Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is not the thread for this discussion, so ill leave it here.
One of many considerations to go with the A10 was the overall first gear ratio for the auto of 4.70 x 3.55 = 16.685:1 compared to the Au tremec first gear of 3.25 x 3.55 = 11.537:1
For offline acceleration it is clear how much of an advantage the A10 has.
(traction permitted).
The A10 advantage I would say is everywhere when WOT

But the Tremec seems to have closed that gap. Hence why I was asking if it is 3:55 or 3:73 in AU
Sponsored

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
I would say that the Australian Mach 1 is the same as the EU one.
LSD and no ACC
Not 100% sure, but that would be my best "guess"

Reactions: 12g

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The only difference might be in the GPF filter that you don't have, which is why you have 345 kW instead of 338 kW and 556 NM instead of 529 NM torque.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Mexicans really like the blue, some nice views of it here.

Closeup overview of the Australian orange one with track review too.

Last edited:

Karlmiklis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 2021
I can 100% confirm for Australia:
- LSD 3:55 no torsen
- no acc
- no rear parking sensors
- no Mach 1 floor mats
- no red brake callipers (despite being shown in brochure shots as standard)
- standard steering shaft

Our spec sheet / brochure included all of the above as standard and we ordered cars based on this. Ford Australia are now working out what to do to compensate everyone who ordered one with all of these errors. Most people still want the car, but not at the hugely inflated premiums we were charged by dealers.

Sponsored

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
- no acc
- no Mach 1 floor mats

Our spec sheet / brochure included all of the above as standard and we ordered cars based on this. Ford Australia are now working out what to do to compensate everyone who ordered one with all of these errors. Most people still want the car, but not at the hugely inflated premiums we were charged by dealers.
The Torsen and coolers were the primary reasons I was keen on Mach over the GT, however I suspected early on this wasn’t the case with the Torsen and it would be the 3.55. Considering there’s no handling pack option, items you’ve identified above and others such as no tower strut brace it makes me wonder what else is missing. For a car that sounded so promising thats not an insignificant expense to close the gap to what I was expecting, even if I sourced parts and did most of the work myself. I wasn’t going to wait for the S650 but maybe that’s more of a realistic option. The question going around in my head is will there be a NA V8 in right hand drive form for that next generation mustang or will this be the swansong for it ? Very jealous of the guys in North America !

Last edited:

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
- no acc
- no Mach 1 floor mats

- no acc
- no Mach 1 floor mats

If that is the case the ACCC will likely be all over this, can see Ford Australia incurring a reasonable fine for misleading advertising.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is odd. The promotional photos of yellow EU Mach 1 showed engine compartment with that gorgeous strut tower brace. Weird they'd not include it for AU cars.

Standard steering shaft? Bloody hell. Maybe for RHD only?
Edit: Ah, it was mentioned here already, only for RHD indeed.

No Torsen diff and only 3.55:1 for export cars was suspected for a long time so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ford Australia, Mach 1 webpage no longer includes the full vehicle specification list.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
- no acc
- no Mach 1 floor mats

Well, none of these items was listed for the RHD UK cars, indeed it was stated in the UK brochure that there was no ACC and no reverse sensors, 3.55 and LSD. Ford was never going to produce two different RHD Export variants.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1 has stiffer steering intermediate shaft from GT500, you can read more about it here.

Simple things like adding that splined intermediate shaft from the Shelby GT500 combined with tuning efforts of John Oliver, who returned to the Mustang fold after previous dialing in the 2005 Mustang steering, delivered noticeable dividends. The Mach 1’s sharp steering features just the right level of assist. Moreover, the car tracks straight, even over rough pavement, which is an improvement over even the stellar Shelby GT350, which was prone to steering itself on uneven roads.

“So part of that is the hardware, that I-shaft, and part of that is the great work that John has done,” Del Zio said. “With those two things, along with the MagneRide, we were able to mitigate, that rut wander, both on the big-tire car and even on the smaller-tire base car.”

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1 has stiffer steering intermediate shaft from GT500, you can read more about it here.
Ok, it was stated the AU model don't have that updated shaft some posts ago.
Wonder where that is stated

Nothing mentioned about it here, or has this been known since before
236A5F2B-2BD1-4022-8D54-5901871239D5.jpeg

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The feature update is probably in regards to what was written in the brochure only (like Torsen diff, ACC etc). But the brochure doesn't say anything about stiffer steering shaft so they don't need to rectify that. It was written here in November that RHD cars don't get it. Honestly, we knew the export cars are not getting these features, it was clearly stated in all EU brochures, so it comes as no suprise to me that the Aussie brochure had it stated wrongly and now they're fixing it.

Karlmiklis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 2021
Ford aus have advised they are working on a fix for customers. The legal solution is simply cancel your order if you aren’t happy. The pessimists on the Aussie Mach 1 Facebook page think it will be a free service and the ability to cancel their order. The optimists are asking for $10k worth of parts to make it a HP car. The truth from Ford aus will likely be in the middle.
Sponsored