Learned a couple of things today

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Local dealer had a Mach 1 in the showroom so I went to look at it. First off, the car looks fantastic in all the pictures I’ve seen but doesn’t come close to how beautiful it is in person. It’s absolutely breathtaking. Secondly, FJG is really nice but I thought it would be darker and I wasn’t crazy about the orange accents. I ordered mine last month and went with Iconic Silver (Sight unseen). When I was leaving I noticed a silver GT in the parking lot, I went over to check it out and I must say that color is gorgeous. Now I’m sitting here with a delivery date of 5/2 wondering how I’m gonna get through the next six weeks. Lol. By the way this car had a sticker of $60,300 and a $15,000 mark up. What a crime. I got mine at MSRP just 20 miles from this dealer.
Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Local dealer had a Mach 1 in the showroom so I went to look at it. First off, the car looks fantastic in all the pictures I’ve seen but doesn’t come close to how beautiful it is in person. It’s absolutely breathtaking. Secondly, FJG is really nice but I thought it would be darker and I wasn’t crazy about the orange accents. I ordered mine last month and went with Iconic Silver (Sight unseen). When I was leaving I noticed a silver GT in the parking lot, I went over to check it out and I must say that color is gorgeous. Now I’m sitting here with a delivery date of 5/2 wondering how I’m gonna get through the next six weeks. Lol. By the way this car had a sticker of $60,300 and a $15,000 mark up. What a crime. I got mine at MSRP just 20 miles from this dealer.
Glad to hear about the silver, that's what I ordered as well. Can't wait to see in person

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I'm starting to gravitate towards the silver too. Also sat in the car in person today, an FJG version and a black one. The black with red accents was superb, but the care required for black paint.... Car does look a lot better in person. All the lines and the decal package look better in reality, optional wheels look great. Big exhaust tips!

When you get close notice the contrasting materials and finishes in the grille itself, and grille shroud. The rear view mirrors and the aero parts, same for the pony badge. This is a very personal preference but I would have preferred a shiny dash trim, I like the finish design but its too dark, especially in the shade, I wanted a more metallic look.

Tough choice between the regular seats and the Recaros. Recaros were very comfortable I must say, but I'm narrow in the hips. 6ft and 200lbs. I think I will get regular leather seats, but you really have to sit in both to make a determination. If you have wide hips or a wide bottom you might feel pinched in both by the lower seat bolster.

Glad to hear about the MSRP price.

Last edited:

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I am also torn on which color I like the best on the Mach1. Some of the colors just are too bright, or don't look 'matched' with the odd color wheels. I am not a fan of the white accent stripes. I love white cars but the Mach1 in photos doesn't pop (I think because of the dark wheels). FJG looks great under showroom lights but kinda flat outdoors. Which leads me to Iconic Silver. Each photo or video of the Mach1 I have seen so far looked just right. I mean with the red accent stripes, dark wheels, etc. it all seems to come together. The silver also is great for showing the S550 body lines. Can't wait to see it in person in Iconic Silver.

OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to gravitate towards the silver too. Also sat in the car in person today, an FLG version and a black one. The black with red accents was superb, but the care required for black paint.... Car does look a lot better in person. All the lines and the decal package look better in reality, optional wheels look great. Big exhaust tips!

When you get close notice the contrasting materials and finishes in the grille itself, and grille shroud. The rear view mirrors and the aero parts, same for the pony badge. This is a very personal preference but I would have preferred a shiny dash trim, I like the finish design but its too dark, especially in the shade, I wanted a more metallic look.

Tough choice between the regular seats and the Recaros. Recaros were very comfortable I must say, but I'm narrow in the hips. 6ft and 200lbs. I think I will get regular leather seats, but you really have to sit in both to make a determination. If you have wide hips or a wide bottom you might feel pinched in both by the lower seat bolster.

My last Mustang was black and it looked gorgeous but you're right I was a slave to it. Too much work to keep clean.
The car I saw had the base wheels and I must say they look a lot better in person, I went with the optional ones but probably would have been happy with the base wheels had I saw them before I ordered.
The exhaust tips are a lot bigger than they look in pictures.
Doors were locked so I couldn't get a good look at the interior.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
I am also torn on which color I like the best on the Mach1. Some of the colors just are too bright, or don't look 'matched' with the odd color wheels. I am not a fan of the white accent stripes. I love white cars but the Mach1 in photos doesn't pop (I think because of the dark wheels). FJG looks great under showroom lights but kinda flat outdoors. Which leads me to Iconic Silver. Each photo or video of the Mach1 I have seen so far looked just right. I mean with the red accent stripes, dark wheels, etc. it all seems to come together. The silver also is great for showing the S550 body lines. Can't wait to see it in person in Iconic Silver.
I would have considered Velosity Blue had it not been for the white accent stripes. Thought it looked horrible.I think red accent stripes with silver or black car works well

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Just had the same experience last night. Local dealer got a FJG 6 speed car with recaros. The exhaust tips definitely look bigger in person. It was raining and sun was setting so it was hard to judge the color. I’m still glad I went with gray and I think with the larger wing and HP wheels it’s going to look great. I got to start it up and I was pleasantly surprised, the exhaust was louder than I was expecting.

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
I’m almost regret my decision of white but I’ve regretted every decision on every car I’ve owned as soon as I saw it in another color. Lol

Last edited:

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
I would have considered Velosity Blue had it not been for the white accent stripes. Thought it looked horrible.I think red accent stripes with silver or black car works well
Exactly why I changed mine from blue to silver, didn't like the white stripes either

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The white accent stripes are great match with Blue :sunglasses:

White, gray, black, silver, those are all nice neutral colours which can be combined well with many other colours, red stripes are great with them. I prefer non-neutral colour, medium light blue metallic always looks great, white and black are good supplemental colours there, it wouldn't work with red or orange imo (unlike red brake calipers ofc). Blue is bit more subtle than yellow, orange or red for me, but those look great too on Mach 1.

My story with blue is funny actually, I had blue Mini Cooper S in 2010-2018 so I was more or less decided for a different colour, mostly red, for when I'll buy Mustang. But after lot of thinking I reconsidered and went back for blue 😁

MCS.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I'm starting to gravitate towards the silver too. Also sat in the car in person today, an FJG version and a black one. The black with red accents was superb, but the care required for black paint.... Car does look a lot better in person. All the lines and the decal package look better in reality, optional wheels look great. Big exhaust tips!

I had the Recaros in my 2020 Shelby GT500. Although they are comfortable on short trips I did not find them comfortable on extended drives. Also, the bolsters were very large so in order to get into and out of the car I needed to move the seats all the way back each time. Then I had to play with the seat adjustment to get it back to the right spot. PAIN IN THE ASS. I opted for the electric seats in the Mach1 and I am glad that I did. Also, living in Florida the cooled seats come in handy.

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
To me If you’re driving the car as a daily driver or just on the bigger side I could see the creature comforts would be needed but if it’s a toy or a weekend driver like mine or a track thing that no question Recaro’s.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If my Bullitt were totaled today, I'd look for a loaded Race Red 6spd Mach1. If I was unable to drive manual any more I'd probably get the same, but with the A10.

I still find it dumb that on a near 60K car Red calibers are a $500 option.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I had the Recaros in my 2020 Shelby GT500. Although they are comfortable on short trips I did not find them comfortable on extended drives. Also, the bolsters were very large so in order to get into and out of the car I needed to move the seats all the way back each time. Then I had to play with the seat adjustment to get it back to the right spot. PAIN IN THE ASS. I opted for the electric seats in the Mach1 and I am glad that I did. Also, living in Florida the cooled seats come in handy.
I could definetely see that as a problem. That is the rub with cars like these, how much do I really track it to justify those track oriented but not quite daily friendly features...?

That equation is different for everyone, and has a habit of changing with age.

Thanks for bringing up the heating and cooling on the seats, I should have remembered to post that, and ofcourse the Recaros are all manual adjustments. On track the Recaros side bolstering would be better, but everyday use in a hot climate I'd go regular seats. I lived in FL for years too Wilkinda65, I'll take the ventilation down there every time!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I
I could definetely see that as a problem. That is the rub with cars like these, how much do I really track it to justify those track oriented but not quite daily friendly features...?

That equation is different for everyone, and has a habit of changing with age.

Thanks for bringing up the heating and cooling on the seats, I should have remembered to post that, and ofcourse the Recaros are all manual adjustments. On track the Recaros side bolstering would be better, but everyday use in a hot climate I'd go regular seats. I lived in FL for years too Wilkinda65, I'll take the ventilation down there every time!
did notice in a video that I watched that the side seat bolsters are no where near as high as they are on the GT500 so they would be more tolerable. But I still like the electric seats better. My buddy has a camaro with Recaro seats that are electric so why doesn't Ford?
Sponsored