the CC faithful.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I'm busy doing shit. I don't have time for your Inquistion. Reading my link would be a good start to understanding my position. My thoughts align reasonably close to the lead climate scientist of the Obama administration who is presently persona non grata among the CC faithful.
Funny you had plenty of time before, but now too busy doing shit.

Better get back to your shit then :cwl:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The big problem with this is that you are suggesting people who are experts in their fields know less about this than you do. Where do you think the information you research comes from? It comes from people who spend their entire lives working on these subjects, and do you know how they know they are right - when things they do or explain work as predicted. Aeroplanes fly because people understand aerodynamics and apply that knowledge, otherwise we would still be standing on the ground flapping our arms. The knowledge you have gained and used to post above is but one small part of the whole story and climatologists spend their careers researching the subject - they know far more about it than you have learned from them on the internet. I'm inclined to believe them when the vast majority have concerns about future climate.

Irrespective of that, the ice age has nothing to do with PM2.5, PM10, CFC and NOx pollution!

Science doesn't know everything, but importantly it knows it doesn't know everything.
Experts in their field, are sales men. nothing more. they are bought and paid for, by those funding their research.
Experts lie just like anyone else, if it means they get to keep their job, and research going.
Truth does not matter, how to get the funding for the research does, and those paying for it, get to set the narrative, "facts"
Science is told what to say, or else lose funding for research. those holding the purse OWN the science community .
Why is the plant life found under the frozen wastelands of the earth, plant life that only grow in a jungle?
Truth is the earth was allot warmer than it is now, and humans were stone age fireless life forms. So how can that be, if the evil human race is the cause of the climate change.
welcome to the big big lie. making many rich, using fear.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Experts in their field, are sales men. nothing more. they are bought and paid for, by those funding their research.
Experts lie just like anyone else, if it means they get to keep their job, and research going.
Truth does not matter, how to get the funding for the research does, and those paying for it, get to set the narrative, "facts"
Science is told what to say, or else lose funding for research. those holding the purse OWN the science community .
Why is the plant life found under the frozen wastelands of the earth, plant life that only grow in a jungle?
Truth is the earth was allot warmer than it is now, and humans were stone age fireless life forms. So how can that be, if the evil human race is the cause of the climate change.
welcome to the big big lie. making many rich, using fear.
Oh dear!

So planes only fly because somebody on board believes it, or is paid to believe it?

Some people it seems are unable to distinguish between natural global climate change and that induced by human activity - they both happen.

Irrespective of that, I don't want to breathe PM2.5, PM10 and NOx which is local pollution on my doorstep as a result of our activities. You are lucky that Boston seems to have pretty good air quality at the moment - try to keep it that way!

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Oh dear!

So planes only fly because somebody on board believes it, or is paid to believe it?

Some people it seems are unable to distinguish between natural global climate change and that induced by human activity - they both happen.

Irrespective of that, I don't want to breathe PM2.5, PM10 and NOx which is local pollution on my doorstep as a result of our activities. You are lucky that Boston seems to have pretty good air quality at the moment - try to keep it that way!
Having seen what I have posted happen, First hand, as in, if you want funding/grants, give us studies that slant this way, or no funds/grants.
We'll agree to disagree.
Those that would not play ball, don't work in the science field. Hard pill to swallow after the huge college cost, but some put morals before the almighty dollar.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I bought Ether two weeks ago and have already made $4k, and it isn't done yet :)

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
There is valid to many of the points made here. The fact is that we do not know the future. That aircraft flies is not science, it is physics. Science is taking known facts and postulating consequences or results to fit the information. I dealt with the pro and cons of science for decades. It is not the science, but the human use of the data. As an example, the EPA needed to set regulatory standards for a chemical. Lacking any quality research, and a deadline from Congress, they used a discredited report from China to set the standards. Not only that, it was an airborne contaminant and the research was used to set a water standard. Look at the reports from environmental groups. Their data is hand picked to promote their goals. They refuse to compromise, nor will they consider the adverse effect of their goals. The reason is, they have a core audience and everything that would solve the issue would also reduce their donations. We know that mankind is adversely affecting the world, but going to too much extremes will effect economies and lifestyles. We should make reasonable efforts, but realize that right now, the biggest danger is the ocean pollution and fish habitats being destroyed by countries like China poaching in territorial waters of other nations.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
There comes a time when these "companies" have to move on. When so many of the cars have tunes and people are buying less and less. They have to move on to other platforms to keep the lights on. I have had it happen on my type r. after a year or so just about everyone with one had a tune whats a tuner to do at that point? they drop development and move on to another car. same thing with my supra. so few were made and just about everyone who has a supra has a tune. so what is the tuner to do sit weeks and wait for one guy to buy a tune. nope they drop the tune and development and move on to another car. Im sure it is the same with the Mustang.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.