Sponsored

Who Names Their Cars and What Is It?

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I typically only name my cool cars, and my new 2021 Mustang is in need of a name. Obviously following the rules of car naming, it must be a female name. In the past I have had Sally, Eleanor, and countless others. So anybody else do this? If so, lets see pictures and names.

BTW, my wife suggested Black Betty, but I think it is overplayed.

GT.jpg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Mine's name is Bella. My rule for this is just whatever pops in my head first when I sit in it. In this case after I signed the papers and sat in the car to driver her home, that's what popped into my head. I think of it as the car telling me what it's name is.

Obviously it's a bit silly, but it's all in good fun.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I always name my vehicles too. My current mustang's name is Maeve. It means "she who intoxicates" or "she who rules" Apparently it's Irish, which I am not. I just like the name.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Personally I don't do it, but my kids name the cars. However, the mustang didn't get a name, it's just "the Mustang".

Nothing wrong with naming your car, just not my thing.

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I didn’t intend to name mine. It started by me saying I was going to take the Shelby for a drive, and quickly changed into “I’m taking Shelby for a drive”. So her name is Shelby. I know, real creative.

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
I typically only name my cool cars, and my new 2021 Mustang is in need of a name. Obviously following the rules of car naming, it must be a female name. In the past I have had Sally, Eleanor, and countless others. So anybody else do this? If so, lets see pictures and names.

GT.jpg
Don't see why it needs to be a FEMALE Name ? Back in High School in late 60's ooops gonna tell my age here . But my First car was a 57 Ford 312/stick shift moved to floor .. Was lucky to afford tires with TREAD on 'em . BUT my NAME was "BAD NEWS" after a Johnny Cash song with same title came out . Got me in a lot of fights . But us guys remember our cars moreso than my 1st Girlfriends LAST NAME ?? My 2018 STANG GT 5.0 10/speed . I call " RED HOT " . yep it's RED !!
Junqdawg

OP
OP
freudianfloyd

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Don't see why it needs to be a FEMALE Name ? Back in High School in late 60's ooops gonna tell my age here . But my First car was a 57 Ford 312/stick shift moved to floor .. Was lucky to afford tires with TREAD on 'em . BUT my NAME was "BAD NEWS" after a Johnny Cash song with same title came out . Got me in a lot of fights . But us guys remember our cars moreso than my 1st Girlfriends LAST NAME ?? My 2018 STANG GT 5.0 10/speed . I call " RED HOT " . yep it's RED !!
Junqdawg
I guess you are correct, it doesn't have to be a female name, I've just always given them female names.

Reactions: dps

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I play a fair bit of Mortal Kombat in my spare time so she became Mileena (versus Kitana due to M for Mach 1) thanks to my kids' suggestion. I think it is pretty cool so Mileena stuck. I think Maeve could have stuck too as I play Paladins a bit too!

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nope cant do it. Its a car. Not emotionally attached to anything that doesn't breathe.

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL

GT.jpg
I worked at a towing company that had all white trucks, except two. The black one was "Shaniqua" and the red one was "Ginger"

Semi racist, but still funny

Deleted member 35644

The convertible in my avatar is "Dixie". I named my first Mustang (below) "MLP", because she was My Little Pony. I never named my Ecoboost coupe, and I don't know what / if I'll name the new V6. I'm sure it will be equally as cheesy.

1102171721.jpg
Sponsored