Vehicle Showcase

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
That stupid thing caused my ears to pop when I had the windows down. I was pissed it was just how the cabin worked but nope, sound tube. Bye bye
This is an interesting statement- are you saying wind buffeting is more pronounced with the sound tube than without? Trying to picture how that could be the case. Unless it allows for more air volume to escape the cabin, the incoming air pressure waves will likely over power what ever the sound tube can produce.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
This is an interesting statement- are you saying wind buffeting is more pronounced with the sound tube than without? Trying to picture how that could be the case. Unless it allows for more air volume to escape the cabin, the incoming air pressure waves will likely over power what ever the sound tube can produce.
It doesn't allow any air into the cabin. That round thing about midway is a diaphragm and only sound / vibrations make it into the cabin.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Java I can do, but hate it. Compile/Decompile rinse repeat. F'ing pain in the arse.
Years, er, decades ago :crazy: I did a decent amount of Java/J2EE, contributed to some books (on the subject) wrote one of the first CMS products (listed In the Oracle Java catalog) and kind of recent-ish (in the Java related Lang’s) picked up Scala and Kotlin.

I pretty much get to define what we use, so for my major fed clients we stick with an MS stack, and for our other major project in the clinical analytic space it’s backend workers in Python (with libs like TensorFlow) for ML work, with some services in Go - in either case, lots of JS/framework-of-the-week front end - and Obj-C/Swift for native iOS, plus lots of middleware services.

All from the homestead here at the beach :sunglasses:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't allow any air into the cabin. That round thing about midway is a diaphragm and only sound / vibrations make it into the cabin.
That’s what I thought, so I don’t see how it could enhance or detract from the wind buffeting pressure waves. Unless removing it creates an extra hole in the cabin for the air to escape.

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I am familiar with the sound tube, first saw it on the first generation BMW Z4 in the mid 2000s. I think you may be misunderstanding my comments. A previous poster stated his ears were popping with the windows down and claimed removing the sound tube was the resolution. Usually when someone complains about the ear popping with the windows down, they are referring to what’s called wind buffeting. Essentially you get a pressure wave that builds and collapses rapidly as air tries to enter and simultaneously escape the vehicle cabin. I’m sure you have experienced it, it’s pretty unmistakable, and it can be incredibly loud to the point of being painful. So when the sound tube removal was said to possibly be the resolution to this, I wanted to very this was what was being talked about, and try to figure out how it could possibly be the case. The only thing I can think of, is that a new hole is opened up where the sound tube used to be, allowing more air to escape than coming in, thereby stopping the buffeting.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out my car has FOUR sound tubes installed by Ford.... every single one of them pumps sound into the interior when the windows are down:

pipes.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this dilemma.....??????
Thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it ............. does not look broke and did not sound broke the last time heard on the black top...
:champagne:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Correct, with or without a sound tube, the cabin is sealed, unless removing it opens a new hole, in which case the conditions to start the pressure wave might change. This is what I was curious about, yet also skeptical.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that’s pretty small. What is it, maybe 2 inches? I can’t believe that has enough effect on anything to be noticeable.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
What's the hose clamp all about. ? Installed a Roush CIA, firewall plug was in the kit. Was an interference type of deal. (snapped in)

That thing look likes over kill and a PIA to install. 2 parts and a clamp suggest going inside & under the dash ?

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
What's the hose clamp all about. ? Installed a Roush CIA, firewall plug was in the kit. Was an interference type of deal. (snapped in)

That thing look likes over kill and a PIA to install. 2 parts and a clamp suggest going inside & under the dash ?
One plug is for firewall. Hose clamp and other plug are for use with stock air box.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.