Sponsored

Atlanta Street Racers nabbed in sting

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Roll the dice...sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Good. Here around CO it's been getting dangerously out of hand. Regardless of the normal nuisances, such as waking neighborhoods up throughout the night, closing down the highway, and getting toyed with when you don't want to race anyone - it's been getting very dangerous here. Multiple shootings, crashes, fights, car thefts, etc. It's gotten to the point where you don't want to go out after sundown in anything, especially a sports car, for fear of getting caught up in that crap. When it gets to the point where the general public is at risk of having stray bullets fly through their cars/houses, or getting jumped pumping gas for no other reason than being caught in the middle of 50 racers pulling into a gas station and starting fights, then this shit needs to be shut down. Sorry not sorry to any racers on the forum.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not sure I agree with everyone in attendance getting arrested without getting busted in action.

However, it’s probably safe to say all of them would’ve lined up on the streets later that night.

I used to street race, but it was with people I knew in areas where there weren’t other vehicles. Risking your own safety versus the safety of people not involved are two very different things. Almost got caught a few times and after seeing other people get busted, grew out of it.

The scene today is pathetic. Shutting down public roads/highways/intersections for “slide shows”, people running into the way of cars to get “sick footage” and getting taken out by the idiots driving is Darwinism at its finest. Can’t stand watching videos of people line up and weaving in and out of traffic at 120-150mph.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
They are starting to crack down where I live on all this nonsense. Cops are everywhere now and are hyper aware of anyone in a sports car. Sucks for us all.

I used to street race too. What these kids are doing today is nothing like old-school street racing. We didn't tear up city streets or parking lots like fools. We were into not drawing attention as opposed to showing off.

Sponsored

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
It's all glorified on TV, the movies and social media. Kinda like when you were a kid watching karate movies, then you wanted to act like Bruce Lee. Still in this country you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Not guilty by association.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
It's the thrills of breaking the laws without getting caught... I understand it. However, as we get older and realize that we are not invincible anymore (lol), we should gain a bit of common sense. Where I live, there are 2 drag straps nearby and around $25 gets you on an NHRA sanctioned strip. But street racing will always happen... (I'm taking the 5th amendment at this point)

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imo waste of man power on these kids
Really? They are being total douche bags and damaging property and people are getting hurt. All this nonsense leads the cops to have a hard on for us all now. All of us with modified cars are getting lumped into the same group with these kids.

We used to race back in the day and had lots of fun times with out all the nonsense.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm always suspicious of these headlines.

I was part of a "50+ car 100+ person street racing bust" before. In reality we were just standing around in an empty Old Country Buffett parking lot and one guy in a Civic decided to try to run. The cops even felt need to pull gun on a family in a car that had just come out of OCB and were trying to drive home. The whole event ended up in some suits and lots of court cases. The news later changed their headlines to say "loitering bust", but that was after the fact.

Really the guys doing street racing were doing so about 5 blocks away, that was the towns "circuit" and everyone knew it. The cops didn't care and just found it easier to bust the impromptu car meet than the ACTUAL guys racing light to light.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Really? They are being total douche bags and damaging property and people are getting hurt. All this nonsense leads the cops to have a hard on for us all now. All of us with modified cars are getting lumped into the same group with these kids.

We used to race back in the day and had lots of fun times with out all the nonsense.
As a area where street racing and meets can enter hundreds or thousand cars, only like a few of them race. So imo, waste to hit the meets to catch the 10 racers.

They shouldn’t be allowed to punish spectators. People like me going and hanging out, only catch those in the car. Those few deserve punishment but not all 88 of those kids was racing
Prob 10 of them. I’m all for watching those 10 people do doughnuts or wreck their car. That’s why I go to them lol

California’s rules are trickling out yet again, Itl be illegal to even be near a meet.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
As a area where street racing and meets can enter hundreds or thousand cars, only like a few of them race. So imo, waste to hit the meets to catch the 10 racers.

They shouldn’t be allowed to punish spectators. People like me going and hanging out, only catch those in the car. Those few deserve punishment but not all 88 of those kids was racing
Prob 10 of them. I’m all for watching those 10 people do doughnuts or wreck their car. That’s why I go to them lol

California’s rules are trickling out yet again, Itl be illegal to even be near a meet.
This ain't Cali, this same thing happened to me like 12+yrs ago in Pensyltucky, an as Conservative are as you can get area. It's all about cops wanting numbers and headlines.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This ain't Cali, this same thing happened to me like 12+yrs ago in Pensyltucky, an as Conservative are as you can get area. It's all about cops wanting numbers and headlines.
I believe it. Lol just last week at a car meet 50-60 cars hanging out, a dope boy showed up in a dinked Chrysler 300, he started drifting around parking lot trying to show off and smashed into a cart corral at sams club.

Now that meet that’s been going on for over 10 years isn’t permitted. That guy wasn’t even apart of the meet/regular group just some dumbass.

Still made me smile seeing him total his car from looks of it. He drove off too. But massive damage.

But, the same scenario. Cops can’t show up and charge the 50-60 of us bystanders for causing the damage? We didn’t do it.

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Meets"

LOL! Just a bunch of testosterone hanging out in parking lots resisting the urge for a circle jerk.

Kidding! 😙
Sponsored