Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I don’t understand the love affairs with performance SUV’s. In fact I don’t get the whole concept of a performance SUV. I don’t care what you do to them there is no way they will handle well. Sure they can go very fast in a straight line but there’s also a good chance of flipping over. I don’t get it.
You should drive one and see if your opinion is still the same. Depending on what suv you’re talking about, they can handle very good for what they are. If you need the practicality of an suv, why not improve the handling and brakes?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have driven a couple of different ones and have come away with the same impression on both them. I think they are dangerous and will never handle well. I drove the Explorer ST and the Jeep Trackhawk. No thank you.
So you don’t own an suv or truck? What should people do that need one of those?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you need an SUV or truck then get one. Why would you get a performance one? If you need a truck get a truck. If you want a sports/muscle car then get one. They are 2 completely different animals and in my opinion should not be mixed.
Because if I want an suv, I want one with the best possible handling. Why settle for less? Sorry I just don’t understand the logic. Because it’s not a sports car it should not have improved performance?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having the best possible handling is great all SUV's should have the best possible handling but no matter what you do the handling is not gonna be that good. The real question is why put 750 HP in an SUV and please don't tell me it's so you can haul stuff. You're begging for trouble with that kind of power in a truck. You know as well as I do some idiot is gonna think he's Mario Andretti and kill himself or someone else.
And that same idiot won’t behave the same way in a 750 ho sports car?
How many SUV’s have 750 hp? I thought we were talking about performance SUV’s in general, the vast majority of which do not have anywhere near that. I was merely commenting on the fact I can’t get behind the logic of not wanting a performance suv in general because sports cars exist. I want every vehicle I own to be the best performer it can be. I’ll take responsibility for not pushing it into an unsafe position. Somehow I’ve survived this long having put a decent amount of miles on a trailblazer ss, srt jeep, and a whippled Yukon Denali. Guess I’ll just keep rolling the dice and hope it doesn’t roll over on me.

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't know about safely in the garage though...I'd be double and triple checking those bikes that look like they are coming in for a landing...If it were me, I'd be finding them a new home instead of being in a holding pattern over the Mach!

Beautiful car, congrats.

1616107051762.png

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I don't know about safely in the garage though...I'd be double and triple checking those bikes that look like they are coming in for a landing...If it were me, I'd be finding them a new home instead of being in a holding pattern over the Mach!

Beautiful car, congrats.

1616107051762.png
Murphy's law.

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545

Beautiful car, congrats.
My Mach has not arrived yet, but when it does (next week I hope) It too will have to live under some hanging bikes.:rockon:

hanging bikes web.jpg

Sponsored

Deleted member 56911

So I picked up my Mach 1 in the Boston area on 3/9 and on 3/11 I left for the Tallahassee area in my new Mach 1, it was a bit nerve racking for me to drive that far during what most would consider the break-in period but I did my best to alter my speeds and avoided using cruise control. It had less than 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

It's a manual with the B&O sound system, appearance package and nav.

For anyone interested, here's my chassis number, I'm thinking a few people will get a chuckle out of it.
20210311_093502.jpg

I'd previously owned a 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack option and this Mach 1 is every bit as good as I remember my GT and so much more. The clutch pedal was something I was thinking I might have to fix 1st as the feel from my 2015 was just awful so I'd replaced it with the Steeda clutch spring and that was easily the best $20 mod ever. Well my concerns were unfounded, the clutch pedal in the Mach 1 is perfect, nice and consistent the entire travel distance.

I used the on-board GPS as I was traveling alone and it performed well for me, I would like to see a way to view the route list rather than just a map overview but I can always do that with my phone so it's really a trivial complaint. Fuel mileage was very good imo, I put only 93 octane in the entire drive and will only ever put 93 octane in as I feel it gives a slight performance boost.

20210313_201130.jpg

The only real complaint I have, and I'm sure once I have a few minutes to figure it out I can fix it, is that the car has automatic high beams. They would come on and off mostly at the right times, but I will disable that as soon as I figure out how so I don't accidently blind someone by leaving them on too long or having them turn on while I follow them. They seemed to flip on and off a little too frequently for my taste while driving on a divided highway with some trees in the middle of the road.

It took my 3 days to get down to the Tallahassee area and I'm looking forward to getting it out on the weekends to cruise around in, but for now it's parked safely in my parents garage. I'll be down here for about 6 weeks before I make the return trip, I'm looking forward to getting out on the weekends for some cruising around the area.

20210314_124638.jpg

20210314_124649.jpg
Congrats on the new ride!

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
So I picked up my Mach 1 in the Boston area on 3/9 and on 3/11 I left for the Tallahassee area in my new Mach 1, it was a bit nerve racking for me to drive that far during what most would consider the break-in period but I did my best to alter my speeds and avoided using cruise control. It had less than 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

It's a manual with the B&O sound system, appearance package and nav.

For anyone interested, here's my chassis number, I'm thinking a few people will get a chuckle out of it.
20210311_093502.jpg

I'd previously owned a 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack option and this Mach 1 is every bit as good as I remember my GT and so much more. The clutch pedal was something I was thinking I might have to fix 1st as the feel from my 2015 was just awful so I'd replaced it with the Steeda clutch spring and that was easily the best $20 mod ever. Well my concerns were unfounded, the clutch pedal in the Mach 1 is perfect, nice and consistent the entire travel distance.

I used the on-board GPS as I was traveling alone and it performed well for me, I would like to see a way to view the route list rather than just a map overview but I can always do that with my phone so it's really a trivial complaint. Fuel mileage was very good imo, I put only 93 octane in the entire drive and will only ever put 93 octane in as I feel it gives a slight performance boost.

20210313_201130.jpg

The only real complaint I have, and I'm sure once I have a few minutes to figure it out I can fix it, is that the car has automatic high beams. They would come on and off mostly at the right times, but I will disable that as soon as I figure out how so I don't accidently blind someone by leaving them on too long or having them turn on while I follow them. They seemed to flip on and off a little too frequently for my taste while driving on a divided highway with some trees in the middle of the road.

It took my 3 days to get down to the Tallahassee area and I'm looking forward to getting it out on the weekends to cruise around in, but for now it's parked safely in my parents garage. I'll be down here for about 6 weeks before I make the return trip, I'm looking forward to getting out on the weekends for some cruising around the area.

20210314_124638.jpg

20210314_124649.jpg
Now that is a classically beautiful machine. Congrats!

How does the Tremec feel - I've never had the chance to try it but it must be a massive step beyond the MT-82.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Because if I want an suv, I want one with the best possible handling. Why settle for less? Sorry I just don’t understand the logic. Because it’s not a sports car it should not have improved performance?
I've never been a fan of performance SUVs, either, but I just got spanked by one of those jeep grand cherokees with awd and a hellcat engine. I still wouldn't buy one, especially at that price point, but it was pretty cool watching that thing teleport to 60 mph. F**k me was that fast.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Did you go to the SUV Performance Track Attack? My GF and I did. clearly Stageron is unfamiliar with how well these Explorer ST handle. It was amazing to put it through its paces on the slalom and the multiple agility test they had for owners.

OP
OP
BTR75

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)

Beautiful car, congrats.

1616107051762.png
The bikes are quite secure in their position above the Mach. đź‘Ť

Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks!

Now that is a classically beautiful machine. Congrats!

How does the Tremec feel - I've never had the chance to try it but it must be a massive step beyond the MT-82.
I love the feel of it, I'm impressed with everything about it right down to the clutch spring.
Sponsored