Sponsored

What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking of unloading my 15 GT to fund buying this and starting the restore:
FFC60856-D41B-4082-9F14-D4385168658E.jpeg
I like old cars, but I wouldn't ever own one. they dont drive as nice or as strong as new ones, the luxuries I couldn't give up.

cool cars but wouldn't catch me dead selling a modern car to restore an old car, money pits. if you want a restored, buy it restored.
Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am thinking of unloading my 15 GT to fund buying this and starting the restore:
FFC60856-D41B-4082-9F14-D4385168658E.jpeg
Thinking the same, but not as a restore. For one, they are terrible driving cars other than in a straight line and only if you have a sand trap to stop you! I had a 65 4speed with drum brakes and no power steering in high school and it was a handful and probably down right dangerous let alone in the hands of a 16 year old! Fast forward 35+ years and I would add modern brakes, AC and other modern amenities to make it safer and more fun to drive.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like old cars, but I wouldn't ever own one. they dont drive as nice or as strong as new ones, the luxuries I couldn't give up.

cool cars but wouldn't catch me dead selling a modern car to restore an old car, money pits. if you want a restored, buy it restored.
People love the shit out classic cars if the car shows are any indication. What I will be doing is buying a Restomod. Old car\truck body with all new shit.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Vroom offer today of $27,340 for my 15 GT PP 36k miles paid $29,990 in 2016 that is over 91% of current value. I think I could get about what I paid in a private sale tbh not that I'm selling
Got a new offer today of $29,922 basically the same price I paid 20,000 miles ago. Crazy

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2

It’s very expensive to restore a car and takes allot more time to do. Make sure that’s what you want because it can be a all consuming task. I’ve done several cars. I helping a buddy finish up his super nice 67 GT fastback s code big block he’s been working on for 25 years.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It’s very expensive to restore a car and takes allot more time to do. Make sure that’s what you want because it can be a all consuming task. I’ve done several cars. I helping a buddy finish up his super nice 67 GT fastback s code big block he’s been working on for 25 years.
That’s what I mean, if I wanted one, I’d pony up the money for a professionally done one. I’ve seen people spend a lot and a lot of money and have a nice car. To see a full restored one go for half what they had in their own car. I’m torn on how I would approach it

but new cars drive so much better than old. That’s a fact, but some like the charm of older cars just for that simplicity.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
That’s what I mean, if I wanted one, I’d pony up the money for a professionally done one. I’ve seen people spend a lot and a lot of money and have a nice car. To see a full restored one go for half what they had in their own car. I’m torn on how I would approach it

but new cars drive so much better than old. That’s a fact, but some like the charm of older cars just for that simplicity.
Oh yeah new car much better.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Interesting huge rise in estimated value for my car over the past month with Kelly Blue Book numbers.

March 13 2021: Trade $29000 - $32600, Private Party Sell $31300 - $34900.

April 18 2021: Trade $32500 - $36200, Private Party $34400 - $38300.

This is without telling them I have leather seats, or of course without any value for the 4.09's and suspension mods.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Just out of curiosity, I checked mine. Carvana was $31 and change, and Vroom, they came it at $36k. I paid 30,500 2 years ago! '17 PP 401A. Gonna check my payoff and see id I can swing the Mach 1. Probably not, too many other things going on to try and pull this off, but damn, that's gonna be hard to pass up.

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
For shiz and giggles I checked mine with Vroom...2016 GT Premium.. $30100... I’m very tempted but I hadn’t even really thought of what I would replace it with if I did..

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
...Vroom, they came it at $36k.... that's gonna be hard to pass up.
For a 2017? That's staggering.

So, has anyone actually sold their car to vroom and did they make good on their offer?
This is what I want to know. As I may have written earlier (or in a different thread) I did some research before selling my car, and there are numerous complaints about poor follow-up from Vroom, like making timely payments. I hesitated because I could imagine them saying "yeah, we offered you 34 but you didn't tell us that there was a scratch on the trunk lid and it looks like you buggered-up the side mirror, so now it's 28." And then I have to wait for them to ship my car back, which could take a while not to mention the potential for further damage.

So I went with Carvana, which was less money but I got the check when they picked up the car.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I sold my 2019 f150 to vroom very easy process. Enter your info provide the docs they want schedule a pick up had my loan payed off with the money owed to me in less than a week.
I’m currently selling my 2018 mustang gt to them. 2018 gt 301a with nav 11500 miles for 35k. Started the process Monday morning. Paperwork was sent overnight to me got it yesterday afternoon overnight return shows to be there by 4:30pm. Should have it gone and check in hand by this time next week. Will all depend on pick up options.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just signed the contract. Waiting for a pickup.

process

1. Offer - Wait 3 days for potentially bigger offer
2. Upload docs like title, id, loan info
3. They send contract for signature
4. Payoff any negative equity with cashiers check or if under $5000 a debit card
4. If your state requires it you sign the title and send it back to them.
5. They pickup your car or you are able to take it to them
6. once they get your car and insect it they will send you a check if you have a equity.
So from what you have posted, what's in the fine print of that contract you signed? Can they change the payoff on you after they have or come get the car?

They don't pay you on the spot like Carvana, you're waiting for them to send a check after you have signed it over and relinquished the car? That's the part I don't like about their process. Think of it this way - would you ever turn over your vehicle and let someone you don't know come and get it with the promise of paying for it 3 days later?

Are you still required to carry insurance on it while it's in "processing mode" and in their possession?

Last edited:

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
So from what you have posted, what's in the fine print of that contract you signed? Can they change the payoff on you after they have or come get the car?

They don't pay you in the spot like Carvana, you're waiting for them to send a check after you have sighed it over and relinquished the car? That's the part I don't like about their process. Think of it this way - would you ever turn over your vehicle and let someone you don't know come and get it with the promise of paying for it 3 days later?

Are you still required to carry insurance on it while it's in "processing mode" and in their possession?
My understanding is that they get the car and inspect it. If it fails (for whatever reason they determine) then they can renegotiate the price. Aside from that, my big issue was that if they take their own sweet time to send me a check, what can I do about it?

You should maintain insurance on any car that you sell until the check clears. IMHO. A few extra dollars to reduce a lot of headache should something bad happen.

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
After my offer from Vroom I browsed online at what’s out there... it’s a wash since you’ll pay a premium when buying something else..

Unless you’re totally eliminating an extra vehicle..

It takes no effort to get a GT to the $50K+ price range.. I just can’t see myself spending $50K on a car... I guess $50k is the new $20k eh ? Lol
Sponsored