Sponsored

What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I was at ford dealership today, they have ECOBOOST BASE MUSTANGS 2015 year, manual with 25k miles, for 27,000 pricing, and another 18 premium ecoboost a10, for 30-31k used. granted, they are CPO 100k warranty cars. but ef that.

the sales guy says, no joke they will be gone in a week.
That's bat shit insane. We bought my wife's 2018 EB a10 prem vert for 21k I think? I don't remember the exact number but it's posted around here somewhere. This was 18 months ago. It was a CPO as well.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That's bat shit insane. We bought my wife's 2018 EB a10 prem vert for 21k I think? I don't remember the exact number but it's posted around here somewhere. This was 18 months ago. It was a CPO as well.
welcome to covid. our dealerships have had record sales, every single month month after month since covid started. absolutely astounding how much people are willing to pay for crap vehicles now. People dont care when they got unemployment+bonus+stims rolling into bank account monthly I guess. for half the year, they didn't even have cars, as soon as they arrived, sold. probably still same thing.

he told me today when I went inside, they sold all 10 of their mach e's already that they just received, they was debuting, the bronco inside today when I was there, and you better believe, there was a ton of buyers in line waiting to sign up for it.

oh btw. ford had some hot ass chics doing the presenation/demo in the showroom. I will give them that.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Vroom is offering me $29,000 for my 16 GTPP with 35,100 miles. I paid 35k for it 4 years ago with 0% interest and I owe $9,000, seems like a no brainer but I might wait because it seems the offers are increasing by the day. I have a 07 Accord beater I can drive whenever needed and I work remote. My wife and I just purchased a Wrangler 4xe and I'm in love all over again anyway.

I don't understand why the demand for used cars is so high, and I don't understand where everyone is getting the money. I suspect they are taking on loads of debt, similar to how truck buyers will drop $60-80k on a truck that they use for groceries. I understand there is a new car shortage because of covid, but a fuck ton of people also lost their jobs and salaries are not keeping up with the cost of inflation. These car loans will be upside-down within a year, manufacturing will catch up.

Same situation with the housing market, I thought that would crash but millionaires are still buying up all of the properties so they can flip it or rent it. Being an average American is becoming pretty unreachable even with a high paying salary.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Paid $34K plus TTF in June 2018 and spent about $4500 in mods. Dealer I'm buying the Mach from is giving $32K trade and Vroom offered $32,875. Carmax wouldn't give an online offer, asked me to bring it in for an appraisal but the closest one is 2 hours away. Carvana offered $30,089.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
For anyone who does use Vroom or the others, please let us know how the process goes, good or bad..

Sponsored

302cui

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt 6sp manual
All these threads make me start to think if now is the time to sell. Sell my 16 gt to carvana and take the cash to get a 21 gt ppp.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Vroom is offering me $29,000 for my 16 GTPP with 35,100 miles. I paid 35k for it 4 years ago with 0% interest and I owe $9,000, seems like a no brainer but I might wait because it seems the offers are increasing by the day. I have a 07 Accord beater I can drive whenever needed and I work remote. My wife and I just purchased a Wrangler 4xe and I'm in love all over again anyway.

I don't understand why the demand for used cars is so high, and I don't understand where everyone is getting the money. I suspect they are taking on loads of debt, similar to how truck buyers will drop $60-80k on a truck that they use for groceries. I understand there is a new car shortage because of covid, but a fuck ton of people also lost their jobs and salaries are not keeping up with the cost of inflation. These car loans will be upside-down within a year, manufacturing will catch up.

Same situation with the housing market, I thought that would crash but millionaires are still buying up all of the properties so they can flip it or rent it. Being an average American is becoming pretty unreachable even with a high paying salary.
got an aqctaince that is a piece of work, in cahoots with boss, got listed as unemployed/laid off, gets full unemployment+stimulus bonus, + stimulus's and her kids, $$$$. and she works under the table. she's bringing in like 6k a month now. all tax free, has been since covid started.

she's a piece of crap.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
My buddy with a base 2015 GT auto just got quoted $26,819 from Vroom. I'm waiting for him to confirm the mileage, but I know it's up there. The car has been his DD for four years with several trips to FL and back. He bought it a year old with <2k miles for around $10k off its original price.

I'm pretty sure he'll take the option and upgrade to a 2021. I'll keep you all posted if he decides to sell and how that goes.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
got an aqctaince that is a piece of work, in cahoots with boss, got listed as unemployed/laid off, gets full unemployment+stimulus bonus, + stimulus's and her kids, $$$$. and she works under the table. she's bringing in like 6k a month now. all tax free, has been since covid started.

she's a piece of crap.
She sucks but these aren't the big fish gaming the system, these people have little play in the grand scheme. I don't really care about her. Look higher, it's the millionaires and billionaires and corporations you should be angry with. Amazon, among hundreds of other Fortune 500s, pay no taxes. Walmart is the largest employer and they use government welfare to subsidize low employee wages. End stage capitalism is destroying our economy.

Just think about vroom for a second. It's funded by billionaire investors. If they buy up all of the used cars they can essentially price them however they want. I am sure that plays a huge role here - these companies have an opportunity to corner the market and it seems they're going for it. We may never see prices come down. The housing market is the same way, individuals are not the problem.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My buddy with a base 2015 GT auto just got quoted $26,819 from Vroom. I'm waiting for him to confirm the mileage, but I know it's up there. The car has been his DD for four years with several trips to FL and back. He bought it a year old with <2k miles for around $10k off its original price.

I'm pretty sure he'll take the option and upgrade to a 2021. I'll keep you all posted if he decides to sell and how that goes.
If he's smart, he'll figure out what be can buy, and at what price, before he decides to sell.

Right now new vehicles are going for sticker +, and stock is limited. Your friend might just be heading for a really big mistake, grabbing at the brass ring of trade in dollars, when nothing else is available at a reasonable price.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
All these threads make me start to think if now is the time to sell. Sell my 16 gt to carvana and take the cash to get a 21 gt ppp.
Be careful, you might be paying sticker + for a 21 GT.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
We need a new subforum - A place where forum members can post their carvana offer and sell the car for that price here on the forum to another member (or friend of a member) instead of selling to the online buyers. There should be no lowballing because the owner knows what he could get from the online buyers. It would just give people a chance to buy cars instead of the online companies controlling the resale market. I'm sure there are issues with this but it could possibly work...

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Not much from Carvana but vroom offered me way more than what I paid for it last year. If I do decide to sell it to them I'll probably get a newer gt this time.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting for an offer for mine from vroom. Seem like the best bet since Carmax wanted me to drive to them, 60 miles away, just to give me a price.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't tried to see what I'd get for mine. It's paid for and I don't really want another car note for awhile. Those of you that enquired about the worth of their cars, has the car dealers bombarded you with emails or phone calls?
Sponsored