Wax for white cars

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Waxing the stang is easy enough. But my truck is a different story. it's white. When the wax cures and is ready to be buffed off, it's hard to tell where the wax and if I got it all.

Is there a good wax that cures/dries to something other than whiteish?
Sponsored

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
We do the two towel method. It's just really hard to see what you missed sometimes.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Waxing the stang is easy enough. But my truck is a different story. it's white. When the wax cures and is ready to be buffed off, it's hard to tell where the wax and if I got it all.

Is there a good wax that cures/dries to something other than whiteish?

Sounds insane but dark garage with a spot or flood light doing 1 panel at a time.

waxing in the sun in is just asking for more work anyways.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Sounds insane but dark garage with a spot or flood light doing 1 panel at a time.

waxing in the sun in is just asking for more work anyways.
We wax in the garage. It's not dark, just shaded. Can't get the truck in far enough (too much stuff) to get the door closed.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'm curious fellas, what waxes you're using? They sound "old school." I believe the technology has improved to the point where a spray wax can give you the same shine and protection in a tenth the time of application and removal.

Adam's Detail Spray and BeadMaker are my two Go To spray waxes. They may not last as long as an old school carnuba job would but it's so easy to apply and buff, it's NBD to wax after washing.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just break it down and do one panel at a time, that way you will be able to keep up with it much more easily. If you really want to be certain, just spritz some water from a spray bottle on the truck and chase it with a really super soft terry towel.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Chemical guys makes a white specific wax ive used before on the 18 Mustang I had too.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
My GT500 is white and what I ended up doing is working panel by panel. I went through the first towel to remove the wax and used a second to catch anything I may have missed. It's definitely a pain however, if you work through each panel it makes it a bit easier.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I usually wax two, buff one wax one buff one wax one. That way, I'm not standing around waiting while each panel cures, I always have one ready to go.

I might give the CG stuff a try, if it's not too expensive. This a work truck, and while I do a lot of the stuff myself, I'm not going overboard for a company vehicle.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

It's a snap if you're working in a garage with the door up. Catch the paint from an angle looking toward the door. If there's a haze, you'll spot it immediately.

Post-Buffing1.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'm curious fellas, what waxes you're using? They sound "old school." I believe the technology has improved to the point where a spray wax can give you the same shine and protection in a tenth the time of application and removal.

Adam's Detail Spray and BeadMaker are my two Go To spray waxes. They may not last as long as an old school carnuba job would but it's so easy to apply and buff, it's NBD to wax after washing.
While wax is old school, I still use it on my Ranger and love how it looks. I have been using Collinite 845 for many years now and when I first tried it, I knew why it has such a great reputation. It applies easily, buffs off easily, looks & feels great and has exceptional ability to resist contaminants.

IMG_7544.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Obviously, I misspoke, DBF <smiling> but I hear ya. Back and I mean WAY back, I used to use Wesley's liquid wax. Easy on and off and, decent shine. But these days, with DA polishers, I don't need a wax with a mild compound so I stick with sprays.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Obviously, I misspoke, DBF <smiling> but I hear ya. Back and I mean WAY back, I used to use Wesley's liquid wax. Easy on and off and, decent shine. But these days, with DA polishers, I don't need a wax with a mild compound so I stick with sprays.
I use a lot of different paint protection products. Applying wax is very satisfying to me and the result is somehow different to spray sealants. I have heard it called a warm glow, whatever it is, wax still has a place for me.

After a fresh coat of 845 -

oct209.jpg