Sponsored

Atlanta Street Racers nabbed in sting

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I believe it. Lol just last week at a car meet 50-60 cars hanging out, a dope boy showed up in a dinked Chrysler 300, he started drifting around parking lot trying to show off and smashed into a cart corral at sams club.

Now that meet that’s been going on for over 10 years isn’t permitted. That guy wasn’t even apart of the meet/regular group just some dumbass.

Still made me smile seeing him total his car from looks of it. He drove off too. But massive damage.

But, the same scenario. Cops can’t show up and charge the 50-60 of us bystanders for causing the damage? We didn’t do it.
SImilar, had a meet at a local Mall and a guy showed up in a 94-95 GT dn startedt doing burn outs, he wasnt evne part of us, didnt even stop to talk to anyone. Just showed up did a huge burn out then left. We ere kicked out after that.

Couple weeks ago a local C&C was canceled because some idiot decided to blow a stop sign and crash his 370Z. it's always a SMALL amount of idiots that ruin everything for the larger group.
Sponsored

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
When I was younger we used to meet up at the old industrial complex and line up. Away from all the neighborhoods and traffic. The cops knew but they never gave us a hard time as long as nobody was crashing into anything.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
SImilar, had a meet at a local Mall and a guy showed up in a 94-95 GT dn startedt doing burn outs, he wasnt evne part of us, didnt even stop to talk to anyone. Just showed up did a huge burn out then left. We ere kicked out after that.

Couple weeks ago a local C&C was canceled because some idiot decided to blow a stop sign and crash his 370Z. it's always a SMALL amount of idiots that ruin everything for the larger group.

Exactly why the issue in OP is wrong. Yeah some go race after meets, but you better be damned knowing I will be filing a lawsuit for arresting me for simply being at a car meet. There’s nothing illegal about what 90% of those kids do.

Find a video of me doing a race otherwise let me go and enjoy the suit.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Exactly why the issue in OP is wrong. Yeah some go race after meets, but you better be damned knowing I will be filing a lawsuit for arresting me for simply being at a car meet. There’s nothing illegal about what 90% of those kids do.

Find a video of me doing a race otherwise let me go and enjoy the suit.
But these "meets" are just a non-sanctioned groups hanging out in a private parking lot without permission. Even damaging stuff and tearing up the lot.

If they make spectating illegal they will bust you and impound your car. Sure, you might get off or the charges dropped, but you will be inconvenienced to say the least. Think they will bring a nice flat bed for your lowered 'Stang? Not a chance.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
As a area where street racing and meets can enter hundreds or thousand cars, only like a few of them race. So imo, waste to hit the meets to catch the 10 racers.

They shouldn’t be allowed to punish spectators. People like me going and hanging out, only catch those in the car. Those few deserve punishment but not all 88 of those kids was racing
Prob 10 of them. I’m all for watching those 10 people do doughnuts or wreck their car. That’s why I go to them lol

California’s rules are trickling out yet again, Itl be illegal to even be near a meet.
Back in the 60's everybody used to run from light to light. Finally the cops told us to go to this one highway right where it starts and shut down before the first entrance ramp. They were pretty cool cops back in the day but after they told us that if you were caught running light to light they loaded you up with a bunch of tickets. The first time you got a warning and they told you about the road they picked out for us the second time you got busted. Seemed very fair at the time.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
But these "meets" are just a non-sanctioned groups hanging out in a private parking lot without permission. Even damaging stuff and tearing up the lot.

If they make spectating illegal they will bust you and impound your car. Sure, you might get off or the charges dropped, but you will be inconvenienced to say the least. Think they will bring a nice flat bed for your lowered 'Stang? Not a chance.
Ok Boomer

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

They’d be liable for damages if it wasn’t illegal. You’d have to argue it sure but not impossible

Can they make it “illegal” to spectate? California started doing it, also car meets shut down as “covid” spreaders. A lot of cops shut down large groups of anything under those pretenses

But lemme tell ya, BLM etc, they never got shut down in my area. Not equal treatment at all.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok Boomer
Snort!

Yep, time has made me wise. These kids are messing it up for us all for a bit of late night public masturbation. Most have never run from a dig for any real money (we used to race for pink slips back in the day) and they really don't know what they are doing.

I don't particularly care except that I get the stink eye now from cops when I am trying to have some fun.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’d be liable for damages if it wasn’t illegal. You’d have to argue it sure but not impossible

Can they make it “illegal” to spectate? California started doing it, also car meets shut down as “covid” spreaders. A lot of cops shut down large groups of anything under those pretenses

But lemme tell ya, BLM etc, they never got shut down in my area. Not equal treatment at all.
They can certainly make it illegal to be a spectator at an ostensibly illegal "meet". Yep. Especially so if something gets tore up bad or some knucklehead gets hurt or killed.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What’s illegal about a gaggle of cars driving around and parking? It isn’t illegal til something is done bad, Ie break law racing or doughnuts. Til then it’s no different than any other group of cars driving together in a pack

I can’t see how a car gathering can be called illegal is my point, any group of cars in a parking lot can be a meet?

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s illegal about a gaggle of cars driving around and parking? It isn’t illegal til something is done bad, Ie break law racing or doughnuts. Til then it’s no different than any other group of cars driving together in a pack

I can’t see how a car gathering can be called illegal is my point, any group of cars in a parking lot can be a meet?
The Sam's Club parking lot isn't a public place. These are not real meets in the true sense of the word. It's a bunch of kids getting together at night and some of them do stupid shit. Sure, they may not be part of the official group, but you have set up a nuisance that draws in that type of behavior.

They could make doing so illegal per code I suppose, or you all just get trespassed once by Sam's Club and then if you are there again can be pinched.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package

It’s considered loitering in some areas.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I like what I saw in the article about certain cities organizing locations and streets for this kind of activity. I think if police spent a bit of money on organizing the events legally and police them rather than trying to catch people at illegal ones it would benefit a lot more people and help relations between the groups. Plus local food trucks could come out and such. Then when there’s a good network of legally setup street racing then you really crack down on any illegal events.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They don’t pursue cars who don’t stop in my area so makes sense that they are now trapping them at the car meets beforehand or bikes. Only if you committed a felony/assault/murder type deal
Sponsored