Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Interesting... how do they plan to pay for road infrastructure when electric get tax credits but contribute nothing in the way of a gas tax?... oh, the vehicle miles traveled smh.

People making laws ain’t the smartest people.

How are ALL demographics gonna afford EVs? And, talk about a class problem there. Sheesh.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't take a blind person to understand why parts of Oregon & Washington want to become part of Idaho...

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; If this trend continues, at some point soon there will be no more development of ICE engines and the chassis needed to run them in.
While some components will work on either type of vehicle, my guess is an EV will have a very different sort of platform.
I have read that it takes several years to design and tool up for a new model. Maybe eight or more years under past conditions. Seems to me at some point a decision will have to be made by the car companies to drop the ICE models. They may have the tooling to carry on with established vehicles for a while, but at some point no new ICE platforms.

I guess some will depend on how successful they are with EV work trucks and over the road tractors.

I recorded some Wednesday night PBS nature shows a few of weeks ago. Shows about extinction and climate change. When I watched them some things did not stand out.
For sure there was lots of heavy dialogue and video pushing how terrible extinction and their version of climate change will be a disaster in time. That sort of stuff stood out clearly.

The ways we will al be expected to give up things and change out lifestyles was softly mentioned but did not stand out at all. Give up meat for one example. Use lots of less electricity for TV's, appliances and the other gadgets that we take for granted was another. The way I think about it is moving to a "do without" culture. Having lived in a do without manner in the past I have an idea of what this can mean. That each of us will be expected to have the smallest environmental footprint possible.
To "save" the planet we will be expected to go along with the things mentioned and the many other implied changes which will be necessary, but not mentioned. That we will be expected to switch over to EV's is a small part of the coming changes.

The thing I look for which is not mentioned anymore is the most basic issue. The single factor that has driven these various issues to a crisis point. That being overpopulation. For the huge number of people now alive to have a small enough "environmental footprint" on average to make a difference will mean many will have to do without things we think of as normal. Are you ready to make the needed changes?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The thing I look for which is not mentioned anymore is the most basic issue. The single factor that has driven these various issues to a crisis point. That being overpopulation. For the huge number of people now alive to have a small enough "environmental footprint" on average to make a difference will mean many will have to do without things we think of as normal. Are you ready to make the needed changes?
Covid?

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
These "bans" will never stand up - they violate the Interstate Commerce clause in so many ways its astounding.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; No not covid. Overpopulation of humans is the driving factor. My point being to reach the goals expressed by the save the planet from additional warming and stop extinction agendas will require somewhat drastic changes in the way we live. The way we use energy for one thing. I fear the belief in EV's being a sort of CO2 solution is not based on sound numbers. There are threads on this subject already in play on this site which have covered the topic.

A virus such as Covid is one of the predicted outcomes made long ago. As we humans exploit the environment we push deeper into new areas and can run across a pathogen capable of crossing over to people. Then the over crowding of populations and the ease of international travel can spread these around. Could be Covid did come from some animal and pass directly to people. That seems to be the story being pushed. I can also see another way the virus got into the human population.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
The ways we will al be expected to give up things and change out lifestyles was softly mentioned but did not stand out at all. Give up meat for one example. Use lots of less electricity for TV's, appliances and the other gadgets that we take for granted was another. The way I think about it is moving to a "do without" culture. Having lived in a do without manner in the past I have an idea of what this can mean. That each of us will be expected to have the smallest environmental footprint possible
The question I wonder about these people who are leading this charge is, would these people lead by example? I think not.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It's Washington State and Oregon, places I use to want to visit, not anymore.
Portland and Seattle convinced me.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The question I wonder about these people who are leading this charge is, would these people lead by example? I think not.
Hello; I tend to agree with you on this. There are enough examples of how the elites go about their business and still lecture us on how we are supposed to live.

Back in the late 1960 and early 1970's I was on the ZPG bandwagon (Zero Population Growth). That plan was to stop or slow population growth by each individual having only one child. A coyple having two only) That way there would be a stable population from then on. Well that did not happen as the population has nearly doubled.
However I made a commitment and had a vasectomy when I was around 25 years old and had not fathered any children. For me at least one of the ironies I hear from the save the planet types is when they talk about how they are doing their thing for their children.

I keep tropical fish in glass boxes. I learned long ago how difficult it is to keep an aquarium healthy if there are too many fish.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Just saw an article today which seems to illustrate my contention some want us to move to a "do without" lifestyle. Here is the link.

Biden Wants to Slash Emissions. Success Would Mean a Very Different America. (msn.com)

Some is spelled out clear enough, but some of the costs and restrictions are not. For example the cost of electricity if all coal fired power plants are shut down and no one is allowed to heat with natural gas.
I have a wood stove and a heat pump. I do not have very many fires during the winter. It has to be very cold outside or the power goes out. I figure they will stop me from burning wood if they can. Most likely fine or restrict those who cut and sell the wood.

The irony, for me, is it is my understanding countries like China continue to open new coal fired power plants currently with no plans to restrict their use until after 2030. So our economy in the USA will be damaged while others continue to be able to produce goods for less cost. Might not be too much fun when I am shivering in the dark while trying to pat an enormous electric bill. Do I charge my car or heat my home sort of thing.
Sponsored